Mens heels are the next thing - apparently.

Thighboots2

I was chatting with my secretary (who knows of my love for heels and loves it) and I showed her the Nine West "Menswear" section of their website http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/category.s?categoryId=2906050 and asked if she could see her 6ft 7" husband in their offerings. She said that at his height, she doubted he would ever wear high heels. He does work in fashion as a clothing manufacturer and so she does get some insight into what is coming in the fashion world. It is her opinion that heeled footwear for men is on its way very soon.

I guess like the motor world has to work years in advance on new models, the same must be true in fashion purely to get the equipment necessary to manufacture in place. Ok the timeline isnt as long as the motor induatry, but it still takes time to go from drawing board to mass manufacture, build up stock and so on before we punters get to buy it. Certainly designers work a year in advance.

So now we must wait with baited breath to see what is coming. I will ask my secretary if she can, through her hubby, get us any "Scoops" on forthcoming high street trends for the UK.

All I can say is - About blooming time!

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hi, Yes indeed, it will be great if some manufacturer are showing the way. But I guess that to change the mentality of common people is still a little bit far from now. The boots from Nine west looks great (not my style, but...), but if you see the reviews on the website, those are only made by womens... So wait and see...

They better make sure they produce them in a size 12/13 or at least sell larger sizes via internet. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Titou27, Sure I realise they are in the womens section, indeed Nine West are soley for women. Do the same at the Payless site and even though they do both mens and womens shoes, the term MENSWEAR in the search brings up only womens footwear.

I was having a bit of fun with the secretary to see what her reaction was. As so often has been reported by others, it is positive, she loves the look and idea of heels on men and can't understand why it isnt in already.

Hoverfly, Nine West go to 12 in standard width in the MENSWEAR oxford shoe called Naso, whereas the Payless INVESTOR oxford brogue goes to 13 wide.

TB2

"Menswear" is a style like "retro", "Boho" or whatever. As far as heels for men goes, we are seeing a lot of male heel wearing in night clubs unlike a few years ago when it would have only have been us lot or drag queens... Like many fashions of recent years, what happens in the club world will eventually happen on the high street.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

That doesn't matter....one dayit will come to the high street as Dr Shoe says.... This might be again another step in the good direction. I probably will order the boots from this site.... And tell everybody that this is the new style. Thanks for the information TB2 FL

FoxyLady

That doesn't matter....one dayit will come to the high street as Dr Shoe says.... FL

But, when it does will we still be able to wear them or even care?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

exept for guys like me, who are blessed with a small mens foot (WOMENS size 9!!) thank goodness I do not have a LARGER mens foot size, or I'd have trouble!

I was chatting with my secretary (who knows of my love for heels and loves it) and I showed her the Nine West "Menswear" section of their website http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/category.s?categoryId=2906050 and asked if she could see her 6ft 7" husband in their offerings. She said that at his height, she doubted he would ever wear high heels. He does work in fashion as a clothing manufacturer and so she does get some insight into what is coming in the fashion world. It is her opinion that heeled footwear for men is on its way very soon.

Personally, I'm of the view that heeled footwear for men is already here, subject to how you define what a high heel actually is. Major world designers too: We had JP Gaultiers kitten stilettos in 2003, Rick Owens 4" heels throughout more than one season in 2004-2006, YSL Johnny boots for the last 4 seasons, Dior Homme 6.5's since 2004....interesting to note that in the same way heels for men were marketed to noblilty in France's history, they are marketing heels for men to the higher end consumer now.

I guess like the motor world has to work years in advance on new models, the same must be true in fashion purely to get the equipment necessary to manufacture in place. Ok the timeline isnt as long as the motor induatry, but it still takes time to go from drawing board to mass manufacture, build up stock and so on before we punters get to buy it. Certainly designers work a year in advance.

True about the designers. Also, just as we have Consumer Reports to guide consumers on product decisions, there are equivalent industry "bibles" in the fashion world. Read the thread titled, "How are trends decided, where do they come from?" at the Fashion Spot to learn more about what I am talking about.

So now we must wait with baited breath to see what is coming. I will ask my secretary if she can, through her hubby, get us any "Scoops" on forthcoming high street trends for the UK.

All I can say is - About blooming time!

TB2

My belief is that our time is already here, especially in major world capitals like London and New York or any major metropolitan area for that matter. I think we all have acceptance already, we are just not tapping into it because some of us are just too damned afraid to just do it. People on this forum have demonstrated with rock hard time tested validity over and over and over again that the world does not break down when a man wears heels--and that's even in geographically rural areas throughout Europe (micha, dr1819) and the U.S. (Shafted).

Really the question seems to be dissolving into how do we know when we've reached success? How do we define successful assimilation of men in heels? Will it be when Payless starts mass marketing 4" Rick Owen's look alikes? Will it be when female shoe manufacturers start offering size 14 shoes? (already here). Will it be when we carve out a niche social group for ourselves and achieve assimilation that way? Will it be when the shoe manufacturers start turning a profit with heels manufactured for men (already here) and if so, which manufacturers?? Will it be when you can finally wear stilettos to a restaurant on a first date?

As you can see, success is largely an individual matter. How you define success and how I define success may ultimately be different. For me, success has nothing to do with manufacturers selling and marketing heels labeled for men, but success for me means "doing my own thing" with clothes, be they from the female or male department and thoroughly enjoying myself while doing so.

"Menswear" is a style like "retro", "Boho" or whatever.

Good point.

As far as heels for men goes, we are seeing a lot of male heel wearing in night clubs unlike a few years ago when it would have only have been us lot or drag queens...

Like many fashions of recent years, what happens in the club world will eventually happen on the high street.

You mentioned the part about clubbing before. Is it possible to substantiate your claim with some type of documentation (link, paper scan, etc) so we know which specific clubs you are talking about? I live in NYC and can claim that there are men wearing heels in the Hoxton/Shoreditch area or Boombox, but that doesn't mean my claim is qualified per se. Just curious.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

This is great news, TB2! At least it is in the beginnings. I am going to support it as much as I can, even though I prefer the thinly pedestaled wine glass styled high stiletto heeled patent leather pumps with the ovally rounded or short pointed toe boxes, generally. When men's heels come out, I hope they clarify the sizing. Otherwise, one would think they were buying a women's size 11US and be purchasing a men's size 11US (women's 13US), and visa versa, the men's 11US for women's 11US (men's 9US). Maybe we should unify the US sizing from the present men's and women's to a unisex type sizing. If not, there will be a lot of misordered sizings, which would cause a lot of inconvenience and cost a bit more than is necessary for the postage to exchange. It is the seller's responsiblity to its customers is to clarify the sizing discrepancy. If no effort is done the extra cost should be at the seller's expense and not the buyer's.

Kneehighs,

Thanks for your input. I do agree that heeled footwear is already here for exactly the same reasons both you and Dr Shoe quote and it certainly is being marketed exclusively at the high end. Boy it brought tears to my eyes to aquire the Johnny boots. But they are, by our standards here, LOW.

The point I was trying to make was that this high end product is becoming set to trickle down to the mass market. Once the 3" block/cuban gets here on the mens rack in the chain stores then our wives and partners will not bat an eyelid at us wearing heels. Then your (and others) fashion statement by dipping into both wardrobes will be seen as less radical and many more men will have a go.

I wonder just how many of our readers (and newer contributors) have had a look at Firefox's website (Hi Firefox, nice to hear from you). When he put this site together (rather longer ago than perhaps he would care to admit :smile: ) the look was radical, but it was one I liked and felt I could easily be comfortable with.

I will ask my secretary where she thinks the line is drawn. When does a heel become exclusively feminine, ie combination of height and type. After all she thinks the Nine West NASO is an OK guy shoe.

TB2

Titou27, Sure I realise they are in the womens section, indeed Nine West are soley for women. Do the same at the Payless site and even though they do both mens and womens shoes, the term MENSWEAR in the search brings up only womens footwear.

I was having a bit of fun with the secretary to see what her reaction was. As so often has been reported by others, it is positive, she loves the look and idea of heels on men and can't understand why it isnt in already.

Hoverfly, Nine West go to 12 in standard width in the MENSWEAR oxford shoe called Naso, whereas the Payless INVESTOR oxford brogue goes to 13 wide.

TB2

The issue is that there are very slim pickings for good quality heels in larger sizes. Many mens wear stiles stop at a 10. Why? :smile: Payless is ok, I have my share of those. The last time I tried Nine West they run on the small side for my foot.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Will it be when Payless starts mass marketing 4" Rick Owen's look alikes? Will it be when female shoe manufacturers start offering size 14 shoes? (already here)

Already here? I don't believe so.

Already here are fetish styles like patent crotch high 5'' stiletto boots in big male sizes or six inch platform sandalettes or 5'' court shoes from manmade materials. I had already lost my mind if I hadn't found some small companies who are offering fashionable high styles in my size. Like Italianheels, Jean-Gaborit, Shoes-USA or Fuss.

But if I'm visiting a shoe shop in the city emptiness is ruling in the womens department. Not that the shop is empty but the EU 44 shoe shelf for my size is empty or equipped with an incarnation of ugliness - only grandmother shoes. The oversize shops in the internet are offering the same desaster. I'm regretting the poor girls who have the same foot size as me ...

I have just found a pair of boots which I like very much. In my opinion they have the optimal design for an actual male high heel style fashion. A rounded toe box, a thin platform sole and slightly broader heels

http://www.buffalo-shop.de/res/side200/resource_47527.jpg

But they are offered only up to EU 42 and thats simply too narrow for me. They are only good for short outdoor excursions:mecry:

Naturally I have sent them already years ago a complaint mail - no reaction.

nice greetings, micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha,

I have those exact boots (in US 11) I got at Aldo. I don't know if they go larger or if you get Aldo in Germany.

Thanks Cassie for your prompt answer!

No, Aldo isn't known in Germany. Do you have a link on the shop page?

But in my experience US 11 equals EU 42. Steve Madden - the american counterpart of Buffalo - is stopping also at US 11.

I have a nice pair of white 4'' pull on overknees in US 13 - the classical 8868 style - they are nearly matching my foot size. I had better ordered them in US 14. I think that the sizes are simply wrong because of their chinese origin. Recently I have worn them again on the street. I have turned the upper shafts inside and have worn them as kneehigh slouch boots over dark grey skinny jeans. In my opinion an excellent idea - they looked like the actual girls fashion. Only with slightly higher heels :smile:

Nevertheless the actual boots fashion in my size: nothing, nichts, nada, rien, nitshto, niente ...

Kneehighs,

Thanks for your input. I do agree that heeled footwear is already here for exactly the same reasons both you and Dr Shoe quote and it certainly is being marketed exclusively at the high end. Boy it brought tears to my eyes to aquire the Johnny boots. But they are, by our standards here, LOW.

Your welcome!

The point I was trying to make was that this high end product is becoming set to trickle down to the mass market. Once the 3" block/cuban gets here on the mens rack in the chain stores then our wives and partners will not bat an eyelid at us wearing heels. Then your (and others) fashion statement by dipping into both wardrobes will be seen as less radical and many more men will have a go.

Your point is now clarified and well understood. Thanks.

I wonder just how many of our readers (and newer contributors) have had a look at Firefox's website (Hi Firefox, nice to hear from you). When he put this site together (rather longer ago than perhaps he would care to admit :wave: ) the look was radical, but it was one I liked and felt I could easily be comfortable with.

I don't know, but Firefox's site has indeed contributed more than it's fair share to the growth of our community.

I will ask my secretary where she thinks the line is drawn. When does a heel become exclusively feminine, ie combination of height and type. After all she thinks the Nine West NASO is an OK guy shoe.

TB2

Kewl, keep us posted. :smile:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The Pleaser Flair 2010 boots are somewhat similar to the Buffalo boots you showed, and they come up to size US Women's 16. They have a 1/2 inch platform and 5 inch heel in the larger sizes, at least, and are quite comfortable, though the 1/2 length zipper is a pain, in my opinion.

post-28-133522849739_thumb.jpg

The Pleaser Flair 2010 boots are somewhat similar to the Buffalo boots you showed, and they come up to size US Women's 16. They have a 1/2 inch platform and 5 inch heel in the larger sizes, at least, and are quite comfortable, though the 1/2 length zipper is a pain, in my opinion.

Thanks Bob, not a bad proposal!

I like the idea of converting fetish boots into actual fashion. With turned inside shafts my overknees are even looking better over drain pipe jeans than the actual girly fashion with shy kitten heels. I hope that the teen girls will be jealous on me :smile: