Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

It has been about 1 1/2 years now that I switched to women's jeans. I now favor Levi's 518 11L, 524 11L, and 515 10-12L. All are low rise: 515 (low), 518 (lower), 524 (lowest). They all fit me far better than any men's jeans I have ever owned, especially the 518 because they are a junior cut and are slimmer in the hips, they really fit like a glove. I wish I had known years ago what I was missing. Men's jeans are just horrible, especially lately with a huge number of baggy/saggy cuts. I want jeans to fit somewhat snug, but not really that tight, or how men's jeans often cut into my stomach if I try to get jeans that fit decently. Women's jeans just fit great all over and feel very comfortable and natural, even the ones I have that might look a little more snug, they don't feel that way at all.

i wish i had known years ago what i was missing. Men's jeans are just horrible, especially lately with a huge number of baggy/saggy cuts.

Women's jeans just fit great all over and feel very comfortable and natural, even the ones i have that might look a little more snug, they don't feel that way at all.

agreed!!!

It's all about the heel!

I have to agree about the fit of women's jeans. The most difficult part to fit is the inseam. I wear a 36". Not easy to find without paying a fortune for them. One company I've found is LEL. (Long Elegant Legs.) They're jeans retail at $69.00. That 's not too bad.

I have been wearing nothing but girls jeans for over 7 years now and I wear them to work (Womens Carharts Bootcut 10-36) and I have countless pairs of BKE 30x37.5, Lucky 10/30 xxl, Vigoss 30 xxl(39 inch inseam!!), Levis 518 30x38, and several pair of Truck 10x37 and 10x36 as well as Rock and Republic 10x37. Alloy Jeans has some great sales too, as well as Buckle. My latest pair of Cowboy boots that i had custom made have a 4 inch heel, and I got to wear my new Vigoss 30x39 jeans, and the hem cam just to the bottom of the heel while standing still. You could still see the heel when walking, but doesn't look to different than a regular cowboy boot until you look closer. Tightlevisandhhboots

What inseam do you usually wear in men's pants? I've gotten men's bootcut jeans about 2" longer than my regular length (36") which, combined with the fact that I think they are a lower rise, give me decent coverage with my heels. [Also, the fact that 39" isn't that common helps to make these 38" length jeans acceptable.]

been wearing womens jeans for a while now but i cant find a pair that doesn't strangle me in the crotch area is there any that you know of that can give men the style and cut of womens jeans but doesn't strangle me?

Absolutely, there called "Mens jeans" for a jolly good reason... :cry1:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Blender, I own nothing but "Womens" jeans. I put that in quotes because what is in any clothing that makes it specifically womens or mens? It is all about cut and style. "Tech" makes a statement that many sometimes make, but as with many mens or womens styles and cuts, it takes trying them and see what fits. I really have to recommend to keep trying different pairs. I love how they hug my butt, and accentuate my long legs. I am not trying to spin anyone up, but I thought that this site was about just things like this... "Fashion Freedom", to be a MAN and be free enough to wear whatever we want to wear, and not be labled anything other than a MAN. But I am afraid that is a long way away with current public opinion. Don't give up on finding a great pair of jeans!! TLAHHB

If they are a true girls cut, they are "left hand drive" :cry1:

Not necessarily. I've bought a few pairs from Lane Bryant that are "girls cut" and they're right-hand drive.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

As an update, I have been wearing girls/juniors/womens jeans since my teens, way over 35 years. I prefer bootcut and flare leg jeans, but do wear straight leg jeans to work, and I also have several pairs of skinny and ultra skinny jeans. As for the stitching on the back pockets, I like it. Many styles of mens jeans have stitching on the back pockets now. I have over 100 pairs of jeans and none of them are mens styles. Many of them have stitching on the back pockets, but many do not have any stitching on the back pockets at all. I also have many pairs of jeans in wild colors, like pink, purple, yellow and red. Most of my jeans are various shades of blue tho.

High heels forever, ward

Here's my latest addition! When I bought the Limited 917 skinny jeans a few weeks back, I got a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase. So, today I went back to spend my coupon. The real item I was after was a gray turtleneck sweater dress, which was $30. For the extra $20 I bought a pair of 312 boot cut jeans and a pair of ankle length trousers. I tried a pair of 917 flare jeans, but they were a bit too "low rise" if you know what I mean. They do have some detail on the pockets, but I love how they fit. In the attached picture, I have paired the 312 jeans with my Nine West red patent pumps.

post-5655-133522900447_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Guess what? I bought two more pair of jeans! These will likely be the last two for a while, unless of course I come across something pretty amazing at a pretty amazing price. These two pair I bought at Ann Taylor Loft. They are having a pretty huge sale right now. Both pair are their "Slim Fit" jeans. One pair, the black were $20 with another 25% off and the other, in gray were $15 with $25 off. So for less than $30, I got two great pair of jeans. One of the challenges to building a wardrobe of women's jeans is that they come in so many different styles. I have a plethora of bootcut jeans, a few pair of flares and a couple pair of straight legs. However I am now up to five pair of the slim fit or "skinny" jeans, and adding a gray and black pair to my dark rinse and white really gives me some nice wardrobe options.

post-5655-133522900892_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522900897_thumb.jpg

Guess what? I bought two more pair of jeans! These will likely be the last two for a while, unless of course I come across something pretty amazing at a pretty amazing price. These two pair I bought at Ann Taylor Loft. They are having a pretty huge sale right now. Both pair are their "Slim Fit" jeans. One pair, the black were $20 with another 25% off and the other, in gray were $15 with $25 off. So for less than $30, I got two great pair of jeans.

One of the challenges to building a wardrobe of women's jeans is that they come in so many different styles. I have a plethora of bootcut jeans, a few pair of flares and a couple pair of straight legs. However I am now up to five pair of the slim fit or "skinny" jeans, and adding a gray and black pair to my dark rinse and white really gives me some nice wardrobe options.

Very nice pants Happy. They look really good on you. I am more interested in the wine colored heels though. Please tell us more about them. Brand, height etc.

The shoes are Nine West "Gaffer" in red patent. They are from about three seasons ago. I have a pair in brown as well. They are great shoes, but this style does tend to run a bit small. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't available on e-Bay actually, so check from time to time. Glad you like them!

Here's my latest addition! When I bought the Limited 917 skinny jeans a few weeks back, I got a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase. So, today I went back to spend my coupon. The real item I was after was a gray turtleneck sweater dress, which was $30. For the extra $20 I bought a pair of 312 boot cut jeans and a pair of ankle length trousers. I tried a pair of 917 flare jeans, but they were a bit too "low rise" if you know what I mean. They do have some detail on the pockets, but I love how they fit.

In the attached picture, I have paired the 312 jeans with my Nine West red patent pumps.

Those jeans are hot and those pumps! OMG - As always, nice choice HappyFeat!!

HappyFeat, the black jeans and the red shoes; excellent look!!

I also agree very much about the "girl's" jeans, the fit is much better. I just shortened 4 pairs that I hadn't done yet. So I have about 12 pairs of "girl's" pants and probably 8 pairs of leggings and six pairs of shorts.

It's all about the heel!

• 2 months later...

Now that summer is here, we should not forget gals shorts and an addition to our wardrobes. All the great things that have been said about gals jeans fitting better than guys jeans also go for shorts. You don’t have to go for short shorts, although there fun, but a mid thigh length (6” inseam) are very nice. For the thrift store shoppers, most stores are overflowing with shorts at this time of year. Also, don’t forget boots and shorts make a great combination (even thigh boots and shorts).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Greetings Thighbootguy :-)

I totally agree with you about the gals shorts: They look much better than men's shorts.

I do have a pair of women's short in dark blue (with 6” inseam) and I like them very much.

But I don't agree with the "summer is here" part... (I wish !)

Temperature here is still around 60°F... Still too cold to wear shorts.

A few more weeks to wait...:smile:

All the great things that have been said about gals jeans fitting better than guys jeans also go for shorts. You don’t have to go for short shorts....

Pooh, pooh Thighbootguy!!!

Short shorts are a must for summer; thank you very much!!

It's all about the heel!

I've got a pair of ladies adidas gym shorts for wearing after the gym/ballet, look great with a pair of tights. Shorts are a must (albeit getting dressed into tights & heels etc in an open plan gents changing room does get a few funny looks!)