Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

OK, not a high heel post, but I thought this might be of interest to the male heel wears here. I take a bit of time to get to the point, so bear with me.

As well as loose fitting jeans for casual wear, I quite like well fitting jeans, possibly with a bit of a flare, for smarter wear. In recent years men's styles have moved more to baggy jeans, and I had read on style forms of many guys buying women's jeans for the better cut/fit – so I decided to try some.

At over 40, I'm old enough to not care what people think, and happy tried on a few styles from the women's section (although I did choose a quiet day when away from home!). I settled on some "Boyfriend" cut jeans which gave the fit and look I wanted without looking too feminine (to me). They look very tailored and trendy and cost less than similar men's jeans have cost me, the rise is lower (which I now quite like the feel and look of) but the pockets are shallower.

I decided to show my lady them without initially mentioning that they were girls jeans, but astute as she is, she said "those are girls jeans, aren't they". I told her what I had read on forums, and asked if it was a problem to which she said no, they look good on me. She also commented that they showed off my arse better than other jeans I have.

So that weekend I wore them out with her to a small family dinner. Whilst out she said that she was happy with me wearing them, but that because I was wearing them that I needed to be "even more of a man".

The next time I wore them with her (out to a show) I mentioned that the lower waist (about 2-3 inches lower than mens jeans I have) felt quite nice. Also, looking for reassurance (as we were out in public), I asked a few times if they looked OK on me, and that they didn't look too feminine. Later she said that I was dwelling too much on the fact that they were girls jeans, and that she had concerns. I said that if she didn't want me to wear them, that I wouldn't, but her issue wasn't me wearing the jeans, but that I was starting to make an issue of it. That was last weekend.

Since then, I've worn them again with her once and didn't mentioned them, which she seamed fine with. (I've worn my male jeans other times, and generally would most of the time as they have a more causal look.)

Her comments made me think of the male heel wears here, who I suspect may have similar conversations with their significant others.

So my post isn't so much about does your other half mind you wearing certain clothing (probably heels for most here), but for those who's partners don't mind, are there any kind of unwritten rules, or ways they expect you to act?

To me if I'm going to wear female stuff I wear either a dress or a skirt and always have a little snigger at TVs wearing girlie jeans in female mode... ...Having said that I must have at least a dozen pairs ranging from boot-cut flares to fitted skinny jeans. Some have sparkly bits. I have some very low ones that show off some cleavage and I have a pair of high waist ones that partially cover the heel but are skinny style so that my legs look like they come up to my armpits!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

So my post isn't so much about does your other half mind you wearing certain clothing (probably heels for most here), but for those who's partners don't mind, are there any kind of unwritten rules, or ways they expect you to act?

Nope, just the same way I all ways been. A pain in my GF a$$. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Were you wearing heels with your "girl jeans" and how does she feel about you wearing heels in public? Back to the topic, there are a lot of men here that wear girl jeans on an every day basis and also more and more guy's all over are wearing them just because they like them. It's becoming pretty popular in the US.

real men wear heels

Were you wearing heels with your "girl jeans" and how does she feel about you wearing heels in public?

No, I'm just an admirer, not a heel wearer, but I've nothing against heels for men.

Back to the topic, there are a lot of men here that wear girl jeans on an every day basis and also more and more guy's all over are wearing them just because they like them. It's becoming pretty popular in the US.

So I've heard, which is why I decided to try them. I can see why they like them - they actually fit better than mens jeans, feel good, and look stylish.

I got a similar urge this past winter, so I took off to the nearest Target and sized myself up. I wound up not buying any of the jeans I tried on, but what I did do was get my size (16T, 14T if the waistband has spandex). A short while later, I purchased a pair of ultra-basic AvenueBlues for $5 because two belt loops were missing (which cost me $3 to replace; winner, me). I've since incorporated them into my regular rotation of jeans, and to date nobody has noticed that I have on women's jeans.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

just like me, hotbootguy I have @ least 3 different pairs of those kind of womens cut jeans, they will fit me if I spend time just looking for the pair/size, cause I'm only about 5-7 & not THAT heavy (large in the waist) it also pays that I'm kind of small boned too!

I like the tight pant look under a good form fitting pair of Boots so i have drifted into wearing jodphurs a lot, also tight jeans. There is a cleaner look to the whole package I find in the tight pants with high heel Boots. david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I got a similar urge this past winter, so I took off to the nearest Target and sized myself up. I wound up not buying any of the jeans I tried on, but what I did do was get my size (16T, 14T if the waistband has spandex). A short while later, I purchased a pair of ultra-basic AvenueBlues for $5 because two belt loops were missing (which cost me $3 to replace; winner, me). I've since incorporated them into my regular rotation of jeans, and to date nobody has noticed that I have on women's jeans.

How do you like avenue jeans? I've been interested in picking up a pair of jeans and maybe some nicer pants from there.

Doesn't this topic bring up another point, that is how can any jeans be "wrong" for a man? Jeans were a purely male preserve once, and women started wearing them now we have a discussion regarding the correctness of men wearing jeans because they are womens. I have two pairs of my wifes jeans, which she was going to throw out, and I use them as work jeans for doing work on my motorbike rather than ruin a good pair of mine. We always have the same discussion how they don't look right on me from her point of view. Now she is starting to come round to the fact they are just jeans, and it's the fact she knows they were from the womens section, and it's in her own mind. Nobody else has ever said anything and I've worn them around friends, and when I go out on the bike. But on topic for me it's not an issue whether the jeans came from the womens or the mens section but my wife does care a little, and when I wear the jeans it's to do guy stuff like fixing a motorbike so I'm in full male mode. As for rules, we have no rules now about the jeans, but heels are indoors only and when she can't see mainly although she did take the pics for me for the mens legs competition.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

How do you like avenue jeans? I've been interested in picking up a pair of jeans and maybe some nicer pants from there.

Let's just say I'm glad I walked in with a budget.

Otherwise I may have gone crazy in there....

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I have actually stopped wearing mens jeans alltogether. Girl jeans are the only jeans i wear as i'm a slim guy so they look really good on me. I also wear my chunky calf high chunky boots with them also which looks really good with flare jeans as they give me sort of a updated 70's style look with the flares and platforms.

Here is a recent pic of me in Angels lowrise flare jeans and my boots.

Looks great. I'm goin shoppin!

real men wear heels

Dingpat: I own a few pairs of smart ladies trousers. Two pairs that come to mind are black, one is wide leg and looks great on me (apparently - I wore them at my wedding) the other pair are kind of obviously female to me, but again I'm told they look good. Both were bought from Topshop about 18 months to 2 years ago, now. Having just checked, the trousers I have are not sold any more, however the styles they have now are very similar. I have a very slim frame, so maybe that helps. I could take some pictures, if you'd like?

I like the lighter weight denim material and the stretch that is incorporated into many of the womens' jeans. Plus you can't beat the variety of styles and colors that are offered. I have also found some womens dress pants in some great styles. It does take some time to search out the styles you like that also have the right fit. But that's all part of the fun

I fully agree alistair, you need to have the skinniest jeans you can find to tuck them into boots, they are made for this style (with the right style of boots that is) now to wear them OVER, you need boot-cut with that 70s flair (read bell-bottoms) so both types you need to get womens cut style jeans, depending of the style of boot.

I have actually stopped wearing mens jeans alltogether. Girl jeans are the only jeans i wear as i'm a slim guy so they look really good on me. I also wear my chunky calf high chunky boots with them also which looks really good with flare jeans as they give me sort of a updated 70's style look with the flares and platforms.

Here is a recent pic of me in Angels lowrise flare jeans and my boots.

You are ebsolutly correct that they do look really good on you. However, they kind of remind me of a coule of pair of boy jeans that I own. In the last few years, the number of ptions in boy jeans have exploded and in my mind boy jeans are starting to enter the realm of girl jeans. Just my observation, I could be all wet.

Though I don't wear girl jans myself, I have started to experiment with women's slacks. I realy like the wider legs that are popular now. Here are a couple of pics of me in a couple of pair of Style & Co. slacks that I bought off a clearence rack at Macy's. I am wearing 2 1/2 inch Bandolino pumps in each picture:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/happyfeat11/IMG_1238_edited.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/happyfeat11/IMG_1235_edited.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

I got some womens jeans also. The material is much better and there is more variety in style and colors. Mens jeans always wrinkle around my flat ass so i came to womens jeans which have more stretch worked into the denim. Btw: my waist size is around 31 and there is only one or two brands which offer exactly this size in boys jeans. I Got one in 7/8 length also for tucking them into the boots and wearing them in summertime with woman's sneakers (Nike Sprint Sisters, I Love them).

They look nice. It isn't obvious to me that they are women's slacks (Unless it is easier to tell from the back view).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

AHH! Here we go again, we would like to wear some women's garments, but the women in our lives don't like it. Listen guys trousers and jeans are traditionally MALE garments! I am old enough to remember the time when you never saw a woman in jeans or trousers. We never made a fuss when the started wearing OUR clothes! The trouble with men is that they let women dictate to them what they should or should not be wearing, try telling the woman in your life that she should not wear trousers or jeans and see what reaction you get! This summer I have on two occasions worn a woman's kilt for walking on the Moors why, because a kilt is a male garment and I don't see why I should pay £300 for a kilt when I can get one for £30. Wearing it Commando was much cooler that shorts or jeans. ( which are now fast becoming the standard woman's garment! ) A couple of years ago I heard that the men in a Scottish pipe band were up in arms because the women in the band wanted to wear kilts, in other words they were feminising men's kilts. Looking on a kilt makers website recently I see that they now make a woman's kilted skirt that fastens on the right-hand side like a man's kilt. What I am trying to say here is that women have no qualms about wearing men's clothes, but they don't like it when we start wearing their stuff, anything that we wear has to be specially made for men. Its time we told them were to get off! End of rant!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

AHH!

Here we go again, we would like to wear some women's garments, but the women in our lives don't like it. Listen guys trousers and jeans are traditionally MALE garments!

I am old enough to remember the time when you never saw a woman in jeans or trousers. We never made a fuss when the started wearing OUR clothes! The trouble with men is that they let women dictate to them what they should or should not be wearing, try telling the woman in your life that she should not wear trousers or jeans and see what reaction you get!

This summer I have on two occasions worn a woman's kilt for walking on the Moors why, because a kilt is a male garment and I don't see why I should pay £300 for a kilt when I can get one for £30. Wearing it Commando was much cooler that shorts or jeans. ( which are now fast becoming the standard woman's garment! )

A couple of years ago I heard that the men in a Scottish pipe band were up in arms because the women in the band wanted to wear kilts, in other words they were feminising men's kilts. Looking on a kilt makers website recently I see that they now make a woman's kilted skirt that fastens on the right-hand side like a man's kilt.

What I am trying to say here is that women have no qualms about wearing men's clothes, but they don't like it when we start wearing their stuff, anything that we wear has to be specially made for men. Its time we told them were to get off!

End of rant!

Why should I complain about the girls who are wearing male clothes? I don't know any reason why girls shouldn't wear their own style. I dislike flip-flops or ugg's but some girls are doing simply what we guys seem to have forgotten ... having guts!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I wear my girl's jeans more than my guy's jeans now. I like the fit of women's jeans better than mens, and with ladies different styles are in abundance. Mens styles however seem to be stuck in a limited baggy look just hanging off their ass. Which I don't mind, it's just boring and I already have those types of jeans from a few years ago. I've never had any comments from people other than "they make your arse look good" from my girlfriend (she knows they're ladies jeans), "they make you look slim" from my mum, and "you like to wear tight jeans" from my dad (who doesn't know but may suspect). No one has been straight up and asked me. I bought 3 pairs of jeans in NY this week - all womens.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005