Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

Was in NY. I'm back in London now.

Even better then!

Back to the topic...all I wear is women's jeans now. They are designed to slim the leg, designed with multiple types of textiles (denim, lycra) and are generally softer and more comfortable.

No one has ever said anything negative to me--EVER.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Silly question - how can you determine what size in 'girl' jeans you would wear??? Is there a conversion chart anywhere?

I have been wearing women's jeans for many years. I started buying them when I could not find Boot Cut or Flares in the Men's section.

Many catalogs and online stores have size charts which should get you close to you size.

What I did at first was to go to a self service store, Walmart, The Gap, Old Navy, etc. Pick up a few pair in various sizes and head to the fitting rooms.

This way you can try different lengths and different rises.

I also always wear the heels I want to wear with the jeans to get the right length. I will buy longer rather than shorter, if I am between 2 different lengths. Then I have them shortened to the length I like.

I have never had a comment made to me about taking women's jeans into the mens fitting room, nor at the check out.

Good Luck.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

I've been wearing womens jean when I first started wearing high heels. This was because I found out that Long Tall Sally and Tall Girls sold 34" and 36" length in a boot coot which hid footwear from public scrutiny. The pleasant surprise was the use of elastane in the material. All of a sudden jeans where forgiving, didn't bulge at the knees and came in more styles and options than mens jeans. Since then I've always bought womens jeans even if the fastening goes left not right. Nobody notices and if I want to push it abit I can buy patterned jeans or split leg. I wish they would make more side fastening jeans though they seemed to have gone out of fashion.

So what's all the fuss about?

I wear womens jeans as well on occasion,i prefer the tighter fit and for boots only skinny jeans will do! got about five pairs now , skinnies and flared at the bottom. Have been looking for a drainpipe style and a cropped pair as well to add to my collection of styles.Mostly shop at topshop,asda and riverisland. As my wife isnt ageeable to my heeling i do wear them with my trainers,sometimes with the odd comment from her which is annoying as she gave me a new pair of hers that didnt fit her and dared me to wear them! (who needs a dare!) when i did wear them she liked the look! Most of her problem is what she perceives other people to be thinking which causes HER to feel embarrassed.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Like some others, I don’t own a pair of men’s jeans, all mine are women’s (same thing for shorts). A long time a go I started wearing women’s jeans because it was an exciting thing to do but now its just that they fit me better then mans jeans. My favorite look is thigh boots and jeans.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeans? You must be JOKING... I've got only one pair, which I don't wear except for cycling in the holidays. All I wear is leather pants- got some pairs of them, both male and female. The only problem is that I've got rather long legs and it's quite hard to get LP's long enough.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I have been wearing juniors/ womens jeans and slacks since my teens. When I first started wearing them they were called bell bottoms, but now wear mostly bootcut or flare leg jeans, except for wearing straightleg jeans to work. I have worn almost all styles, from highwaisted to ultra low rise, and have not owned any mens jeans or slacks for over 35 years. Unless they are a wild color, like pink or purple, very few have ever noticed, and very few have ever commented. Those who have commented have almost always had positive comments.

High heels forever, ward

• 2 months later...

I didn't notice that anyone else mentioned this, so here goes. It is fun to tweak people a little, by wearing stiletto boots, and tight women's jeans with embroidered designs on the back pockets, such as butterflies, or flowers. That way they cannot but help notice what I am wearing. Fortunately, I have the butt to get away with it.

I think other than the thrill of doing something that "you're not supposed to," such as wearing clothes of the opposite sex, you can clearly see that they are tailored better, the materials are stretchier and more comfortable and better looking too.

Even the men's skinny jeans of which I have a few are not quite as form fitting as the women's. And unless they are embroidered, etc. no one knows the difference. I had a pair of women's jeans when I was a teen (mine were wet and my friend's sister was about the same size except they were tight in the waist). They looked so good that I literally wore them out.

It's all about the heel!

I'm the same as magickman, in that I like to push the boundaries and wind people up. I always wear women's jeans, and as per my thread ' have regular guys asked you where you got your clothes', I have often been asked where I got mine. I wear size 10 jeans (occasionally size 8 ! ) and prefer the fit too - and the choice of styles. Got various "cheap monday" brand skinny jeans in colours too...

To go back to the original post, I don't think it's a parallel to wearing heels because I don't believe most people would notice jeans, or care one way or the other. But whether it's jeans or heels, you shouldn't make an issue of it with your partner or friends. Most people are happy to accept what you wear, but if you keep on bringing the subject up, then they are liable to get tired of it or think you have another agenda. Unless of course, you know they have the same interests as you. Generally people don't go around making conversation about their own clothes or shoes. If other people pay a compliment, or take an interest, that's different, but otherwise there's no need to emphasise the issue.

To go back to the original post, I don't think it's a parallel to wearing heels because I don't believe most people would notice jeans, or care one way or the other.

But whether it's jeans or heels, you shouldn't make an issue of it with your partner or friends. Most people are happy to accept what you wear, but if you keep on bringing the subject up, then they are liable to get tired of it or think you have another agenda. Unless of course, you know they have the same interests as you. Generally people don't go around making conversation about their own clothes or shoes. If other people pay a compliment, or take an interest, that's different, but otherwise there's no need to emphasise the issue.

Hang on a minute.... don't agree with that.

Have often been asked about my jeans, where i got them etc., actually more than my heels.

I realise this is principally a heels site, but soulmate and i do a total look rather than just heels, and big up for the thread to widening the scope of the site. To my mind, a total look is much more original and confident than just ordinary mens streetwear.

Just heels with a lounge suit? No way, you'd look like a tw*t!

The idea of bringing the subject up was, for me, an interesting extension to our 'look what i just bought' boredom, and shows how not only heels are important to people.

I am in the public eye and receive comments (both ways) on my hair/nails/clothes/shoes.

We talk about nailpolish etc on this site (yes, to match, yawn) so pleeease dont throw your toys out.....

• 8 months later...

i just have started wearing womens or girls jeans and love them way lots more than mens jeans. i wore a pair to my church today and nobody even noticed them . i wear them to work and i work around a bunch of guys , we haul logs . i bought me a pair of low rise jeans this past saturday and cant wait to wear them to work tomorrow with my 2'' wedge heels.

Ahh glad you have found and resurrected this old thread. I too have in the last couple months started wearing women's jeans (Levis 515 stretch boot cut), and i am hooked, they fit so nice and I feel great in them. I cant stand the trend in baggier mens jeans, and these new jeans work so well with my boots. However, they do make it more obvious that I am heeling though. My older jeans that I wore with hh boots was mens Levis 550 boot cut which almost completely made my hh boots disappear. With the women's jeans, I am not so discreet anymore, but I feel this is the right way to go and am getting more comfortable doing this stuff, so heck with it, I now have 5 pairs and wear them as much or more than my mens jeans. :smile:

I agree with firefox in that 'dont make a big fuss of it, just get on with it.' Most people wont notice the difference with jeans unless theyre in fashion for a living. Ive never felt selfconcious wearing any jeans/trousers, even pink cargo pants. Wore womens denim coat, navy suede jeans (charity shop special !!!), low but pointy womens heels for food shopping this evening.... My money's as good as anyone else's.....

I am not sure if there is a parallel between jeans and heels for me, but wearing heels definitely got me started wearing women's jeans. Though I am cautious about where I wear heels, I am not so when it comes to jeans or pants for that matter. I have worn women's jeans to work for example. Heels helped me discover other fashion possibilities. I wanted to wear pants that were cut for heels initially, so I bought a couple pair of girl jeans and later some dress slacks. I liked the way they looked on my body and were quite comfortable. I am 6'2" and weigh about 225 pounds, I found that a women's 16 fit me pretty well, so I frequented plus size departments and stores. One day while shopping at Lane Bryant a clerk offered to fit me for their "Right Fit" line and told me that they sell to men regurally. I bought three pair of jeans and two pair of dress trousers and have been sold ever since. The "Right Fit" line is created based on the study of body types. I do have a rather slight lower half (well, for a person my size) and they fit tight in all the right places as well as loose where they should. I love them and they are my jeans of choice. In fact, the clerk gave me an article from their company news letter that the VP for the company wear them himself. I also wear their regular jeans and pants as well. For me the jeans are a question o fit while heels are more of a fashion statement. Therefore heels and jeans are linked, but not parallels.

Style is built from the ground up!

One day while shopping at Lane Bryant a clerk offered to fit me for their "Right Fit" line and told me that they sell to men regurally. I bought three pair of jeans and two pair of dress trousers and have been sold ever since.

The "Right Fit" line is created based on the study of body types. I do have a rather slight lower half (well, for a person my size) and they fit tight in all the right places as well as loose where they should. I love them and they are my jeans of choice.

Too funny - I got yellow "right fits" today as well; pants though. Also, I measured as described on their website, but found that the pants as measured are too wide. At least one size smaller would have done it.

Too funny - I got yellow "right fits" today as well; pants though. Also, I measured as described on their website, but found that the pants as measured are too wide. At least one size smaller would have done it.

I am a yellow 3. The clerks tease me that I am the only customer who remembers their size. I get the tall for wearing heels and the regular for other shoes. I have the trousers (the tall is a bit too long for me), the boot cut and the flare jeans and two other pair of trousers.

I have heard that the Web site fit chart really isn't that accurate, so it is best to be measured in the store.

Style is built from the ground up!

I am a yellow 3. The clerks tease me that I am the only customer who remembers their size. I get the tall for wearing heels and the regular for other shoes. I have the trousers (the tall is a bit too long for me), the boot cut and the flare jeans and two other pair of trousers.

I have heard that the Web site fit chart really isn't that accurate, so it is best to be measured in the store.

I've got yellow 4T pants, and they were a bit too big. I guess I'll get a 3T instead. Tall has an inseam of 34", at least with these pants, and I wish they would be longer. BananaRepublic has 36" inseams in their tall department (online only), but they don't have sizes bigger than 16. What I saw though is that you can have the hem make longer by a dry cleaner/tailor, and that should buy at least 1 more inch. In addition I am also debating if I should get the flare jeans.

I now have more "women´s" jeans than "men´s" - I find them more comfortable probably because most are stretch jeans and the material feels lighter. I also like a fairly tight fit which is difficult to get right with non-stretch jeans. I wear them to work regularly and if anyone notices, they don´t say anything. I agree that it´s not the same as heeling, which I don´t do in public for various reasons. There are so many different styles of jeans for men as well as for women, that no one notices who is wearing exactly what. But I think I´d turn at least a few heads is I strolled into work in 4in stilettos.

Yes women's jeans, just like women's shoes are just all around better than the crap they design for men. Lighter materials, more snug and trim fitting, better designs, a lot more choices available, and they just feel great.

I think they of course both go together very well, but when I do wear both women's jeans and shoes together, the very discreet streetheeling I was doing earlier this year, is becoming a bit more obvious. I get a bit more second glances now than I did before.

It is taking some getting used to, almost feels like when I started doing the heeling in public a year ago now. They feel and look so good together though, and still no negative reactions in anyway occur, so this is just taking another step forward I guess.

it's not uncommon for us guys to wear girl jeans. i have around a dozen pairs. they fit very well for me and i don't even wear my guy jeans anymore. they also look very cute with heels. the decision to switch to girl jeans is one of the best things i've done.

i will have to go try lane bryants and see how their jeans fit me , im 6' and 240lbs so im in a 16w or 18w in misses jeans and they fit awesome. i found some misses low rise jeans and i love them but just dont feel real comfortable wearing them driving a big truck all day .im hooked on womens jeans now and will put all my mens jeans in the bottom of the closet or give to away.

I much prefer wearing my girl jeans especially with my heeled boots when out streetheeling. The jeans are a lighter material with a bit of stretch and fit much better than the men's jeans, although when not streetheeling I do wear my mens jeans around the house and out to work and shopping. The girls jeans and heels are just made to compliment each other. I wear a size 16 girls jeans. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!