Height or Style?

johnieheel

Height or style  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Height or style

For me, style includes comfort, which is a deciding factor for me. Other style factors include material, color, and design highlights. Basically, I prefer heels which look like stylish, modern men's shoes, except for the heel.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do prefer a heel of at least 3 inches, it is the style of the shoe or boot that I find most important. I love a pointy toe, especially with a stilleto heel.

For me style comes first...if its not pleasing to the eye the height is of no consequence....I just got to like the overall package, style and height....even some flats can be very aesthetically pleasing to the eye and a joy to wear after a hard days High Heeling:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Height is not very important to me. I definitely prefer style over height. I won't consider many kinds of footwear, e.g. sandals, boots. It has to be what I call a "class A," which is to say a "boat shoe," assuming I'm using the correct terminology. Basically, it has to be pumps or flats, with closed backs and fronts. I am quite happy with flats and tend to wear those more than pumps, mostly since they are a lot easier to walk in. Flats can be "hot" too!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I would vote height. I'm not a member of Mid Heel Place, Low Heel Place, or Style Place (if such websites exist), but rather High Heel Place. All else being equal, I like higher heels over lower heels. If it came down to a 2" heel that looked nice, and a 4" heel that looked crappy, I'd pass on both, and wait to find a high heel shoe that looked acceptable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I would normally say for the style because I just love stiletto heels (no platforms) but after last Friday evening when I ran into a pile of distant friends I hadn't seen for ages - I felt quite short (I was wearing much lower heels than normal, very rare for me). I truly felt part of me was missing - I realise I do prefer the height - it is part of who I am - it changes my perspective, and high-heels affect me in the way they feel on my feet - the higher ones just look better - and I feel better. So it must be primarily the height! rgds Heel-Lover

• 6 months later...

It was originally all about the height in my early days of heeling. I wanted the highest possible, and the style was somewhat secondary to me. But now, I am definitely much more focused on the style, the color, the shape, the material, the way it looks on me, and such in the last couple of years. I do still prefer heels over 4", but not much more than that really. It just isn't practical for longer periods of time to go around in 5"+ heels, and platforms over 1" are not attractive to me, so that limits the height for me as well.

• 6 months later...

There's something unsettling about low heels... Lol, I've tried a few, but I prefer either flats or something at least 3.5".

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

It's style for me. It can be a 4" heel, but if it doesn't visually appeal to me, then I'm out.

I've always loved the look of the pointed toe slingback flat (these are actually the exact ones I have, but in black suede)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60685671/vintage-1980s-pointy-toe-slingback-flats

Then there's a 2.5" strappy slide

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-butterfly-leather-slide/2852670

Of course, the 4" stiletto

http://naperville.bookoo.com/item19373544.html?itemId=19373544

So for me, regardless of heel height, if the shoe looks good to me, and it looks good on the foot, then I'm in.