Just how far can you go in......

Thighboots2

Walk a Mile - what height heels?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Walk a Mile - what height heels?

I totally agree, Dr. Shoe. Brand and construction.

This particular ones have a square and blocky heel. I have another pair of the same manufacturer, same hight -11.5cm (4.5")- but with a very different heel, and they don't produce this effect.

I've found a couple of fotos today in my HDD. The black ones are the ones I struggle with.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2043561086_d76f9c5f24_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2396/2042751197_44e74d570b_m.jpg

Gary, I bought them in a store here, in BA, called Saverio di Ricci . They have very nice shoes and boots. I have 13 different pairs from them. Some of their models are a bit narrow though. I'll take a shot of them in full size, as you can't see the whole shaft on the ones I have, and post it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say I couldn't tick any of the boxes since my ankle problem has got worse. It's only the left ankle - the right one could walk a mile in 4" no problem! I suppose that only counts as 2".

• 2 weeks later...

i've just walked a mile mile wearing some 4" block high heel boots. found it quiet hard and tiring, i admire anyone that spends a whole night and or day in heels as i don't think i could do it!. guess i could put it down to lack of practice walking on concrete, as I spend most of my time walking on carpet. was good fun tho

stilettos are the way forward, just love them

I heel in my house only. (still in the closet) I can stay for some hours on a 12 cm stiletto (Measured at the back of the heel) In case of a "walk a mile"-event I would wear maximum 4 inch stiletto. Greetings Hans.

"To be honest, I have walked around the house all day in 5" heels but out and about 4-4 1/2 no prob. all day and some. I wear 4" heels most of the time, except at work" That sounds like me, all day with 4 to 41/2

To be honest, I have walked around the house all day in 5" heels but out and about 4-4 1/2 no prob. all day and some. I wear 4" heels most of the time, except at work.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I have been going around the whole day in 3.5". At home I have been wearing 5" the whole day, but that is different. I guess I can handle 4" for shopping around for an hour. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When the wife and I go out all day shopping, we take 2 or 3 pair of heels each. It's comforting to change every couple hours or so and fun also because we don't have to stay in the same heels all day. I never take anything with less than a 3 3/4 " heel. Usually 4" all day. Wife starts out with 4" and ends up with 3 most of the time.

real men wear heels

If I had to walk a mile non-stop (like the "Walk a mile in her shoe" events), I would probably say that I could do that comfortably in a 4 inch heel. But, I have spent a day out-and-about in 5 inch heels and I don't know what the total mileage was. This Friday, I have a day off of work. I just bought a pair of 5 inch heels. I will get an odometer and let everyone know how I do.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I put 5" but, on reflection, that may have been a little optimistic! I could probably totter around the mile on them but I don't think I'd be able to walk for a week! I'd give it a go, though! Those 'walk a mile in her shoes' events look brilliant - not only do they support a good cause but they must be the best excuse ever to get out in public in heels in front of lots of people.

tell u what if there was one over here, we'd walk it !!! lol practise makes perfect... do those in 5 or 6" heels have a headstart ? And do those of us blessed with small feet (which means a wkd choice !!), ( cos the angle is greater)... wonder what the greatest distance anyones walked in heels (m or f), like a marathon for example...

• 10 months later...