Is there a boot season in Florida ?

heelium

Hi, I'm lucky enough to be going to Florida again in November, our previous visits have always been April/May time where summer shoes & sandals are the norm, As Florida never really gets cold do any of the shops even bother to stock winter boots? I'm hoping they do as boots are definately my 'thing' , but I shaln't be too dissapointed as I can always order some from Ninewest & get the hotel to sign for them, failing that my wife & I are having a mini break to New York in January, so hopefully there may be some retail opportunities then. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Depends on where you go in FL. Quite a few of the stores I visit carry boots, as many FL residents vacation in colder areas in the winter. Although I tend to prefer boots and will wear them year round, it's just really brutal to try in the summer. Nov may not be that cool, but should be comfortable for boots/pants after the sun heads down. What area of FL will you be visiting?

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hi JimC, We are going to be in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, I did have the Florida Mall shops & Ninewest outlet's in mind. I dont intend to be wearing HH's as it is a family holiday, just purchasing unfortunately. Heelium

Orlando has some decent shopping areas. Where to go depends on how much you plan to spend. Trying to remember the name of the outlet mall I tend to like with decent prices. Alot better selection but much higher prices would be Millenium Mall, or similer. Some very high end shops, but they should have anything you'd be looking for.

whoooa, Millenium Mall = megabucks :wave: , nothing for us there I'm afraid-except the Tiffany shop where my wife likes to spend up big style (sadly just daydreaming :smile: ), also I found the sales girls in Ninewest at the Millenium Mall most unhelpful when I asked for size 12's H

Yea, my one time walking through there let me know it was a bit out of my price range also. Still trying to remember the name of the outlet place I usually go to, off I-4 just west of the Turnpike (that doesnt help a tourist) I will see what I can do to dig up the name/location of it.

Yea, my one time walking through there let me know it was a bit out of my price range also. Still trying to remember the name of the outlet place I usually go to, off I-4 just west of the Turnpike (that doesnt help a tourist) I will see what I can do to dig up the name/location of it.

Was it Belz Premium outlets, up near Universal?

If it is, I'm familiar with that one, wife doesnt mind going there as she loves to have a look around the Jarred diamond place.

H

The Belz Mall has been taken over by Prime Outlets and has been completely rebuilt. It's at the north end of International Dr. at the I-4 exit for Universal. We'll be down that way again in February. There is another outlet mall on the east side of I-4 halfway to Disney from the Prime Mall, right beside Dolly Parton's Stampede. Prices seem average, not really outlet but still good. Florida Mall is good but nothing compares to the Mall at Millenia. Yikes! Kris.

Kriss: thats the one I was thinking of. The prices for the higher end shops there are less then their normal retail, so you can sometimes find really expencive stuff at decent prices. I've gotten Cole Haan $400 boots for less then $100 there. :smile: