Boots? Your opinion..

SarahLou

Hello :smile: Has anyone ever bought some boots from a UK site called Duo?

www.duoboots.com

I have bought the style Cadiz, and as much as I love them, they are not practical to wear everyday, and the heels get worn down so fast by the terrible condition of the roads on my way to work. What other styles on the boots page do you think are nice? The Genova ones are nice, but Im not sure how good id be at taking care of suede!

Hi, I havent but a friend of mine buys loads, no complaints at all. If you are thinking about spending that kind of money, why not hope on a train to Bath and try them on, give them a ring first of course! best of luck, Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Hi, I got the Sicily model in brown last week. Very nice and very well made. Only problem is that considering I ordered after my calfsize them seem a bit loose. I would certainly have hoped they'd be tighter. But thats a lesson learned for next order :smile: For now I will just wear them with throusers inside.

My girlfriend has two pairs of boots from Duo, one pair are only worn on occasions and havnt worn. The other pair she has worn alot and generally are ok. The only problem with them she has found is that the zip liner (?) on the inside of the boot, no matter how careful you were ALWAYS somehow jammed in the zip...even if you ran your finger down the zip when zipping up. Duo wernt exactly helpful when we asked them to look at them (which even included a member of the shop staff zipping up the boots on GF and us going for a walk for 20 mins...jammed zip- no exchange offered), that said we've been back and the GF has her eyes set on more. Recommend a visit to Bath prior to buying. Noticed more stores are opening....

Hello :smile: Has anyone ever bought some boots from a UK site called Duo?

www.duoboots.com

I have bought the style Cadiz, and as much as I love them, they are not practical to wear everyday, and the heels get worn down so fast by the terrible condition of the roads on my way to work.

Hi

Do the heels have plastic/rubber or metal heeltips? If they are the former; try having them replaced with metal tips.... thet wear out much more slowly.... and, of course, enhance THAT lovely clicking noise when you are walking

love all the designs on the site.... unfortunately none in my size :-(

pab200

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence

Well I bought the genova ones, they are very nice! And yes they are plastic heel tips on my other boots, I would LOVE to have metal ones, only im afraid they might damage my work floor! The roads around here are so bad...los of pot holes and very uneven pavements with the most coarse top I have ever seen. Such a shame for heel wearers! What styles would you buy from that site if they had your size?

Well I bought the genova ones, they are very nice! And yes they are plastic heel tips on my other boots, I would LOVE to have metal ones, only im afraid they might damage my work floor! The roads around here are so bad...los of pot holes and very uneven pavements with the most coarse top I have ever seen. Such a shame for heel wearers!

What styles would you buy from that site if they had your size?

Well for sheer posing power the Cadiz... I love the heel/toe combination.

However; the Genova in black or brown leather rather than suede woiuld make an ideal "work" boot; if I were allowed to wear other than safety boots... if I were allowed to wear heels in any case... its all a bit dark ages up here as far as that goes..... Still, occasional visits to the more southern parts of the UK let me get out and about.

Either colour with jeans would be awsom especially now that winter is approaching......

oh well... to get back to your original post..

To solve your problem, you COULD have two pairs; one with the plastic for indoors and another with metal tips for travelling to and from work..

As if you needed an excuse to buy <grin> other than the expense that is

My problem is foot size..! I can just manage a euro 45 but 46 is more realistic in most cases I'm afraid... oh to be a size 8 or even 9, especially now that mainstream manufacturers are catering for the bigger footed girls out there.

Back when I started heeling the chances of finding anything bigger than a UK 7 was practically nil.

I may not still be around when we see size 11 being considered a normal size.

At least the on-line stores now seem to include "normal" (non-fetish) styles in sizes I can aspire to...

Its taken long enough for sure. So many years, so little choice <sigh>

pab200

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence

• 2 weeks later...

I've got three pairs of boots from Duo, Cadiz in black leather and black suede, and Dame in black leather. The Dame boots were bought a couple of years ago so they're no longer on the site, but they're black leather knee boots with four inch vane heels and a snubbed pointed toe. I absolutely love both pairs of Cadiz boots, the leather ones were bought the year before last and have a beautiful almost metallic looking blue fabric lining. Last year's suede pair are lined in a rather less impressive matt grey, which is nice and comfortable but isn't anything special. The Genova boots are gorgeous, I quite fancy a pair myself. Duo are great, my calves are just slightly too large for most knee boots but the ones from Evans look like wellies on me! Chris