Wearing girl jeans – a parallel to wearing heels?

Rob

I bought a fabulous pair of dark blue skinny leg jeans the other week - they are high waisted and have a lacing up the back.

there are a similar pair on sale here: (if I got the link right)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOMENS-DARK-BLUE-DENIM-HIGH-WAISTED-SKINNY-FIT-JEANS-10_W0QQitemZ130255709838QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130255709838&_trkparms=72%3A1295%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I've worn them out a couple of times now - once with my black knee length boots (only a low wedge heel) over the top and a short jacket that just covered the high waist- it's a look I strongly recommend!! No -one really batted an eyelid either, must wear that combination again soon.

Did the salesperson point out they were girl jeans? Did you ask for girl jeans specifically? Did he/she ask why you wanted them and not man jeans?

loswabs :-)

Once in the store I asked right away for women's "extra skinny jeans".

The salesperson did not ask me why and asked me which color I prefer.

I followed her and she picked 5 pairs for me to try.

I guess they don't really care; They just want to make a sale !

She was very nice. Next time I go back to that store, I will ask for her again.

As stated previously, It was the first time I tried a woman's jeans before

buying and let me assure you I will always do it from now on.

Don't hesitate to do it. The jean will fit MUCH better this way and you

will always be 100% satisfied :winkiss:

OK, you guys have convinced to try a pair of girl jeans. So do all of you recommend Lane Bryant? I am 5'9", 170 lb. What style should I ask for that would be the best fit for me? Or should I ask one of the clerks for help?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. I enjoy wearing high heels with my jeans. But if the girl jeans are even more comfortable and better looking, I'll give a pair a try. Thanks.

I bumped into an "Avenue" store today and found really great boot cut jeans, tall(!) in various colors for $16.50 only! Those fit very well and look really great with heels.

I bumped into an "Avenue" store today and found really great boot cut jeans, tall(!) in various colors for $16.50 only! Those fit very well and look really great with heels.

heelma, do you know exactly which ones? They have a lot of different ones online (www.avenue.com ), but at $18. Maybe the store has different prices than online?

Also semi-related, anyone ever buy any shoes from Avenue? They have a 'Julie' ankle boot, a pretty unisex looking pair with 3" chunk heel. They aren't nearly as cute as the two pair I have from Payless, but at least from the website, they look like they could be a lot more passable.

I agree that it´s best to try on the jeans before you buy them. I usually go to shops that have men´s and women´s clothes so that I can choose several pairs of women´s jeans to try and then just go to the men´s changing rooms. I buy mostly Levi or H&M. That way, it´s fairly easy to predict which styles will fit based on part experience with these labels, but it´s important to know whether the jeans have a stretch component in the material. Some styles are available with or without and I find in those cases, I need different sizes. H&M skinnies are good for tucking into boots, but they are really skinny (I have thin pins). I also like H&M "original" or Levi 470 as straight jeans and levi 529 or 525 bootcuts.

I agree. I'm a size 36 (guy's). This translates into a size 16 (gal's). I've had to experiment (trial and error) to find this out. Of course, I'd never attempted to to try to see what size skirt I would need. (It's also a 16, and I have 3 of them.) LOL. Let's have another get-together real soon. I'll be wearing size 16 jeans. See my post about Mar-Lou Shoes. They go up to size (gal's) 18, so most of us can find something. I'm fortunate in that a gal's size 11 will normally do for me. Best wishes to Ruthi, Johnny, Radiodave, Happy, gwl1, and everyone else who helped make last Saturday so memorable. I had a blast, and on nothing stronger than iced-tea.

For the price, Avenue jeans are pretty decent. I have a pair if straight legs from there and they fit pretty well.

Style is built from the ground up!

I've not tried shopping at Lane Bryant, but I may look into it. I have had phenomenal success at JC Penney online (and in store as well). I found that my 40" waist fits a women's size 18W and the boot cut is exactly right for me. They have several lengths, including a very tall one that would be right for a guy at least 6'0" (I'm 5'9"). I have been very pleased with the fit, quality, and durability, and my wife agrees that they look better than baggy men's jeans on me. So JC Penney is another good source for you to check out. GWL

I'm a very slim guy, and don't like baggy clothes much, so most of my jeans/trousers are now those sold for women, as I literally can't get men's trousers in my waist size - they're just too loose. Women's jeans are usually nicer material and better cut - you just have to watch that they are not too tight at the crotch. The zips are shorter so check you can still have a pee standing up. :winkiss:

:sad: Your avatar is quite nice :winkiss: I'm agree with people who says that women's jeans are bettur cut than men's ones... omeone understand my English? :nervous:

Anyone else have an issue with the more decorative stitching on the rear pockets? I'd certainly appreciate the potential better feel of woman's jeans, but at least now, I really don't want such an obvious indication that they aren't men's jeans.

Anyone else have an issue with the more decorative stitching on the rear pockets? I'd certainly appreciate the potential better feel of woman's jeans, but at least now, I really don't want such an obvious indication that they aren't men's jeans.

Same here.

i love my girls jeans.... in fact all of the jeans i wear now are girls straight leg or skinny jeans.... and it is so much easier to get away with wearing it with it being so popular with the current popluar/emo music trend..... just wish the same trend start with heels and i can where everything i want without a worry....

• 2 weeks later...

i wear girls jeans now everyday and i buy mine from walmart the faded glory brand and they just have a small gold stitch on the back pockets. i seen my bosss wear a pair like these the other day and they were mens so i guess they make them like that for everybody now. i will wear girls jeans now no matter where im going that includes church. i have some of the low rise jeans and the pockets on them are small so i just got me a smaller wallet and use it for them only.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear womens jeans most of the time. Also at Sears, they have Levis men jeans 514 that are low rise and stretch and are very much like womens jeans. I have been wearing womens jeans for a couple of years now and no one has ever said anything to me. I have a friend that is a crossdresser and I have told him I was wearing womens jeans and he said he could not tell.

I rather like some nice stitching on the back pockets. In fact, my Venezia jeans have that nice V stitching which no one seems to mind. I've often thought about getting a pair that have a design going all the way down the leg just for fun! Of course, I have a Bedazzler now, so I can make my own designs that no one else has as well.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

i quite like the stitching in the back pockets on women jeans as well.... I suppose there are women jeans are are really uni-sex... and then there are cts which are more obviously womens (based on current fashion trends)... eg tight jeans with really obvious flare, or skin tight skinny jeans..... these are the style I like most (esp the skinny skinny low cut jeans)....

I also wear the faded glory girls jeans , I have purchased St. Johns Bay Boot Cut ( Secretly Slender ) jean from J C Penny which fit quite well and have a patten on the back pockets. I wear them all the time with no one ever commenting at all. :w00t2:

...skin tight skinny jeans..... these are the style I like most (esp the skinny skinny low cut jeans)....

aussieheels :-)

Same with me, I like skinny jeans too but for in the house only :w00t2:

I guess we cannot wear such jeans in public and looking "as a man"

(Unless it is your choice, of course)

Do you wear skinny jeans outside with high heels ?

If so, with what kind of heels ?

(I like to wear them inside with stiletto heels)

mackman69 - lol... that's the biggest problem i have with wearing girls jeans... i found myself holding my wallet and mobile phones as they are a bit tight in the pockets :w00t2: .... guess i'll be moving to getting a handbag soon.... danielp6406 - unfortunately i've only been brave enought o wear the skin tight skinny jeans out a couple of times.... there's is definitely a trend for teenage boys wearing girls jeans (the whole rock/emo look).... and I've kinda jumped on the bandwagon... however, i don't look like a teenager anymore and may come off as a bit of a try hard (as in wanting to be a teenager) which in a odd way I can handle better people thinking I'm am wearing girls clothes..... in terms of what i wear with the jeans... i like to pair it with a pair of nice stilettos or any of the heels from the pics I've posted up recently... but when going out.. i often wear them with ballet flats....

• Like 1

unfortunately i've only been brave enought o wear the skin tight skinny jeans out a couple of times.... there's is definitely a trend for teenage boys wearing girls jeans (the whole rock/emo look).... and I've kinda jumped on the bandwagon... however, i don't look like a teenager anymore and may come off as a bit of a try hard (as in wanting to be a teenager) which in a odd way I can handle better people thinking I'm am wearing girls clothes..... in terms of what i wear with the jeans... i like to pair it with a pair of nice stilettos or any of the heels from the pics I've posted up recently... but when going out.. i often wear them with ballet flats....

I've worn skinny jeans out loads of times, sometimes with stiletto boots, sometimes with ballet flats, other times with lower ankle boots. I love wearing them, though I usually do it well away from anywhere I'm likely to meet work colleagues. That would be the worst situation, having work people giving me a hard time for the way I like to dress. But regardless, I love to look and feel of skintight jeans, always have done, always will do.

By the way, I'm old enough to have a daugther well into her 20's but I've kept fit and slim so at least have a fairly decent body, if not the age!! I get looks, but so what? That's part of the fun!!!!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I have several pairs of womens skinny stretch jeans. I love wearing them they feel great as you slide yourself into them and don't forget they were the fashion in the early eighties. I've just never stopped wearing them :w00t2: I love to wear leather thigh boots over the top of them I think its such a great look if your boots are well fitting.

• Like 1

I have several pairs of womens skinny stretch jeans. I love wearing them they feel great as you slide yourself into them and don't forget they were the fashion in the early eighties. I've just never stopped wearing them :w00t2:

I love to wear leather thigh boots over the top of them I think its such a great look if your boots are well fitting.

Nice!! Do you wear this outfit out only only in the house?

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I have a few pairs of the women's low rise skinny jeans that I wear (rarely) as I usually wear the bootleg low rise ones with boots when I have the chance. But one of these days it'll be the skinnies with the knee high boots over them.

As an aside, I have about five pairs of men's Levi 511 skinny jeans. They don't fit quite as nicely as the women's but aren't bad at all. I'm 56 and regularly wear them out.

It's all about the heel!

Nice!! Do you wear this outfit out only only in the house?

Hi. I wear my skinny jeans with thigh boots on the outside mostly indoors but I have ventured out to several rural locations in evenings with my wife when I have felt very daring. one time I even forgot to take my change of footwear. that could of got awkward if the car broke down :w00t2: