Life as it is and not as it should be.

One of my most favored comments about life comes from the movie: "Man Of LaMancha". Don Miquel Cervantes (Peter O'Toole) along with his sidekick Sancho have been imprisoned for putting on a play the Inquisition leaders of the area deemed inciteful and a heresy against the church. While in the confines of the dungeon, Cervantes convinces the other prisoners to let him put on this play with them as part of the cast as a way of telling them why he is there. One of his personal views is given in a response to why his character in their play "Don Quixote" couldn't face reality as it is. He begains by saying: "Life As It Is". I've lived for over forty years and I've seen life as it is. Pain, Misery, Cruelty beyond belief, I've heard the voices of God's noblest creature, Moans from bundles of filth in the streets. I've been a soldier and a slave. I've seen my comrades fall in battle or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them at the last moment. These were men who saw life as it is, but they died dispairing. No glory, no brave last words, only their eyes, filled with confusion, questioning why. I do not think they were questioning why they were dying, but why they had ever lived. When life itself seems to lunatic, who knows where madness lies. Perhaps to be to practical is madness, to surrender dreams may be madness, To seek treasure where there is only trash, to much sanity maybe madness. The madest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be. We all need strength from time to time, to get pass the manmade realities of life that have natural consequences. We can't give up who we are, no matter how much we want things to change into our favor as we see the reality of the big picture. I often ask in my mind "where and how does all this fit?" and "why can't others catch this same vision of reality?" Then I come back into focus and realize we are all individuals with our own way of dealing with life's issues and of comprehending them. I am thankful for my desire to wear high stiletto heeled pumps, because it has offered a more balanced view into what a person is. Otherwise, I'd probably side with those who seem to be prejudice against any thing out of the social norm.

Interesting. How true. I to have become a changed man now I have excepted my passion for heels and am not prejudice about any body or any thing. I was raised in a very narrow minded and prejudice way and that has all changed and I believe it has a lot to do with simply, my shoes. Ironic huh?

real men wear heels

I totally agree, it really makes you ponder everytime you look at something different or that you may dislike, before you judge it. I sometimes find myself justifying other people's behavior, while disapproving those who just judge without even finding out just a little bit about the one they're judging.

I find I am pretty much a Libertarian now. I want the government (and society) to leave everyone alone to pursue whatever they desire, as long as they don't violate anyone else's right to do the same. I want the right to wear my brightest pink 6" stiletto strappy sandals anywhere I want without fear of harassment or being shamed. I can dream, can't I? CJ

I find I am pretty much a Libertarian now. I want the government (and society) to leave everyone alone to pursue whatever they desire, as long as they don't violate anyone else's right to do the same. I want the right to wear my brightest pink 6" stiletto strappy sandals anywhere I want without fear of harassment or being shamed. I can dream, can't I?

CJ

Well, if you subscribe to the notion that "the man who is governed best is the man who is governed LEAST" then I'm not at all sure where you'll find such a government today. Most governments feed on power - which means that the government wants all the powers, which it takes away from the people. Worse yet - the minute that most governments get a taste of power they become insatiably addicted to it.:smile: Unfortunately, in this world there are no practical alternatives to what we have.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I am what I am! I do not care about anyone else's opinion nor do I seek approval on how I should dress or behave. I do what it takes and try to follow God's path each and every day and that's the only approval I need. I believe that God has given me the desire to have this special passion for the shoes I wear because it has opened my heart and thoughts to many different prejudice's' that I had and made me a better person all around with a complete open and forgiving mind.

real men wear heels

I am what I am! I do not care about anyone else's opinion nor do I seek approval on how I should dress or behave.

You sound like a pure, strict individualist to me. And, that is good to a point. However, even the staunchest, most ardent individualists' behavior and conduct is governed by their fellow citizens to one degree or another. See how forgiving your fellow citizens are if they observe your behavior as being "out of bounds." :smile:

You sound like a pure, strict individualist to me. And, that is good to a point. However, even the staunchest, most ardent individualists' behavior and conduct is governed by their fellow citizens to one degree or another. See how forgiving your fellow citizens are if they observe your behavior as being "out of bounds." :smile:

All my friends and family have excepted me as I am. With or with out heels.

Live and let live.

real men wear heels

• 3 months later...

I think it's worth remembering that even the most feminine woman would get lots of odd looks if she wore 6 inch hot pink sandals during the day time. I have always thought one should dress for the occasion. When I wear heels it's usually at night if they are really high. I always dress to integrate the heels properly. The last time I wore heels out I teamed them with some really skinny grey jeans, a red ruffled shirt and a really deep leather Japanese obi style dark brown belt. The shoes were black patent 5 inch high lace ups with a small platform. Standard men's shoes would not have worked with that look. It's all about balance and proportion. To me a man in baggy men's jeans and a polo shirt looks wrong if he wears heels. It looks as if he has a high heel fetish and can't be bothered to dress properly. It's just the same if a woman wears really high heels that don't go with her outfit. Warmest regards, Ben

• 1 month later...

What a great thread this is. Every single one of you have great points. I am a heterosexual man that loves to wear nice men's clothes and hats and feminine high heels in private and public. My dear friends and family have accepted me for my preferences. Those who don't accept me may go they're own way. As Shakespear said, "...to thine own self be true." I know who I am and I like who I am. And that's the bottom line.;)