Your first pair

gottchoo

Out of curiosity, what were your first pair of heel that you really started to wear often? I have yet to buy a pair, but it is a fantasy of mine. I like the 6in platform type of 5in, no platform and just wondering, if those heights are way too high to start off in. I know everyone's foot is different and so is the make of the heel, just wondering what everyone started off with and what the general consensus is.

Now you're asking! LOL Not sure I can remember that far back. My first pair of heels was a pair of men's cowboy boots with a 3" heel in about 1981 which I wore until they fell off my feet, quite literally! The first female shoes I think was a pair of white patent pumps with 4" heels in about 1985, I got them home and found that they were too small. Then followed another pair of white leather ones which fit perfectly.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yup, same for me. I was around in those mens heels days. They were great. We did wear some really whacky stuff then tee hee, but I also lived in a pair of 3" heeled Oxford shoes. Getting my Johnny Boots has taken me straight back. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Guest Loveshiheels

My first pair I bought last year were a pair of Pleaser Red cross-strap with a 5" heel. Had no problems with walking in them but they are a size usa14. A little bit big for me but with the cross-straps stops my foot from moving to much in the shoe.

My first was a pair of 5" black suede strappy sandals. I bought them in a easter hollyday, when all family were visiting relatives in another city; I had to stay home due to business things. I wore them for the hole hollyday, home alone. Great hollyday! It happened 9 years ago.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Cheap white stillettos I bought from Primark that were too painful to wear after a while as didn't fit me well. Never again! I'm more sensible with my footwear choices now.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Back at late 80's I got my first pair of calf high black suede boots with 3" heel. I think I have that pair still around somewhere.

Damn, I even found a pic of the shoes from my archives. :smile:

Posted Image

If my memory doesn't decive me, then my first pair was a gold coloured court with a 2" pointy heel. Bought them at the summer sale for very small money about 20 years ago. Must have been a leftover from last years season. I hid them in my car to put them on on my way to school. I never dared to wear them in school, though. I guess they went the usual route to a charity collection box when they were worn out. Before that I always tried to fit my moms old shoes but they were way to small.

White stretch patent cheerleader boots, with a small silver buckle at the top. Saw an ad in the paper for them at a local discount store for fifty cents, gathered up a few quarters my grandmother had given me, and rode my bike down to buy them. About 1974... Thanks for the memories!

"It's just a flesh wound"

The first pair I bought was a pair of pumps from an infamous shop at BA. They were black patent with grey lizzard stripes on the heel, 4" high. It was in 1984, in winter, before the skiing season. I remember the year because I took them with me on my ski month.

Beige stretch knee boots, size US 10 (I'm between 11 & 12). Very nice but too small; I really wanted white but they didn't have them in my size. And back in the early 70's, you couldn't find larger sizes that were stylish.

It's all about the heel!

My first pair were brown knee boots with 3 1/2 inch heels. I bought them "for my girlfriend" in January 1980, in a shoe store at a mall. I went to the shoe store near closing time, and there weren't any other customers in the store. I measured my foot before buying them, but didn't try them on until I got back to the car. That night also marked my first street heeling experiences, walking around the mostly abandoned mall, buying gas, and at a convenience store. The whole experience was a huge rush, and I remember it well.

My first pair was some disco shoes like J. Tavota had in " Saturday Night Fever" back around 1980. And yes, I did go disco dancing at the clubs a few times. My first pair of womens shoes is a four inch black shiny slingback, with cork looking heel. I love wearing them. Guy

Way back in the late '50's I was cleaning out a storage room for my neighbor and I encountered a pair of black leather pointy-toed stilettos in my size. Needless to say I "liberated" them and hid them in my newspaper sack until I could get them to a more secure location. As I look back on things I come to realize my neighbor had planted them there for me anyway. She was great.

My first pair, actually 3 pairs, I ordered from sexyshoes back in 96 I think. They were all pumps 4½"-5" and were NEVER intended to be worn in public. What I knew back then I was a freak liking girls high heeled shoes.

Around 2003-2004 I discovered several on-line shops and also this forum but I kind of stayed away because what I felt was so un-normal to me. After having had a relationship break up in 2005 I started to think about following my feelings instead of just following rule "1A" and so about 18 month ago I decided to explore this "crazy" things with high heels. I ordered some 5-6 pairs from the US and participated in the hh meet in Amsterdam last summer. Well, the rest is history.

I wouldn't say that wouldn't go to the different places anyway but the hh meets provided an "excuse" to go both to London and New York (x2) where I have made so many friends.

Last meet in London also introduced me to the fetish scene where one really can live out ones inner dreams. And this have brought me to numerous places (Copenhagen, Gothenbourgh, Berlin, Hamburg, Paris) where I have met loads of new people, all staying away from rule "1A" and living life to the fullest.

Amazing how much hhplace have affected me, ins't it?

Right now I am actually preparing for one of the biggest yearly events in my region, a party with appr 200 people held at ones private house! Yes, it is a big house! There is actually a chartered coach/bus going there because it is a 30 min drive outside the bigger cities. Of course I will be wearing heels there.

taliheels wrote: "my first pair were my sister's black 4inch mules" so, what did your sister say when she discovered that you were wearing here heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My first "heels" were men's boots in the early 1970's when the sight of a guy with heeled boots was common. One pair was about 2" and the other pair was closer to 3". I wore them for a long time until they wore out. In fact I got married wearing the second pair in 1975. My first purchase of women's shoes was a pair of Dr. Scholl exercise sandals (the heeled style) in 1974. I still wear the same style today occasionally. As time went on I bought more women's style shoes until today that is all I buy. Thankfully, my wife is supportive of my shoe choices (yes, the same lady that I married in '75!) so it isn't a problem. The only way things could have been better is if she wore the same size as me, but I'm a 10 and she wears 6. I'm not complaining though.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Correction: my first pair of heels was a man's pair. At the time, the shoe store had two pairs of men's boots with heels; one military looking knee high lace up and the other a little higher than ankle boot of black pu with about a 2" high heel. I wanted both but didn't have the cash to do both so I would up with the black one.

It's all about the heel!