Peachy Shoes

mikeheel

Is it true? Has she shut this wonderful shop? It was such a treat to visit Peachys and if she has finished I need to know. I was planning to go in again before Christmas. If it is bad news can I be the first to say thank you to the Peach for having such a fantastic shop. Off to hide and cry now ! :smile:

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

I agree it is a shame Peachy has gone :smile:. Never did get to visit, as its not my neck of the woods. A website and websales running alongside the shop would have been an asset. I certainly would have visited and more than likely purchased that way. You gotta support board members. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 1 month later...

There is no truth in the rumor that it is closed. I am on the phone right now with Heelfan and he has personally verified that Peachy Shoes is still indeed open for business! :santa_hat: Peachy's is still in the rear show room of building 10/11 Perry Road [Park Row, Bristol] the phone number is still the same 0117 330 9090, so you can ring up Peachy and verify personally. Heelfan and Peachy say they will visit for an update.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

WHAAAAT ! This is crazy. I would have been in to do some Christmas shopping but it is a bit late now ! Such a shame they have no website to clear up this kind of problem. Oh well i will have to drop by to confirm . Thanks for the great news!!:santa_hat: M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Well, what used to be the shop front has gone and is now an antique shop I think. hence it looks like the shop has gone. However, I think you need to go into the shop and ask or ring first. either way, perhaps one of them might be able to confirm what has happened?

The angels have the phonebox.

Well I was told by Heelfan himself that Peachy was getting out of the business. However, it would appear that she has had a change of heart and runs it from the back of her mother's antique shop...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

a website would be a great idea. its a long way for some of us to travel to bristol.....

they dont cost a lot nowadays, but I am afraid the internet is not the place to make a great living out of pleaser stock that can be found cheaper elsewhere.

again, they know where we are, Kneehighs has spoken to them, I am sure they will let us know what is going on.

a website would be a great idea. its a long way for some of us to travel to bristol.....

An Ebay Seller shop would do the trick.

Very easy to set up and it would open up Mels' business to an international market.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

An Ebay Seller shop would do the trick.

Very easy to set up and it would open up Mels' business to an international market.

I dont belive it would help as there are countless ebayers selling stuff cheap with no service, A simplemwebsite pointing folk who have the time and money to visit the retail shop is all that is needed.

They know where we are, I am sure they will reply here soon.

I dont belive it would help as there are countless ebayers selling stuff cheap with no service, A simplemwebsite pointing folk who have the time and money to visit the retail shop is all that is needed.

They know where we are, I am sure they will reply here soon.

Besides which the time involved in managing an ebay on line shop PLUS your day to day work (be it running Peachy shoes) is indeed not a task I would begrudge upon anyone.

Selling one or two items on Ebay is ok, selling 20? Think of all the trips to the Post Office. The novelty will soon wear off....quickly.

Lets not forget that the owners may be content with the current rate of demand.

As Nigel says, they know the forum is here....

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed. I got my wires well and truly crossed. Heelfan said that Mel was giving up the shop and clearing all her "normal" shoes in order to trade from the back of her mother's antique shop. I thought he said that they were giving it up all together! My mistake!!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There is plenty of interest for a website showing and listing the style and sizes of the shoes Mel at Peachy Shoes has for sale. I would enjoy seeing what she has in stock, also. Who knows, I might just buy a pair or two from her. But, not being in closer proximity to her store, I am "cut out of the pattern" not having any idea what she is offering.

• 3 weeks later...

To dispel the members' above confusion: Peachy Shoes is still run by member Peachy (my daughter) at: PEACHY SHOES, 10 & 11 PERRY ROAD (PARK ROW) BRISTOL, BS1 5BG, UK TEL: 0117 3309090 (or from overseas 0044 117 3309090) The only recent change was that whereas the front showroom of No. 10 was ladies' "boring everyday" shoes, Mel has given up those and that room is now antiques. However, she still uses the rear showroom for displaying/selling wicked 4" to 8" heels in many sexy styles. Viewed from the street, No. 10 has now changed to an antique shop, but is also the entrance for the shoes. No 11's shopfront is still PEACHY SHOES with an assortment of wild heels on display, as always. Therefore Mel and I are mystified as to how any passing-by members could possibly miss that! Hope that has clarified it for everyone, and that Mel can look forward to continuining phone calls or visits from the many customer-members. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks for the "splain." Would still like to see a website, though. :santa_hat:

I agree. They don't call this era the Information Age for nothing. Plus a website could have prevented this communication breakdown and possible lost sales from ever occurring.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Perhaps one of the members attending the heel meet would volunteer to construct a website for a nice pair of heels???? :santa_hat:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.