Height or style  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Height or style

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that style is most important, but that being said, before i bought my first high heels the height was the main important thing, i was really totally focused on that issue :thumbsup:. But since then i am actually very aware that the heels are very stylish, but still simple in design, i'm certainly not into those high heels that look like a stealth fighter with extra accessories... :smile:. I like it simple, beautiful, stylish and sexy :wink1:.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, of late, I've been of the opinion that height doesn't have to walk arm in arm with style. Take these pumps from Payless for example:

Posted Image

The heels on these "Hazel" pumps are only three inches, but the clean, simplistic style of these shoes with their pointed toes I find to be absolutely irresistable. In fact, I have a pair of these shoes myself and I love them.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

This thread is kinda funny... Isn't the height of the heel PART of the style? I mean, if it's a 3" heel, that's part of the shoe's style. If it's a 5" heel, same thing. With that said, I voted for "height." I look for the high(er) heels, always (4" at least). But if the "style" of the 4" heel is lousy, then I won't get it. A high heel doesn't make the shoe good enough. Yeah, it might get my attention, but after that it needs to have staying power. So, uh... height THEN style? Yeah, that's it. :smile:

• 2 months later...

Style and height for me. The style must look right on me, and the heel height must be right also. But most important is, "ARE they comfortable for wearing for long hours in all conditions". Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Of course it's style! If it's just height, why don't you get a sexual transplant and stand by the street and pick up guys drivin by looking for a nice time? The reason to be wearing heels is that you like the heels, ie the style of the heels. Let it be 0" or 6", doesn't matter as long as you like them. For me, I'm just as comfortable to walk in good looking sneakers as a pair of boots with 4" heels, as long as they look good. I'm looking for a good complete outfit, including the footwear, nevermind what heel height...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I think the poll is vague enough that an accurate answer is difficult. For starters, I think a lot depends on where you are wearing your shoes. If indoors (private), or discreet public heeling, my guess is those people probably tend to go with higher heels. For those much more public (JeffB comes to mind), who aren't just going out in heels, but an entire coordinated wardrobe, then style could likely be more important. I think an alternate way to phrase the questions might be, "Based on your preferred heel height, would you buy a shoe with a 1" - 1 1/2" lower heel just because it really looked good?" For me, the answer would probably be no - I'm not sure I could see myself buying a shoe with a 2" heel, no matter how good it looked.

Height first, style second. I won't buy a high-heeled shoe less then 5", stelleto only(no plats please) close toed, not pointed, simple. I wear 5" when out and about 6" around the house. I too have a narrow foot with a very high arch, it is more comfortable high-heeled then lower.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

As I mentioned in another thread, height alone isn't cutting it for me these days. I've got to have the style to go with it. If it were simply height, I'd go have higher heels put on a pair of men's shoes, but that is definitely not what I'm looking for. And unfortunately, as of late, I find myself really attracted to the most feminine styles!

Style is very important to me and there's certain styles of heels that catch my attention. But I'd definitely prefer them to be at least 4" heels, and if I had to, I'd pay a little more just so they were at least that height.

Is height important to you or style?

To me , height never really mattered. I can walk in 5" heels with no problem. I prefer 4" for all day but as long as it's 3" or up, it doesn't matter if the style suits me. Also rather it be a stiletto, block, or stacked heel does not matter also. It's the look of the shoe for me. I do have a few 5 3/4" and up that I wear in house for fun.

I chose height but it’s usually a meshing of both height and style.

Well, IMHO, height and style are not mutually exclusive. I love the height, but if it's an ugly shoe, height doesn't matter since I wouldn't wear it. Also, it could be a beautiful shoe, but if there's no height to the heel, then it's probably a no-go on that as well. I think that for me, they both need to be there, but since I had to choose one, I chose height.

It's the style for me. I have several 3" penny loafer style that I really like and I have some 4" stilettos that have a nice style.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

For some heels the height is the style, because that is all you see. With this choice, it would depend how it effects my fancy at that moment. I have a pair of heels that must have had the capital letter "L" as the basic design. There is no arch curving support and my toes have only one position, straight out at close to a 90 degree angle. I also like to wear some of the Mary Jane styling that is common for young girls. The height becomes somewhat void below 3/4 of an inch, but they are usually higher than ballet flats. For about the last decade, many of the Mary Janes had soles so thick it made them look clumpish and heavy and the toebox had more of the styling of a bubbled match box or balloon rather than the almond shape that was enjoyed in earlier decades.

• 5 months later...