Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

...Women's jeans don't fit me as I'm not a large-hipped, narrow-waisted woman.

kikepa :-)

Don't worry, you are like us with no hips and a straigh waist.

There are many type of women's jeans, you just need to find the one

that fits you best. With hips or without hips. Narrow waist or straight waist.

Most men here which are wearing women's jeans don't have large hips

and a narrow waist. Did you also take a look at the junior department ?

I got two pairs in junior size and they fit me like a glove (Size 13)

(FYI, Junior sizes are 11-13-15-17 / Women's sizes are 10-12-14-16)

Junior sizes got no hips at all and have a straight waist.

Don't hesitate to ask the salesperson and try them in the store before buying.

So keep looking !

Don't worry, you are like us with no hips and a straight waist. Did you also take a look at the junior department ?

Exactly! Junior wear is cut slimmer; I normally wear "men's" 32 inch waist pants but can almost always wear size 6 or 7 juniors. Try it!

It's all about the heel!

I love women's jeans for two reasons:' 1. They fit my measurements without costing a huge fortune 2. The material feels so much better for some reason (not as stiff) - maybe due to the make of them? Oh...and when *I* buy them, they are no longer "women's jeans" - they are MINE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

i wear only womens jeans and i buy most of mine in the missy section at walmart and i wear a thong under them everyday no matter where im going. i have gotten some weird looks but i dont give a hoot anymore. there are some girls at my church who look at me like im a wierdo cause i wear them with my high heel wedge boots or my rosa lug boots .

I tell you....it's Venezia jeans for me all the way! Lane Bryant got me hooked on them, and I just got my pair of wide-leg jeans today from their "Right fit" collection. For me, the yellow is good and all, but the red is perfect! They are just the right length to wear with my heels, and they look darn good IMHO!

I agree totally! I have eight pair of right fit jeans in the yellow sizes, in both tall and regular length. The tall are the perfect length to cover even my highest heels and give the illusion of lengthening my legs. I have four "traditional" jeans in boot cut and flair, but the ones I really love are the trouser style jeans:

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/5473d1233206904-happy_feats_happyfeat-090123_outfit_.jpg.

These are the light rinse and I also have them in the dark rinse. I have a few other Venezia jeans from Lane Bryant in a size 14 or 16 and they are quite nice as well, but they don't fit as perfectly. However, you can often get the regurally sized jeans on clearance or at outlets.

I have normally had decent service at most Lane Bryant stores, but it can be hit or miss. They usually even let guys use the dressing rooms. Has this been your experience SQ?

Style is built from the ground up!

When I go out shopping I always have trouble finding a pair of jeans that fit. My hips are too wide and my waist is too small to fit in the regular sizes so I am forced to wear a belt each and every time I wear pants or else they will slide down to my hips. Yesterday I decided to try on a pair of women's jeans and was surpised to see they fit me much better. I didn't buy them, because I am a bit afraid of other peoples opinions when they see me wearing them, Maybe I can find a pair that is more low key.

I have recently bought a few pairs of ladies jeans from Matalan in slim leg and bootcut style. They fit and feel much better than my other jeand as they have a little stretch to them. They haven't received any strange looks as they hardly look different to mens jeans, even the bootcut ones. I like them so much that I only wear my other jeans for work or gardening.

..I didn't buy them, because I am a bit afraid of other peoples opinions when they see me wearing them, Maybe I can find a pair that is more low key.

Based on my previous shopping for a pair, if you looking for low-key, the biggest thing to look for is stitching on the rear pockets. Women's jeans may have more fancier patterns not typical of men's jeans (with multicolor stitching almost a dead giveaway that it's for women).

Hey Folks, I have several pairs of "Juniors" jeans that I enjoy wearing as they have a bit of a "Dressier" look as well as well as a more formflattering look to the ladies.I have Jordache, LEI and GLO to name a few and I wear theese with my Danskos or I have a couple of pairs of "Steve Madden" Girls loafers that I wear them with and I've had nothing but compliments. Take it for what it's worth from there!!! Regards, Nick!!!!

i only wear girls jeans everyday no matter what im doing even if its work outside in the yard. i have gotten some weird looks and been talked about at my church but i love the way they feel so dont really care what they say or look. they way i say they just are jealous i look better that they do

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I for one have worn women's jeans for many years, as I accidentially tried one on and liked the stretchy material we didn't have for men's jeans those days. I guess it was in the early 1980ies. I also liked the choice of colors and not the least the fact that they were cheaper then men's jeans. I experimented with styles quite a bit but I went into a jeans store where the owner was very friendly and gave the necessary explanations. Btw that was in Germany at around 1982/83. Ever since I own and wear such jeans, sometimes also in the office, combined with ankle boots with stacked heels of 21/2 inches heigth. If it was ever noticed it was only by women, and infact I always got compliments and never any strange looks or words. My biggest "achievement" was when, and that was the only time ever, a male colleague discovered my boots he went the other day and bought some of those for himself. His comment was that he found they looked cool.

My biggest "achievement" was when, and that was the only time ever, a male colleague discovered my boots he went the other day and bought some of those for himself. His comment was that he found they looked cool.

That IS quite the achievement! Well done!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I wore a pair of women's skinny jeans to my band rehearsal the other day. The guys, of course asked about them. I admitted they were women's jeans and expected to take some ribbing. But they were okay with it. Last night I wore another pair of bootcut jeans and they referred to them as my "bitch" jeans. All in good fun.

It almost seems that there isn't much of a difference between guys and girls jeans. I myself buy clothing/shoes mainly based on comfort and fit and in alot of cases, juniors jeans/pants actualy fit me better and are way more comfortable!!! Regards, Nick

Many of you have mentioned Venezia jeans, I will have to try out a pair I guess to see if I am missing out on something. ;-) I've been wearing women's Levi's brand for a long time and I'm really happy with the way they fit and feel. Especially, the junior low-rise bootcut styles since they are narrower cut on the hips and for whatever reason I just can't find men's jeans that fit this well. Well, lately, most men's jeans are made ridiculously baggy on purpose because that is a trendy style I guess, but I can't stand that look.

• 4 weeks later...

Actualy this comes at a point like men wearing womens tennis shoes. Thier own bone, muscle and fat build. some men have small enough feet that the only way to get adult shoes small enough is to get womens if they don't want to pay extra for a special order. Same goes with the pants, if the guy has hips and/or a butt they can not get mens to fit with out going to a size where putting on a belt creates a 4" or larger fold in the back. Now with tops most men wear overly bagging clothing any way..unless they want it more tighter and their chest matchs their legs they wear smaller then what is on the self/rack for mens.

MEME9- Fantastic look! I have 9 pairs of women's jeans and i love to wear them with stilleto pumps. My fav pair are Seven for all Mankind low rise bootcuts that I wear in public frequently, but I have a pair of white GUESS? lillian capris that i wear with 5 inch platform stilletos(unfortunately not in public) that I plan on using as my avatar once i can get a photo shoot of me wearing them. Can't wait to post the pic of me in that combo!

...but I have a pair of white GUESS? lillian capris that i wear with 5 inch platform stilletos(unfortunately not in public)...

Greatings Lance :-)

That capri and 5 inch platform must look very nice and I agree with you when you say "unfortunately not

in public". Maybe one day (not in our life time) this will be accepted as "normal" wear. Men's clothing is boring...Jeans, pants, shirt, t-shirt. Always the same style...Not as much choice as the "other side".

But this is slowly changing since we are now wearing women's jean's with heels :winkiss:

Happy heeling !

I wear girl jeans most of the time when I am not working. I cannot wear them to work because of uniform requirements. But I too love the fit and feel of low rise womens jeans. I am looking to buy a pair of the skinny jeans to go with my navy patent stilleto pumps I bought last night. I think they would look awesome together. The heel is 5" So for my input wear them and stop worrying about it. Confidence is the best concealer.:winkiss:

I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of men's jeans. I wear women's jeans all the time now (work, play etc) and I don't think I have anymore men's left in my wardrobe.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Yeah, women's jeans are the best ... low rise, bootcut or flair legs. But one thing you need is the shaper panties with the silicone butt pads to make up the the extra room in the seat. Then you will really feel and look sexy. My favorite and "normal" outfit is womaen's jeans, tunic top, and high heel boots (in winter) or women's sandals (of all heel heights) in summer.

...But one thing you need is the shaper panties with the silicone butt pads to make up the the extra room in the seat...

Greatings tetonheeler :-)

The shaper panties is a good idea unless you shop for your women's jeans in the "junior" department.

In this case, you won't need them. The junior's jeans got no hips and fits better in the back.

I got many pairs in junior sizes and they fit me like a glove (I wear size 11 or 13 depending brands)

FYI, Junior sizes are odd numbered (11-13-15-17) and women's sizes are even numbered (10-12-14-16)