Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

I've got yellow 4T pants, and they were a bit too big. I guess I'll get a 3T instead. Tall has an inseam of 34", at least with these pants, and I wish they would be longer. BananaRepublic has 36" inseams in their tall department (online only), but they don't have sizes bigger than 16. What I saw though is that you can have the hem make longer by a dry cleaner/tailor, and that should buy at least 1 more inch. In addition I am also debating if I should get the flare jeans.

I recomend that you try the trousers. I have them in tall and they are even too lon for 4 1/2 inch heels. Since I have fairly long legs myself, I have found that long women's jeans are way better than simply a longer inseam in men's jeans.

i will have to go try lane bryants and see how their jeans fit me , im 6' and 240lbs so im in a 16w or 18w in misses jeans and they fit awesome. i found some misses low rise jeans and i love them but just dont feel real comfortable wearing them driving a big truck all day .im hooked on womens jeans now and will put all my mens jeans in the bottom of the closet or give to away.

I highly recommend them mackman! The are quite comfortable and I think would be great for driving.

Currently I own 5 pair of Lane Bryant "Right Fit" jeans. They come in a light wash and a dark wash in most stores and I think you can get them in black online as well. Their styles are straight (I do not currently have these), boot cut (I have one in regular length and one in tall), flair (again, one in regular and one in tall), and the trousers (i only have tall...and they are quite long!).

Just for the sake of information for those of you who are interested, I have posted pictures of the jeans I have (the tall are perfect for me wearing even my highest heels) as well as a picture of the pocket embroidery (which I think is fairly unisex.)

Again, I remind everybody that it is best to get measured in the store, not use the sizing chart online.

post-5655-133522868577_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868579_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352286859_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522868602_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

HappyFeat, very informative post. For your pictures in flare cut and boot cut, what length are they? I'm looking for what would hide a 4"+ heel as much as possible, without having so much material on the jeans that it actually draws attention towards my shoes. I would think that a boot cut in tall would be best, but since you've already bought most of the combinations (cut & length), I thought you could provide some further insight. Also, perhaps an obvious question ('cause I'm too lazy to read the entire thread again!) - I assume that it's unlikely I'd find any men's jeans (Levi's, Wranglers, Gap) which would satisfy my requirements? I've seen some boot cuts listed at Gap, Old Navy, but in my waist size, they only show as being 2" longer than my regular length. I'd have some doubts that would conceal a 4" heel.

HappyFeat, very informative post. For your pictures in flare cut and boot cut, what length are they? I'm looking for what would hide a 4"+ heel as much as possible, without having so much material on the jeans that it actually draws attention towards my shoes.

I believe they are 35" in length in the tall. In guys jeans I wear a 32" inseam and these are more than enough to cover even my highest heels. hen I wear a low heel, they are just too long.

Hmm, I'm not sure that will be enough for me. Based on the LB website, I look to take a Right Fit size 3, which I'd try to get as a 3T to maximize length. I'm a 34 length normally, so I'm assuming I'd want to look for a 38 length. Am I unlikely to find something like this, or do I have some incorrect values in my male to female size conversions?

I started to buy girl jeans some years ago, when pointy shoes were the must have. The more pointy the boots were, the worse they looked with male jeans. So I came up to my first pair of girls jeans. Since then fashion changed and so did my wardrobe. Today rounded toes and skinny jeans - and now I mix them with slim fit shirts and/or girl knitwear.

Hmm, I'm not sure that will be enough for me. Based on the LB website, I look to take a Right Fit size 3, which I'd try to get as a 3T to maximize length. I'm a 34 length normally, so I'm assuming I'd want to look for a 38 length. Am I unlikely to find something like this, or do I have some incorrect values in my male to female size conversions?

M suggestion is either visit a store and try them on (LB stores do tend to get a lot of guys buying clothes. The manager of the local store says it is abut 15% of their business company wide) or call a store and ask for the length. Don't forget that each of the styles sit at different places on the waist - the flare jeans for example sit below the waist while the trousers have a high waist - so inseam measurements are only part of the story.

I started to buy girl jeans some years ago, when pointy shoes were the must have. The more pointy the boots were, the worse they looked with male jeans. So I came up to my first pair of girls jeans.

Since then fashion changed and so did my wardrobe. Today rounded toes and skinny jeans - and now I mix them with slim fit shirts and/or girl knitwear.

This is absolutely true for me as well. Even though I have some very funky cut boy jeans, there is nothing better than wearing heels with pants that were cut for wearing heels.

All of this talk about length and cut has given me special appreciation for the well dressed woman. With today's shoe styles seeming to be either cute flats or fairly high heels, it makes it almost makes it a necessity to have the same pair of pants with two different hem lengths. Not to mention the style, cuts, etc. Not only is it expensive, but the closet space evaporates in short order.

...I assume that it's unlikely I'd find any men's jeans (Levi's, Wranglers, Gap) which would satisfy my requirements? I've seen some boot cuts listed at Gap, Old Navy, but in my waist size, they only show as being 2" longer than my regular length. I'd have some doubts that would conceal a 4" heel.

I stopped an Old Navy today, and bought 2 of their 36L jeans. At first glance after trying them on quickly, they seem to hide pretty much all my heel. [being a bit anal, I'm going to videotape from ground level me standing and walking in them, to see how others would see them.]

I bought two pair: the first was a boot cut, which was what I want to end up with. However the ones O/N had were sort a faded black, and I really want a solid black (to better blend in with the black suede of a pair of 4" ankle boots want to wear them with). However I think they did a great job of hiding almost all the boot. Less than half shows up front.

The other pair was a straight cut, which I mainly bought just because it was dark black denim, and I wanted to see how it would work out. Perhaps not surprising, if I could get the color of these, and the cut of the first pair, I'd have a great pair. Forgetting the extra long long (the main reason for getting them), they actually fit pretty well too.

I might keep looking for some men's black boot cut jeans before going the Lane Bryant route. I'm not sure their boot cut would be any wider, and I don't think I want to go the flair cut route. They do sell them in black, that is one advantage.

An update to my previous post. [First, if it wasn't clear, the pants I bought at Old Navy were men's pants, not woman's.]

I looked at sears.com, and saw that they had some Levi's 517 bootcut jeans in black, in the size (W & L) I wanted, so I headed over to my local store. They had no black, and the closest to what I wanted was blue denim, in a shorter length. I went and tried them on.

Compared to the Old Navy pants, they were horrible. They were much heavier and stiffer, even though the O/N ones didn't specifically say "relaxed." They were tighter around the waist and hips; the boot cut wasn't as wide as the O/N ones, and I doubted that even the longer length I wanted would have provide the coverage I was looking for. If I didn't buy the O/N ones myself, they fit SO well, were so comfortable, I would have believed they were woman's jeans.

I then decided to go to Lane Bryant. I was thinking I'd at least buy a 2T and 3T in their boot cut stretch denim (HappyFeat's excellent description sold me on them), but unfortunately I ran into two issues with them.

First, they are only available in Black in R/F Red, and from the sizing I look to be a Yellow. In that, the best they had wasDark Rinse Denim, which didn't seem that much different from the faded black pair I bought at O/N.

The big issue though was the rear pocket. They have a big 'V' sewn on the back in multiple thread colors. Although HappyFeat's post had an excellent picture of it, somehow I complete missed it.

Unfortunately, at this time, that's a dealbreaker for me. The reason I'm looking to get a new pair of (longer) jeans was to help conceal the obvious feminine article of clothing underneath, my heels. Having another item that I'd be concerned about (now at almost waist level) isn't the direction I want to go in. I do realize that the pockets cold also be concealed, say a long sweatshirt that hangs down to basically by a**, but I think that just complicates it. I'll be nervous enough about my heels showing that I don't want to also have to worry about a 2nd piece of clothing.

... to be continued...

well, I have been wearing "girl jeans" for the last 35 years, and I prefer them as they fit much better then mens jeans. most of my jeans are boot cut or flare leg jeans, but do have many pair of straight leg jeans that I wear to work. I am tall, 6'4" in bare feet, so I tend to wear "tall" styles of jeans. My boot cut and flare leg jeans are better to wear with higher heels or boots though.

High heels forever, ward

I wanted to continue my post, since I can sort of wrap it up.

As previously mentioned, I videotaped myself in both pair of jeans from Old Navy, and in two different pairs of ankle boots I plan to wear with them. That provided a somewhat objective view of what they'll look like while I wear them.

I also retried both on tonight. It was really no contest - the boot cut won out. They just have a phenominal fit! At least from my view (looking down at them), I don't think I've ever seen my legs look that good (and they aren't even tight). They aren't the jet-black of the other pair, but the boot cut does cover a bit more of my boots, and overall I think they just look better.

My opinion, the better fit I think makes them look more stylish, which I think actually complement the heels (despite the "long jeans with heels" isn't supposedly in fashion anymore). I actually want to go back to Old Navy and buy a pair of them in my correct length, so I can wear when I'm dressed normally in public (though I'm sure every second, I'll be wishing I could wear the longer pair with my heels instead!).

That's about it. While I'm certainly not opposed to men wearing woman's pants, if you're simply looking for a pair to help you publicly heel discreetly, you might be able to find men's jeans that will satisfy you. Although I didn't buy any woman's jeans, this thread definitely provided the motivation that will have me heeling in public, something I never thought I'd do. Thanks!

Last Sunday, getting ready to go visit some friends, I took off my fairly tight fitting straight leg women´s jeans that i had been wearing around the home and put on a pair of men´s jeans instead. My wife took one look and told me to change back again. She said the women´s jeans look much sexier on me. I was happy to do as i was told. :winkiss:

Last Sunday, getting ready to go visit some friends, I took off my fairly tight fitting straight leg women´s jeans that i had been wearing around the home and put on a pair of men´s jeans instead. My wife took one look and told me to change back again. She said the women´s jeans look much sexier on me. I was happy to do as i was told. :nervous:

Nice :sad: Yes, men's jeans pretty much suck :winkiss: ... especially the designs in the last 5 years. It was getting harder each time I went to the store to get proper fitting mens jeans, with the "relaxed" this, "loose fitting" that, and generally baggy carpenter pants hanging everywhere ... screw that. Women's jeans are the ONLY jeans for me from now on.

I bought a pair of the Lane Bryant "Right Fit" straight leg jeans. I am not sure if I like them, but they do fit very well and straight jeans do not always complement me. The only come in the dark wash, and I usually prefer a lighter color jean. I figured since I posted all of their other styles, I would just add this one.

post-5655-133522869737_thumb.jpg

I bought a pair of the Lane Bryant "Right Fit" straight leg jeans. I am not sure if I like them, but they do fit very well and straight jeans do not always complement me. The only come in the dark wash, and I usually prefer a lighter color jean. I figured since I posted all of their other styles, I would just add this one.

HappyFeat :-)

Those jeans got a nice cut for your stiletto heels but they look a little bit "baggy".

Maybe they are too long for you ? (Send them to a tailor ?)

Also remember that women's got larger hips than men do.

Some women's jeans are thinner at the hips so they fit better on a man.

It it always better to try them before buying. (Assuming you did ?)

Nice heeling !

I got the Lane Bryant Right Fit flared jeans, and I LOVE THEM! They fit me just right, and are just the right length for wearing my heels - absolutely PERFECT! I am SO never going back to men's jeans again!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Admittedly, it's a tad difficult for me to find women's jeans that work for me as I'm tall (6-2) and I often can't find sufficiently long inseams on jeans that won't make me look foolish when I wear them. Perhaps I need to look harder and check more resources, but I wouldn't have any problem wearing women's jeans. Hell, I've worn skirts in public and loved it, so nothing's out of bounds for me!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I got the Lane Bryant Right Fit flared jeans, and I LOVE THEM! They fit me just right, and are just the right length for wearing my heels - absolutely PERFECT! I am SO never going back to men's jeans again!

I guess you didn't have a problem with the back pockets? At least right now for me, the multicolor 'V' stitching was a little too much for me, and not something I wanted to deal with.

It's a shame, as with both boot (what I was leaning towards) and flare cut, all the recommendations of them sounded very good. Maybe I should go back a buy a pair or two just to try on. I guess if the fit and look was phenominal, I might find a way to get past it...

HappyFeat :-)

Those jeans got a nice cut for your stiletto heels but they look a little bit "baggy".

Maybe they are too long for you ? (Send them to a tailor ?)

Also remember that women's got larger hips than men do.

Some women's jeans are thinner at the hips so they fit better on a man.

It it always better to try them before buying. (Assuming you did ?)

Nice heeling !

This may seem a bit silly, but when I went to take the photo, I didn't wear a belt. They do fit much better, if I wear a belt and they stay in the right place on my waist.

But you are absolutely right about the hips. I am pretty short in the hips area. I ain't got back...

:winkiss:

I love the flares! But I love the jeans in general as well. These are the main jeans I wear now.

I guess you didn't have a problem with the back pockets? At least right now for me, the multicolor 'V' stitching was a little too much for me, and not something I wanted to deal with.

Yea, I figured this would be a deal breaker for a lot of guys. Its simply a matter of taste, and though I do not think it is terribly feminine embroidery, I know that ANY embroidery is too much for some people. Keep an eye out over the next couple of years, they may change that.

Admittedly, it's a tad difficult for me to find women's jeans that work for me as I'm tall (6-2) and I often can't find sufficiently long inseams on jeans that won't make me look foolish when I wear them. Perhaps I need to look harder and check more resources, but I wouldn't have any problem wearing women's jeans. Hell, I've worn skirts in public and loved it, so nothing's out of bounds for me!

If you think you got it bad I'll have an even harder time. I'm 6'5". I'm not even going to worry to much about covering my heels I just want some women's jeans that'll fit. Hopefully I'll find some skirts that are the right length as I want some of those too.

OK, you guys have convinced to try a pair of girl jeans. So do all of you recommend Lane Bryant? I am 5'9", 170 lb. What style should I ask for that would be the best fit for me? Or should I ask one of the clerks for help? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. I enjoy wearing high heels with my jeans. But if the girl jeans are even more comfortable and better looking, I'll give a pair a try. Thanks.

roniheels, I think it depends how outgoing you are: - if not much, then go to the LB website, go thru their "What's your FitRight size?", and buy 2-3 pairs which look to be your size. You might get whatever size looks exactly right, then one size smaller, and one larger. At checkout, you can just say, "I'm not sure what size is needed...". They might infer you're shopping for a spouse / gf who you're not 100% sure of her size, that's fine. Try on at home, and then return what you don't need. - if you are more open, then you might pick out the above, and then ask a sales agent, "Is there a place I can try these on?" Supposedly LB agents will offer to measure you to get your correct size (apparently some are as friendly as Payless agents). Obviously not nearly as discreet; however you should end up walking out with the one pair that fits best.

roniheels, I think it depends how outgoing you are:

- if not much, then go to the LB website, go thru their "What's your FitRight size?", and buy 2-3 pairs which look to be your size. You might get whatever size looks exactly right, then one size smaller, and one larger. At checkout, you can just say, "I'm not sure what size is needed...". They might infer you're shopping for a spouse / gf who you're not 100% sure of her size, that's fine. Try on at home, and then return what you don't need.

- if you are more open, then you might pick out the above, and then ask a sales agent, "Is there a place I can try these on?" Supposedly LB agents will offer to measure you to get your correct size (apparently some are as friendly as Payless agents). Obviously not nearly as discreet; however you should end up walking out with the one pair that fits best.

I would walk into LB and do what you suggested in the second instance. If I walk in there while wearing high heels, do you think the agents will be as friendly to me? Because I will be wearing high heels with these jeans. What do you think. I appreciate your suggestions! Thank you.

Hmm, that's a tough choice (heeled or not heeled). What I do think is that if you're going there with the purpose of walking out with the exact right fitting jeans, I can't see not at least bringing your heels. If you plan to try some pairs on (typically to get the right waist measurement), then I'd think you'd also want a proper length (whether that's almost to the ground, or a couple of inches off), which would mean trying them on with heels. You could carry them in a small travel bag, and assuming you'll get to a dressing room, you can switch to them then. Unless you are looking for almost-floor length, you should be able to tell how much of your heel & shoe will be exposed with whatever jeans you get. I don't know what the dressing area of an LB is like, to know if they'll be a sales agent back there that you could ask, "How do these look?" I thought I read some posts on guys experiences buying from LB (in terms if interaction with the staff, trying things on), but I don't remember the details.

Hi, can anybody recommend a shop in the UK where I can get a pair of tight, skinny jeans. I love the jeans tucked into boots look but all my jeans are just to bulky to do this. I'm looking for a 34-36" (male size) waist. Not sure how to convert the sizes from male to female, also, I've got kind of thick thighs from sport, ext. Any ideas?

Hi, can anybody recommend a shop in the UK where I can get a pair of tight, skinny jeans. I love the jeans tucked into boots look but all my jeans are just to bulky to do this. I'm looking for a 34-36" (male size) waist. Not sure how to convert the sizes from male to female, also, I've got kind of thick thighs from sport, ext.

Any ideas?

I've tried on and bought skinny jeans from New Look at the cheaper end of the market, Top Shop at the middle price range and Miss Sixty at the higher price bracket. Generally, the best time to go is when it's quiet as you're less likely to have a problem trying them on. There a small-ish shopping centre nearby where I bought my first pair of skinny jeans from New Look. I had no problem in there, and have since been in various branches in London. In Top Shop I took the ones I wanted and changed in the men's, my wife was outside to give her opinion and get more as they were needed. Miss Sixty in London's Carnaby Street was no problem even at lunchtime on a weekday. Be honest, they've seen it all before in that area, right?! I've also gone to Camden Town loads of times and never had a problem, far from it.

Lastly, a good resource is your local charity shop. I've bought quite a few pairs of jeans and of course they're far cheaper than buying new. Oh, you'll also more often than not find a pair of shoes or boots you'll like too. I bought a fantastic pair of 4" black suede stilettos in Kensington's Oxfam shop for £12. They're absolutely gorgeous!!

Have fun and let us know how you got on :winkiss:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

OK, you guys have convinced to try a pair of girl jeans. So do all of you recommend Lane Bryant? I am 5'9", 170 lb. What style should I ask for that would be the best fit for me? Or should I ask one of the clerks for help?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. I enjoy wearing high heels with my jeans. But if the girl jeans are even more comfortable and better looking, I'll give a pair a try. Thanks.

Roniheels,

At 5'9" 170, you may not be large enough for LB jeans. There smallest size is a 14, and you may be able to get away with a smaller size than that. In which case, finding flattering jeans will be much easier. I am 6'2" 220, and I wear their 16's pretty well and even have a few 14s. However, I know that women's sizes can be quite unpredictable, I would be quite surprised if you wore a 14.

roniheels :-)

The style depends on what YOU prefer the most.

Best way it to try them in the store and look at you in the mirror!

I went shopping yesterday looking for a pair of "skinny jeans".

This was my first pair of "skinny jeans": If you want the perfect

fit you have no other choice but to try them first.

I asked the salesperson which one will fit me the best ?

(BTW, It was the first time I asked a salesperson for help buying jeans)

She brought 5 pairs for me to try and one of them was perfect !

(And I am wearing them now :winkiss:)

One thing is sure: from now on, I will always try a women's jeans before buying it.

Beigeboots :-)

As I said to roniheels above, the Best way it to try them in the store

If you want the perfect fit for a "skinny jean" you have no other choice but to try them first. You will find that it is no big deal, it will be much easier than you think (BTW I was wearing men's shoes in the store > More relax... :nervous: )

roniheels :-)

The style depends on what YOU prefer the most.

Best way it to try them in the store and look at you in the mirror!

I went shopping yesterday looking for a pair of "skinny jeans".

This was my first pair of "skinny jeans": If you want the perfect

fit you have no other choice but to try them first.

I asked the salesperson which one will fit me the best ?

(BTW, It was the first time I asked a salesperson for help buying jeans)

She brought 5 pairs for me to try and one of them was perfect !

(And I am wearing them now :winkiss:)

Did the salesperson point out they were girl jeans? Did you ask for girl jeans specifically? Did he/she ask why you wanted them and not man jeans?

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Hi, can anybody recommend a shop in the UK where I can get a pair of tight, skinny jeans. I love the jeans tucked into boots look but all my jeans are just to bulky to do this. I'm looking for a 34-36" (male size) waist. Not sure how to convert the sizes from male to female, also, I've got kind of thick thighs from sport, ext.

Any ideas?

Marks and Spencer skinny jeans should do the job just fine. They are cut for ladies of a certain maturity. Size 18 should do for you. The M&S jeans will cater for other than sylph-like legs at the top, especially bearing in mind they might be connected to a rounder female posterior!

If you are shy about trying them on in the shop, M&S are very good with their refund policy... keep the receipt ! The other thing to do is to take a DIY steel measuring tape in your pocket to measure the waistband with the jeans on the hanger. Double the measurement, and you have your answer. If you are doing this exercise in 'guy mode' then this looks like the highly practical technique a guy might use when buying something for his wife or g/f, so is less likely to cause embarassment.

Xa