Height or Style?

johnieheel

Height or style  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Height or style

Is height important to you or style? To me , height never really mattered. I can walk in 5" heels with no problem. I prefer 4" for all day but as long as it's 3" or up, it doesn't matter if the style suits me. Also rather it be a stiletto, block, or stacked heel does not matter also. It's the look of the shoe for me. I do have a few 5 3/4" and up that I wear in house for fun.

real men wear heels

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Style and height for me. I like the stiletto heeled pump, semi rounded nose. I can manage heels up to 10 cm (measured at the front of the heel) for a short time; 7,5 to 8 cm would be ideal to live in/on. Greetings Hans.

Definitely style has to take the lead here. If the look repells your senses, it doesn't matter how high the heels, flat or to the sky. One of the examples is what a lot of the designer do with the placement of the heels on their shoes in today's market. I can't stand high heels, or any heel for that matter, that looks like the purpose for being on or with the shoe is to support the heel counter. The heel is so far to the rear of the shoe, my perceived illusion is that the heel is slipping out from under the foot and isn't really supporting the wearer's heel, arch, or instep of the foot. This type of pump construction drives me up a wall. Blade and stiletto heels are commonly used in this effect. Although I have seen chunky heels so far back, there is about a quarter inch of heel sticking out the rear of the shoe before the shoe construction actually begins. It is a deplorable sight and somebody must have wanted quantity instead of quality and didn't take the time and adjustment needed to attach the heel correctly.

For me it is the style first. This must include the shape/cut of the shoe, the colour and fabric the shoe is made of. The height is secondary but I am finding I prefer flatties or heels in the 5-6inch height. Nothing in-between other that really short kitten heels (as in basically flat). I always opt for a stiletto heel because I have personally found these to be the most comfortable over time. I won't buy any other heel style than a stiletto shape. Heel-Lover

Height, definitely. They can look sexy as hell, style-wise, but if they're on anything less than a 4" stiletto, no, thanks.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I'm all for style as well. For me, there's nothing more stylish than a simple, unadorned pump with fashionably high heel, say three to four inches and a moderately pointed toe, like in my avatar pic. Nothing makes my heart race more than that!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Style, duh. Who cares if it has a high heel or not. Although shoes with higher heels tend to be more stylish (on my scale). But beyond 4" the returns are diminishing to turn around over 4 1/2. I often prefer 3" over 5". Even if I don't have to wear them.

What's all the fuss about?

Height, definitely. Unless the shoe just looks wack, I generally like anything with a super high heel. Because I wear a large/wide size, I am limited to what I can wear. I would get a pair of 6" stilettos if I could find a pair I fit. I enjoy the feeling from wearing shoes that impose their will on me. That, and the feeling of confinement from having to take short, careful steps. Wonderful!

First hight, 3.5" to 4.5" and then stile. However I been known to buy flats and 3" heels.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

It's all about style! Tonight I wore a pair of Steve Madden pattent leather Mary Janes, with only a 2 1/2 inch heel and round toe. Because I was wearing jeans, the toe style got more attention than the heel ever would have. In fact, the styles I choose seldom have a heel over 4 inches.

Style is built from the ground up!

I voted for style because it's important to me to be able to wear my shoes out in public. Yes, I can manage to walk in 6 inch stillettoes now that I've been practicing for a year, and I do enjoy wearing them around the house, but I would never venture out in public in anything over a 5 inch heel and it would have to be a boot with a heel that was over 3/4 inches thick at the bottom so as not to look too feminine.

Mmmmm... I would love to say height but two things force me to say style: There are occasions in public where height would be inapropiate. So lower heels and a style to suit the occasian. Unfortunately being > 100kg (I'm dieting OK!!) I would destroy a stilletoe heels in 2 hours and metal heels are too dangerous on marble tiles in shopping malls

So what's all the fuss about?

• 3 months later...

Height for me, most shoes with a 5" plus heel look superb and are never ungainly unless there is a huge platform. I prefer shoes with a 6" heel for daily wear and 7" to ballet boots for fun. Pointed or rounded toe matters not, its the heel height and preferably stilletoe.

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

For me I would say that I'm all about height and style second. Can't knock the people that are into 3 inch heels but in my opinion those are considered cowboy boots to me.(not sure if I'm rambling lol!!!!) I just would love to see mouths drop while watching me in my platforms!!! Take care

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!