The Seductive Mule

LailaLily

What do I think? A little too high for wearing out and about - 5+ in. would be better and also looks good. Don't care for the "peep toe" - better to show off pretty toes if you have them.

I've never been a fan of mules, in my mind, they're terribly impractical and not all that attractive or seductive either. And anything with six inch heels borders on ridiculous as I'm much too practical to even wear such things indoors, never mind outside. Still, LailaLily, if you like shoes like those, more power to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I can manage 6" heels but mules that high are a bugger to walk in on the grounds that they twist as you walk so that your heel doesn't always land on the footbed.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

you can either get them in 6" or 5" and patent or leather...so there is quite a variety. I think theyre really nice..I have it and it looks hot when u pair it with a nice wrap dress or a casual/sultry looking dress and ur makeup done....HOTTTTTTTT

you can either get them in 6" or 5" and patent or leather...so there is quite a variety. I think theyre really nice..I have it and it looks hot when u pair it with a nice wrap dress or a casual/sultry looking dress and ur makeup done....HOTTTTTTTT

Absolutly...a dress or skirt is a MUST for those. They would make a long(er) skirt look fantastic. However, the patent would be for a more "dressy" look.

Style is built from the ground up!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ok:-?

fuuny those were the EXACT words i wrote in the post called "would u date a man in heels" i wonder if SOMEONE is still a bit BITTER PERHAPS!!!!

LOL

Not at All!

Just wanted to see if you would notice.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I don't like mules. To me they're only half a shoe and useless.

Well, I can't completely agree about useless - they have been known to provoke some real fireworks :smile::wave: in the bedroom. But I have to admit, they aren't worth much outside of the bedroom.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, I can't completely agree about useless - they have been known to provoke some real fireworks :smile::wave: in the bedroom. But I have to admit, they aren't worth much outside of the bedroom.

OK, I'll go along with that.

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever spotted a shoe on someone and thought it was hot, then when you tried it it didn't look like much? Quite often the attractiveness of a shoe depends on who's wearing it. Case in point: I hate platforms but one day PiB showed up in some platform mules that set me all a-flutter. Had to do a lot of rethinking after that.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE PUMPLOVER...THERE SHOULD BE A THREAD ON THAT..........some people think adding green or pink nailpolish will make their feet "pretty"..NOOOOOOO....theyre suppossed to be naturally pretty in the first place...nailpolish only enhances the beauty...just like makeup...if a person is ugly...makeup doesnt work miracles..it MAINLY enhances beauty that u already have

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE PUMPLOVER...THERE SHOULD BE A THREAD ON THAT..........some people think adding green or pink nailpolish will make their feet "pretty"..NOOOOOOO....theyre suppossed to be naturally pretty in the first place...nailpolish only enhances the beauty...just like makeup...if a person is ugly...makeup doesnt work miracles..it MAINLY enhances beauty that u already have

Well, we just found out the cosmetic industry can't really help those of lesser attractiveness. All that money, spent for nothing, but for the vanity factor. Maybe it's true! I hated that caked look anyway, especially on the big toe.

Oh yeow! Mules?

To me it depends on the people wearing them and those observing their use as to the effect. Of course that could be said of most any footwear. TAHUHUH! If they aren't fitted right the toes extend over the end of toe area and the high heel sticks out like the porch of a building or they look like the foot will either slither or melt off at any given moment.

Personally, wearing them has not been in the priority list. They seem like an expensive excuse for wearing something that give you no real support other than to raise the heel of the foot, as has been mentioned. They can be stylish and attractive, but I prefer a well made stiletto pump with ovally rounded or short pointed toes that has also been properly fitted. They, at least, keep you from slithering off.

• 1 month later...

What do I think? A little too high for wearing out and about - 5+ in. would be better and also looks good. Don't care for the "peep toe" - better to show off pretty toes if you have them.

I thought all mules were peep toe? i dont commonly see a closed toe mule. But again, I like the height and the arch.

I think there is some confusion here, equally applicable to discussion of other types of shoes and sandals. Mules with closed toes do of course exist, with or without high heels. But this thread is dealing with the common open-toed mule, as the first posting shows. I think BobHH is commenting on (and disliking) those mules that have a small front opening that exposes less than most or all the toes - he calls it a 'peep toe' but that is really a very small opening (whether on a shoe, sandal or mule) showing little or nothing more than the big toe. Many mules show most or all of the toes and he prefers that style, as indeed do I.

Perhaps posters should consider the distinction between a true peep toe, a more open toe and a closed toe when describing shoes in general. But it ain't easy to categorise something like a shoe (or sandal!) with a perforated side or top that is neither a fully enclosed toe nor open enough to show anything of the toe tips/nails. I have never seen a fully comprehensive definition of a sandal; suppliers seem content to call something with both an open toe and an open heel either a shoe or a sandal as the fancy takes them. As always, a picture is worth a thousand words!