johnieheel

Height or style  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Height or style

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think style is the most important, but keeping in mind that the style of a pair of shoes depends its height. In public, I wear flatties to 4" heels, but I always choose the style of the shoe to match my outfit. That sometimes -maybe often in fact- leads me to change my whole outfit in order to match the shoes I want to wear for their height.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it is style the shoes have to match up to what I am wearing and since all of my clothes are men's wear so the shoes have to be in that style, now that being said heel height has to be at lest 3.5" to 4.5 " and some day I do want a pair of 5 - 5.5" heels for fun.

I would say style first, heel height second. I am particular about the style of the high heels, but I only wear high heels with a 3 inch heel or higher. I prefer 4 and 5 inch heels that match the outfits that I wear. And I coordinate them with the suits that I wear.;)

I voted style: it's more important to me when I go out because I prefer not to wear too feminine a style of heel. When I'm in the privacy of my own home, however, I like to practise walking in the highest heels I have, which aren't very high yet but will be higher once I've hit the shops with my friends. My answer might change after that!

For me is style ;) i'm tall enought too think about height of em, but easly going on 4-5inch heels :cool1: i love the height, but mostly important is style :wave:

every human has they own choices...

• 4 weeks later...

I voted style: it's more important to me when I go out because I prefer not to wear too feminine a style of heel.

When I'm in the privacy of my own home, however, I like to practise walking in the highest heels I have, which aren't very high yet but will be higher once I've hit the shops with my friends. My answer might change after that!

Same here. I like to practice in higher heels at home and wear not so fem heels in public.

real men wear heels

Last pair of 5" D-orsey white I got have been quite enjoyable and are really easy to walk in. Now I am moving up to my 5 1/4" heels from Pierre salbre. Have not gone public in stilettos yet.

real men wear heels

Both. I'm always looking for the highest heels in certain styles, like strappy sandals or d'orsays. Very stylish shoes without heels or common style shoes with high heels don't catch my eyes.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Last pair of 5" D-orsey white I got have been quite enjoyable and are really easy to walk in. Now I am moving up to my 5 1/4" heels from Pierre salbre.

Have not gone public in stilettos yet.

I guess I dare to be daring. I always wear stilettos in public. I probably haven't heeled as many places as you have. But I'm getting more daring every day.:roll:

I guess I dare to be daring. I always wear stilettos in public. I probably haven't heeled as many places as you have. But I'm getting more daring every day.:roll:

Keep on heeling brother!

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it is about the height. I love stilletos, the taller the better. No platforms though. I like the height to be in the heel. I'm wearing a pair of 5 inch red pumps as I type this.

I agree. I always wear at least 4" and most of the time 5" high heels when I go out in public, or even at home. My high arch and narrow foot feel more comfortable in a higher heel.

I agree. I always wear at least 4" and most of the time 5" high heels when I go out in public, or even at home. My high arch and narrow foot feel more comfortable in a higher heel.

Well I have big (13) flat feet but I'm not going for comfort here. I'm after shoes that I think look hot. I just love the look of a high stiletto heel. Also, unlike a lot of people, I think closed pumps are sexier than strappy high heel sandals.

Well I have big (13) flat feet but I'm not going for comfort here. I'm after shoes that I think look hot. I just love the look of a high stiletto heel. Also, unlike a lot of people, I think closed pumps are sexier than strappy high heel sandals.

rguyff...

I agree with you again. Whatever our personal reasons, it sounds like we're on the same page concerning our choice in high heels.

While I've already voted here and explained my reason, I want to reiterate the importance of style over height. Just yesterday, I bought a cute pair of plain black pumps from Payless with short, thin heels (3 inches), and damned if those shoes don't look downright sexy, what with the pointed toes and overall profile. Also, these shoes are quite comfortable, and that means a lot to me. In my opinion, a relatively low heel can exude its own brand of sex appeal if they style of the shoe is just right.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!