London x-mas shopping??

thighboots

Would anyone be interested in meeting in London, perhaps during the first week on December?? Would be have to be a week day. I am not going to able to make the Feb Heel meeting :wave: Just a though really, thought it might be an 'easy' place to wear heels outdoors for the first time - busy loads of people in a rush .................. Let me know! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I might be going to be out this coming Thursday in Oxford St and West End. Interested? Cheers.

Hey! Nice to see you around! :smile: Looking forward to seeing you in person in London in Feb.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I'm on a course near Oxford Street on Thursday as luck has it, I finish around 4.30 or so and had planned to do a bit of Christmas shopping as I was there. I'd be glad to meet up, however I'm not wearing heels at the moment, hope that's ok, but I'll try to wear boots.

On Wednesday afternoon I broke my computer - cracked the screen, so I wasn't sure whether the meet would happen. Also I haven't been able to have my fix of hhplace - I'm at an internet cafe now. Anyway back to the day, Tara rang me at 4.30 on the dot and we met up.

Tara was looking lovely, corseted and wearing skinnyhigh waisted jeans, topped by a black leather jacket with assymetric zip and black stilleto knee boots. I'm not sure that she approved of my attire; male black coat and fairly smart sweatshirt, with silver shorts, silver glittery tights, flattish knee high boots and a red shiny scarfe.

We had tea at Pret in Carnaby street - and strenght recovered we did a few of the shoe shops near Oxford Circus.

It was nice to meet up, the rest of the evening was fun too, shopping on my own. It fits more properly in another thread though.

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/146183-post157.html

I feel the need for heels .... ..... might even feel the need for speed if my 4wd fails its MOT ! If all goes well, I'm up for a London visit. I'll bang a stake in the ground and say Thursday 6th Dec, if that's OK by you. Libertys are doing some well sexy leather gloves, so I might want to go there! Xa

To hell with it, I've booked my train ticket for Thursday 6th. I will be at King's Cross station at 1110 am. We could meet up at this super-shiny version of St Pancras (next door) and introduce our European cousins using the new Channel Tunnel rail terminal to style, UK-wise ! Xa

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say that Fog and I met in Paradiso for lunch.

Fog was wearing leggings, a corset and a short skirt with flat knee-high boots. I wondered about the practicality of corset-wearing, especially as I normally have an 'eat as much as you like' buffet at Paradiso.

The weather didn't turn out as rainy as expected, but I chose to wear a tan pair of knee-highs outside skinny jeans. Actually, I don't like them too much, so I wasn't that bothered if they got wet.

We noticed that the shop assistants were trying very hard to sell merchandise, unlike previous years. There are some £40 markdowns in the shops already, but the original prices seem a bit expensive compared to last year. I suspect cynical marketing here. I retalitiated with cynical buying practice, and deferred any purchase, waiting for a thing I call 'the right price'.

Libertys and Selfridges proved interesting if we were intending splashing out £500 on a pair of shoes. As is usual, the designer stuff is excellent quality. I tried on a pair of Louboutin 5" Clichys, which look the real business, compared with the 4" variety they are trying to palm off on the ordinary punters. The Clichy pumps have a huge amount of toe cleavage, so were not really suitable for anything but narrow feet, certainly my size 5 EEE twinkletoes didn't do them justice ! (they might be delicate little feeties, so far as length is concerned, but, as far as width goes, they are ossing great clodhoppers ! )

We stopped off for a couple of beers in the evening before Fog disappeared back home, and I returned to Kings Cross station to wait 40 minutes for my train, standing all the time. No bloody seats there .... crap British railways for you !

Xa

Thanks for the report on your shopping trip. Over the years, I really appreciated hearing of your adventures. I've wanted a pair of Louboutin 5" Clichys every since I read about and saw the pictures on the "Fashionspot." But, there are a couple of things that keep me from buying them. One, the cost....absolutely crazy for a man to spend that much money for a pair of womens heels for himself. And the second reason is the physical damage that I would incure once my wife found out how much I'd spent on them. I am afraid, though, that if I ever tried a pair, my restince would disappar.:smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just a quick note to say that Fog and I met in Paradiso for lunch.

Fog was wearing leggings, a corset and a short skirt with flat knee-high boots. I wondered about the practicality of corset-wearing, especially as I normally have an 'eat as much as you like' buffet at Paradiso.

Xa

Agreed, but I know what I'm like. I've lost nearly a stone in the past three months and I want it to stay that way and continue. So I had one of the smallest eat as much you like buffets in the history of the world, or at least in my life. Actually, I saw a smaller platefull than mine on the table next to me, but I think eating less and exercising more is the secret of staying slim, fit and healthy. It's the first time I've been out for so long in the corset. Eating a meal - even a small one - is a challenge in a corset - so it was an experience. By the time we got to Liberty I was starting to feel the corset so I took it off and also changed into a pair of silver shorts. We had good fun shopping, and in some shops they had a serious go at selling to us.

As I've mentioned in other posts I'm no longer wearing heels. The forecast was for a dire day, so I bought a pair of mid calf black shiny pvc boots. Tasteful I hear you say! Well I thought they looked good with my two pairs of tights, H&M red brown 70 denier, and a pair of sparkly tights of unknown provenance raided from Mrs. F's drawer. I think I bought them for her for Christmas a couple of years ago - they've now got a slight ladder - sorry.

Working in retail can be boring, when I worked in the classical department at HMV we all had our favourite customers, the characters, people who we'd spend five minutes chatting to, and I think it must be the same in shoe shops. Guys wearing heels stand out, and as long as you don't stand out in the wrong way - by that I mean look like a fertive purve - you add a little bit of variety to their day.

After a while shoes all start looking the same to me. Did I say that! Yes I did, a couple of beers was a welcome relief. A couple of pints of London Pride without a corset on. After that we had a look in Selfridges. I'd decided to go home quite early and I said goodbye to Xa and went to the loo before I left. Whilst I was in there I thought what the heck and put the skirt and corset back on. With the intention of having a look at the clothes shops. I had a little look around, but after half an hour my bladder called me back to Selfridges and their well kept toilets. I tidied myself up and went back out, I was surprised by the number of positive comments I received. They were dishing out Cava (I don't know why they call Cava Champagne!) and chocolates so I wandered around the cosmetics counters glass in hand.

So that's about it. The countdown sign had a phantom bus on it. A prediction for route 73 to Victoria station dissapeared at four minutes, which was a bit annoying, but never mind I got straight on the Gatwick Express skirt flowing through Victoria Station Concourse. I took more of a risk of seeing colleagues on my way into London at mid day. I didn't see them, they might have seen me, but what the heck - if they did it would give them something to talk about and add to the variety of their day.