7inch heels advice

new_look

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hi everyone am thinking about getting some 7in heels not decided on boots or shoes yet, but irrelevant to my question. decided on 7in for indoor purposes only obviously, tried 6in before and to be fair was quite disappointed that it took very little time to walk ok in them. looking for something that poses a little more of a challenge without going to ballet boots. my question is can anyone share experiences on sizing etc and manufacturers. i had some 6in heels pleaser, im usually a generous 8 so ordered a 9, ordering a size up as advised and when they arrived they were massive...waaay too big for my size 8/9 foot. Just hoping someone can give me a better idea on how the fit is on these extreme styles nl

It depends where you are - if you are near to Sheffield try Bananashoes or if you are near Ramsbottom try Alternative Footwear - you can't beat trying them on. I've found with different makes of shoes you need different sizes, eg Hollywood heels V Pleaser etc. It would be worth a trip.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

From my experience, Pleaser generally fits true to size or a bit big. Hollywood Heels seem a bit small, at least compared to Pleasers. But, it probably depends on the style, as many identical shoes from the same production line are sold under several brands. Many sites say to size up just because of the heel height. I believe this is unnecessary and not accurate. In fact, I wear 11 in most heels, but often have to go to 12 in flat heels. In short, don't try to outguess the marked size unless you've tried them on. Ask here, someone probably already has whatever style you're contemplating.

• 3 months later...

Pleaser have just re-arranged their sizings and now they come in UK half-sizes. It used to be the case that you had to go a size bigger but I think they have done this to compensate. For example, your generous size 8 would be a US size 11, but that equates to UK 8.5, so this removes the uncertainty a little. Hollywood Heels are sticking with full sizes but they do vary somewhat especially in the width, which makes a surprising difference to the fit. As everyone has said, theres no substitute for trying them on.

My shoe brand of choice for shoes to wear in the house is Pleaser for the reasons mentioned above. I rarely get a size up, I normally just go for my normal shoe size. I agree you should try and wear them before buying. Are you looking for a platform heel? If so you might enjoy 8" shoes as I find even 7" easy.

Hi Roz , will have too post here as cannot in the girls !! You are indeed "mad" 130 pairs wish i was there too see them all!! Those 6" sandals you were wearing at the time of your post are too die for bet they look beautiful on you, anyway happy shoe stacking!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to find a pair of 7" high heels to test drive one day. I enjoy occassionally wearing 6" high heels, but after hear all of the past correspondence, I'm anxious to try wearing a pair of 7" high heels.:roll:

• 1 year later...

Thanks very much. I'm on the 6" platforms now, about to move onto 7"!

7'' platforms are easy to walk in. my very first heels were 7.5'' platforms. i used them to do a 5 mile charity walk which i actually completed in around 3.5 to 4 hours. the are the same as my avatar (pleser xtc 826):blinkbigeyes: