shoe sale in Croydon

Smudgeur

Thought some of our UK readers might be interested in this:

www.bigfeetdirectory.co.uk

SHOES FOR LADIES WITH BIG FEET

U.K SIZES 9 TO 13 (INCLUDING SOME HALF SIZES)

SHOE EVENT / SALE

SATURDAY, 26TH OCTOBER 2002. (10am –3pm)

FAIRFIELD HOTEL,

1 LANSDOWNE RD,

CROYDON, SURREY.

CR9 2BN.

“YOU’LL BE AMAZED AT OUR COLLECTION”

FOR MORE DETAILS

CALL KENNY ON 07752 304 922 OR 0776 965 5075.

There are some nice shoes there but no stilettos with high heels. Why is it that sellers of large size shoes don't carry some of the more attractive styles that are availabie in smaller sizes -- like pumps, sandals and boots with stiletto heels higher than 3 inches? if I lived closer to the event, I would make a point to drop in and discuss this in person with Kenny.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually, I disagree. I have seen plenty very tall women in heels. One of my lecturers at college was 6'2" and often wore heels in excess of 4". She had size 4 (uk) feet though and a passion for footwear which is precisely why she does what she does i.e. Lecturing in the subject of footwear design.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

There's another sale in Croydon this weekend if anyone is interested

www.bigfeetdirectory.co.uk

SHOES FOR LADIES WITH BIG FEET

U.K SIZES 9 TO 13 (INCLUDING SOME HALF SIZES)

XMAS CLEARANCE

NEW STYLES ARRIVED !!!

SATURDAY, 23rd NOVEMBER 2002. (10am –3pm) FAIRFIELD HOTEL,

1 LANSDOWNE RD,

CROYDON, SURREY.

CR9 2BN.

SOME BOOTS NOW IN SALE!!!

FOR MORE DETAILS

CALL KENNY ON 07752 304 922 OR 0776 965 5075.

• 2 months later...

Another www.bigfeetdirectory.co.uk sale in Croydon this weekend:

DO JOIN US FOR OUR "ONE OFF GRAND SALE"AT THE

“FAIRFIELD HOTEL, CROYDON”

ON

SAT 8TH FEB,10AM TILL 2.45PM.

MANY ITEMS 1/2 PRICE.

They don't have any really high heels, but some of their current collection is quite nice and they are available in sizes up to UK11. Apparently they are having a big clearout of boots so there maybe something worthwhile there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn, I was in London on Feb 7th and 8th, no Internet access since the evening of Feb 6th. I wish you'd posted that message a day earlier! One place that I was going to go to, was a shop in Croydon, but I missed doing it, as the time spent travelling there and back from the centre of London couldn't be justified for just one place, when I had a long list of things to do. Even so, then I only managed to get to about half of the places I had on my list. London is sooo big. Only on day 2 did I discover a map listing nearly all the shops of interest (The London Fetish Map - free in several fetish type retailers). Armed with the map, I was then slowed down by going back to areas I had been the day before, just to visit one extra place on my new found list. I hoped to find a nugget, but for some on the list there was nothing of interest, and it was wasted time. Next time, I can miss those out.

However, a walk down Islington High Street found three or four shops (unplanned) with some very interesting stuff (some designer, and second-hand-designer shops), including a pair of purple boots, that were patterned, embossed leather over the foot, and lower leg, turning into a stiff jeans or canvas material, mostly dark purple, higher up. They had 4.5 inch half metal heels (and possibly a metal toe cap?), and were UK size 7 (my size is usually UK 6.5, or EUR 39.5 or EUR 40). I didn't see the designers name (someone go get a picture of them, please, in the window of the Stone shop). They were reduced in the sale from GBP 575 to GBP 199, so still out of my league by a long way. All the staff were quite young, and a lot of kids in the shop, otherwise I would have just had to try them on.

Just down the road in Second Mano some long, knee-high granny boots, with a 4.5 inch heel, which was square and very straight. The heel looks very high. The boots laced up at the front, but were also sewn together; entry and exit therefore being by side zip only. Another EUR size 39 opportunity, at GBP 110, but having been re-soled (not too brilliantly I think), not for me (a quiet shop, but with a mother and young daughter as staff, I didn't hang around long).

Actually, I disagree. I have seen plenty very tall women in heels. One of my lecturers at college was 6'2" and often wore heels in excess of 4". She had size 4 (uk) feet though and a passion for footwear which is precisely why she does what she does i.e. Lecturing in the subject of footwear design.

6ft2 with size 4 feet?!?!? How on earth did she balance? And I thought I had small feet (size 8UK) for a 6ft1 bloke! I wish I had smaller feet.... I could fit more shoes that way!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

6ft2 with size 4 feet?!?!? How on earth did she balance? And I thought I had small feet (size 8UK) for a 6ft1 bloke! I wish I had smaller feet.... I could fit more shoes that way!

SH

Yes she was something of an oddity but balancing didn't seem to be a problem at all. After all, stilt walkers manage don't they?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.