tall guys?

dingpat

are there any guys out there who are tall already and wear heels? I'm 6'4" and am wondering if there are any other tall people who wear heels to make themselves REALLY tall. If so, what are your experiences and do you have any advice to give other tall guys here?

Well, I'm 6'2", and when I wear heels, the only thing I can say is....be really careful about doorways. They will sneak up on you and clock you when you least expect it - especially when you wear 8" sandals like I sometimes do. Granted, I'd love to be about 6-8" shorter, but heck.......I have what I have, so I'm gonna just enjoy it.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I'm only 5'8" but even I have had trouble with doors in heels. We were on a cruiser on the Norfolk Braods and I found that in flats i could get through a door no problem but in my Buffalo trainers i kept banging my head!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was into heels well before I was tall, and well before I knew I would even get tall. When I was 12, I was 5'4"ish... and wearing a woman's size 12 shoe. That was the age at which I REALLY got hooked... now over 10 years later and a full foot taller and a full shoe size larger, the desire hasn't gone away. I do stick to moderately high heels, between like 2"-4", to still be wearing heels without being too too tall.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Well, I'm 6'2", and when I wear heels, the only thing I can say is....be really careful about doorways. They will sneak up on you and clock you when you least expect it - especially when you wear 8" sandals like I sometimes do. Granted, I'd love to be about 6-8" shorter, but heck.......I have what I have, so I'm gonna just enjoy it.

I'm 6ft 8in. I have to be careful about doorways without heels.

About the thread question, I don't wear heels to feel taller. Everything is about shoe shape, look and feel.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Well, I am 6 foot 3 inches tall, and I have no desire to make a spectacle of myself, but at the same time I LOVE to wear heels!! I wear 2 inch heels mostly, and sometimes 3 inch if the style is really cute. Those heel heights are fine with me, and I don't get too gigantic!! Take care... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Me also 6' 4" ~ 1.90 m. On high heels I've to be always cautious at door frames. But where's the problem? Aren't the gullies on the street, the grids of air-conditioning systems or the cobble-stone pavements wellknown traditional enemies of the high-heels-wearing ladies? I have to care only for one further enemy :smile: BTW my 6' 8" nephew has the same problem with door frames even with sneakers ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I'm 6-2, but it never occured to me to wear heels so I could be taller. For me, it's all about how I look in heels and how I feel when I wear them, which, by the way, is sensational in both cases. Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm 6'2" and will happily wear 6inch heels given the inclination. I didn't work up to these heels for the added height, if anything I wouldn't mind being shorter as it would be a little less conspicuous with the shoes on. I just wear heels because I really like the look of them and love the feel of them. Guys shoes are just so boring, so heavy, so large and clumsy. Blah! Give me a nice pair of stiletto pumps any day! Heel-Lover

Still some remarks:

I'm wearing often high heeled boots in public. But rarely with extreme high heels. Either pointy black boots with 4'' stilettos under long flared jeans or the typical cowgirl boot styles with stacked 3 or 3.5'' heels.

No tall guy is wearing high heels because of the additional height! Just like you I like the style and the feeling of walking on high heels. I always try to find moderate styles as my alldays footwear. Not easy with an EU 44/45 foot size. Nevertheless there is no reason to complain. My feet are slim and small compared to my body height.

When meeting with small girls on the street or in a waiting qeue I'm regarding me sometimes as a giant. The girl only reaching up to my shoulders. Just like the danish comedians "Pat & Patachon". But am I responsible for this discrepancy if even 5' girls are wearing flip-flops instead of high heeled pumps? :smile:

At least the tiny chambermaid Tanja of the silly german telenovela "Sturm der Liebe (storm of love)" is always wearing high heels

http://www.daserste.de/cmspix/bildgalerie/11112005669202_535.jpg

And here Tanja (guaranteed on high heels) together with the page boy Xaver (definitely not wearing high heels in the telenovela)

http://www.daserste.de/cmspix/bildgalerie/13032007540738_535.jpg

Xaver must be even bigger than me!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

In terms of in public it does make you stand out more but I know from experience I stand out anyway since it is not the norm and I don't percieve it has any real effect in general. I am usually in a knee length (or a little shorter) skirt suit with fine heels, I have given up wearing trousers/pants with heels. The one benefit is mainly with some guys who make disapproving expressions etc if entering a bar / cafe (say afternoon tea time - or just after work) they walk in and see me and I can tell the ones that are disapproving - but once they are close they never say actually say anything offensive. I am usually quite a bit higher than them once they get close to me - I am looking slightly down at most of them - and the shorter guys I am really towering over. The girls are never a worry - some just want to look - others want the whole story, and you get a lot of compliments from women in general. Heel-Lover

I am 6'2" and usually wear heels i the 4.5" range. I am more for the classic styles and that seems to be the popular heel height. I guess, I am already tall, so the heels don't make me feel any taller and I just don't give it any thought. However, I thought I would share this little experience with everybody. I was out last summer and the female clerk at a coffee shop asked why I was earing heels. Well, I know we all have our textbook responses we use in just such an occasion, but I said I just like being taller. She, bout 5'2" herself, was unimpressed. Anyway, I guessed being taller crossed my mind at least once...lol

Style is built from the ground up!

I'm 6'5" barefoot, and I like a 5" heel for the feel of maximum height. Going any taller not only makes it much more difficult to walk, it also won't make me any taller - unless I went for a platform, which would be difficult to wear in public without lots' of others noticing. As it is, I think the extra three inches of height the 5Inch heel give me - let's me look over crowds that much easier (useful in a recent trip to New York City) and give me a proportion look that is pleasing to my eye, anyway.