Anyone have some courage for the super tall???

whynotheels

Good Afternoon, I'm in need of some courage. I'm really close to 6'5" tall. Put on some heels and I have to start ducking under doorways. I have worn 3 1/2 inch heels in public for a week a couple years ago. I loved the experience, but the shoes were a little on the cheap and painful side. "Close enough" isn't really a good way to size heels --LOL. So let's hear from some other really tall guys. Do you wear heels publicly? Do you care that you tower over people? What are the highest quality shoes you've found in size 14 or 15?

I've had great luck with Pleaser/Demonia, Dallas Heights, and Moda Spana so far. I sympathize with your tallness, since I am 6'2" myself, but really don't care about it so much when wearing heels, cuz I can feel the confidence and power build when wearing them - just gives you that extra rush you need.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I too am 6'5" inches. I have a high arched foot Size 13 US Male. My favorite and sturdy shoes are the 5" heeled Seduce 460 Oxford - in leather for around $50. A great bargain. I wear them often, mostly in public rotating between a couple of them that I own. I usually wear with longer slacks or 37" inseam jeans from Buckle Stores. You have to get a little use to your new height, but even with the 5" heels I survive most doorways. I like my look and proportions I have when in the tall heels.

I'm 6' 4 and wear ballets or whatever heel I feel like wearing up to 8 inch platforms or 7 inch non platform pumps. As for quality heels I have had good luck with Karo's shoes for the extreme heels and Colin Stuart for normal high heels.

I'm a hair under 6'4" and I wear heels out pretty infreqently, so when I do go in public with them I wear them with no qualms about being even taller than everyone else. I actually embrace it in a strange way.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Hello, I'm 6'8" without heels and have to duck in doorways sometimes. I'm not a street heeler (yet) but I wonder how I will feel when in heels at the street. Actually, I'm so tall that maybe the extra height will be no clue for me.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

You guys are GREAT!! I'm happy to see so many other tall heelers. I'm going to try to find some of the shoes you've recommended. Heeling just feels wonderful. And here's a thought I just had: maybe our hieght is an advantage. People are so busy staring at how tall we are, they probably never look down at our shoes --LOL. Have a great weeekend!