Feminine or Masculine?

johnieheel

Fem or Masc?  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

I voted for femine because I always associated feminine with sexy. And there is nothing in this world that excites me more than knee high boots. In fact my wife is wearing a pair today for me. I watched her put them on and zip them up. It was all I could do to control myself.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new 3" boots are a joy. I think I'm Rock Chic Man. Rock Chic Man out and about around Chester UK tomorrow. Shopping for heels and guitars. What could be finer? As for feminine or masculine? I am man in heels. Oh and some panties. Pink glasses. Scarf. Clutch bag......

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

• 3 weeks later...

Shopping for heels and guitars. What could be finer?

Guitar shopping while wearing heels!

I actually enjoy guitar shopping more than heel shopping. In both cases I try them out in the store. Come to think of it, I don't think the Guitar Center folks have ever seen me not wearing my boots.

Feminine or Masculine?

I present myself as a guy in thigh boots and often a skirt. I also carry a purse all the time, heels or not. I'll admit I've been tempted to try going fem but it would be an extreme effort to pull it off and, even then, I'm not sure I could. Its much easier to be a guy in boots, and that satisfies me.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

more toward femine strappy sandals with 3inch heels or 4inch and pumps with designs on them gladiator wedges my sandals all my shoes i think are more for women i have shown the girls at work some of my collection and they like them but im a size ten or eleven depends on the heel. and naturally the girls are are 8s and 7 and a half my shoes are to long for them not to say some of them havent tried to wear them. my wifes friend likes my sandals and pumps and she is the same shoe size as my so she always gets to try on the heels and she will say very nice and cute so that gives feminine type taste in shoes i dont mind tho they do make my feet look cute and sexy. so i tend to buy more lady like heels

Well, being English not my native language I'm afraid I won't be able to express myself the way I would love to. I did vote for "more feminine" and it's pretty much what I feel. I began trying on heeled shoes and finding out that I was feeling great in them but soon after I felt the urge to add more and more feminine pieces of wardrobe and accessories to that. So came the pantyhose, the underwear, then the dresses until I "developed" a new version of myself with a definite feminine look. It isn't clear to me yet if I did all this for having a good excuse to wear heels without attracting too many weird stares when going out. Now it's been 3 years since I last wore man's clothes, my daily attire consists of woman's jeans, sweaters, shoes and a very light make-up and I've grown my hair. I try to look as feminine as possible without exceeding (so flat boots or sandals). I don't want to attract too much attention but I need to wear women's clothes and shoes, I just need... So probably even if men wearing heels were worldwide accepted with an open smile, I still wanted to add that extra feminine look, just to feel myself "in balance" and see in the mirror the person that I always wanted to be. I hope I didn't mess up things to much and all this doesn't sound too weird to you guys. Stef

Steph, You don't have a thing to worry about as your English is just fine. I also like many feminine things like heels, pants, skirts, and jewelry so you are not alone. By the way your country makes some of the sexiest heels the world has ever seen. Oh, I love the food too! Your English....bravissimo! Ciao. HappyinHeels

• 3 weeks later...

Well, being English not my native language I'm afraid I won't be able to express myself the way I would love to.

I did vote for "more feminine" and it's pretty much what I feel.

I began trying on heeled shoes and finding out that I was feeling great in them but soon after I felt the urge to add more and more feminine pieces of wardrobe and accessories to that.

So came the pantyhose, the underwear, then the dresses until I "developed" a new version of myself with a definite feminine look.

It isn't clear to me yet if I did all this for having a good excuse to wear heels without attracting too many weird stares when going out.

Now it's been 3 years since I last wore man's clothes, my daily attire consists of woman's jeans, sweaters, shoes and a very light make-up and I've grown my hair.

I try to look as feminine as possible without exceeding (so flat boots or sandals). I don't want to attract too much attention but I need to wear women's clothes and shoes, I just need...

So probably even if men wearing heels were worldwide accepted with an open smile, I still wanted to add that extra feminine look, just to feel myself "in balance" and see in the mirror the person that I always wanted to be.

I hope I didn't mess up things to much and all this doesn't sound too weird to you guys.

Stef

I'm with HappyinHeels. Your English is fine! Not perfect, but how often would you expect one of us "Englanders" to master Italian in less than a year?

Your English is fine - we understand you perfectly. :wavey:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 3 weeks later...

My question is do you want to be just a MAN IN HEELS or Enjoy dressing more like a girl with all the fem? Skirts, hose etc.

I used to do the girl thing and still wear the clothes, but nowadays always as a guy, more freestyle than feminine. It feels better, more authentic — and it's far less work :unsure:

Well, I voted "Man in Heels", but I'm not about to go through all the pages in this thread to find out what I had written originally. No matter, things have obviously changed for me since them as I've fully embraced women's clothing and integrated same into my fashion freestyling. I'm just as comfortable wearing skirts and dresses in public as a man as I am the shoes themselves, in fact, I prefer women's clothing which I find easier to wear and nicer looking as well, just like women's shoes. Is what I and other like minded people here do considered crossdressing? I suppose so, but women do the same damn thing when they wear pants and jeans and flannel shirts and Timberlands, so what's the big deal? In my mind, there is none.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...

Although I consider myself as a man in heels, I do like them very feminine... the most bowy, frilly, colorful, the better... I also think tights are a must, they complete the heeling experience. As for the rest, I am curious and might try them out someday, but they do not give me the "chilly" sensation that the women shoes do, being them heels, flats...

If you like "girlie" shoes, you should check out: www.simplysoles.com. Talk about "girlie" shoes. This collection couldn't be any more girlie than it is.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've noticed a lot of guys here are into skirts, hose, etc.

My question is do you want to be just a MAN IN HEELS or Enjoy dressing more like a girl with all the fem? Skirts, hose etc.

Myself, I just want to be a guy in heels with my blue jeans and t-shirt or (guy clothes).

I really get a kick out of the underlying premise here: there is some sort of masculine line, and it is drawn somewhere between a man wearing women's high heels and a man wearing other types of

women's clothing. This brings up all manner of questions: are cotton panties more masculine than silk? Are jean skirts more masculine than than spandex? Are pantyhose more masculine than stockings?

I wear a skirt and hose, but always feel like a man. Largely, because I am a man. The enjoyment for me is both visual and tactile. I enjoy the way my legs look. I enjoy the way they feel. Although exploration of one's feminine side is a legitimate pursuit, it is not one I engage in.

Edited by HHeeler

I really get a kick out of the underlying premise here: there is some sort of masculine line, and it is drawn somewhere between a man wearing women's high heels and a man wearing other types of

women's clothing. This brings up all manner of questions: are cotton panties more masculine than silk? Are jean skirts more masculine than than spandex? Are pantyhose more masculine than stockings?

I wear a skirt and hose, but always feel like a man. Largely, because I am a man. The enjoyment for me is both visual and tactile. I enjoy the way my legs look. I enjoy the way they feel. Although exploration of one's feminine side is a legitimate pursuit, it is not one I engage in.

Bravo! We are of the same mindset, my friend. I love wearing skirts which are so much fun, and yeah, I enjoy showing off my legs too! In fact, skirts are pretty much all I wear these days on my jaunts as I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience. However, I'm still very much a man despite what I wear, wouldn't be anything else. I mean, we're just talking about clothes and shoes, so what's the big deal?

Well, I voted "Man in Heels", but I'm not about to go through all the pages in this thread to find out what I had written originally. No matter, things have obviously changed for me since them as I've fully embraced women's clothing and integrated same into my fashion freestyling. I'm just as comfortable wearing skirts and dresses in public as a man as I am the shoes themselves, in fact, I prefer women's clothing which I find easier to wear and nicer looking as well, just like women's shoes. Is what I and other like minded people here do considered crossdressing? I suppose so, but women do the same damn thing when they wear pants and jeans and flannel shirts and Timberlands, so what's the big deal? In my mind, there is none.

When you present yourself as a man let's use the word freestyler,the cross.... word is very gender biased and leans to men who try to pass and put fake things on.About women you are totally right.

When you present yourself as a man let's use the word freestyler,the cross.... word is very gender biased and leans to men who try to pass and put fake things on.

Oh, I understand that. But to the public at large which is woefully ignorant of our unique passion, we are looked at as crossdressers, even if we don't don wigs, makeup or fake breasts. In any event, I'm very proud to call myself a freestyler!

Edited by JeffB

I don't really care what my passion is called off... why do we have to care? If liking women's shoes and wearing them as well as nylons is called "crossdressing", so leave it be... I am proudly a crossdresser then! :) What happens is that the public in general just generalize the term... they see any guy that wears or does anything "sissy" to be a crossdresser or other "pejorative" words. But I know what crossdressing means and I don't find it pejorative. I would be pissed off if someone calls me gay or transvestite, those are really pejorative words.

But I know what crossdressing means and I don't find it pejorative. I would be pissed off if someone calls me gay or transvestite, those are really pejorative words.

Except to those that are gay or transvestites.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Here's what I find amusing about this gay discussion: gay dudes aren't wearing heels with or without skirts in public in any larger numbers than straights. In my mind it would be better in some ways if it were a gay thing, because then it would actually be a "thing". That would mean people in numbers were actually doing it -as opposed to what it is right now, a one off here and there. The style would have a better, even if small, chance of filtering into the mainstream. And if gays co-opted heels/skirts as a style, do not discount how important that one degree of gender removal would be. It would be far easier explaining why one dresses in ways that seem traditionally gay, in spite of not being gay, than explaining why one dresses in ways that are seen as belonging in the realm of women. Since there is nothing wrong with gay, I could not care less if some one were to mistake me for gay, if it prevented undue attention being drawn to me.

Edited by HHeeler

• 2 weeks later...

Heellover21, What's stopping you? Give it a try. You might find it fun and it will definitely be interesting. Need assistance choosing an outfit, a wig, doing make-up or learning feminine speech or mannerisms? Attend an annual convention like www.be-all.org or www.sccatl.org and meet lots of other CDs and have a great time for a whole weekend. Hundreds of other "gals" do. There are talks and seminars, all kinds of work sessions, and vendors who will (for a fee) give you a transformation into a gorgeous woman no matter how macho or ugly you might be. I've attended these events as a vendor (in male mode but with heels - I'm not a CD myself). They're instructive, resourceful, and fun. You will meet a lot of nice people and enjoy your time there. Investigate it and give it some consideration. (And no, I have no connection with them at all. I just had a fun time there.) Steve

Edited by Steve63130

• 3 weeks later...

I voted on a curve to the fem side as with me it depends on the day. I tend to mix and match things like I might wear heels and tights or pantyhose with ordinary men's pants or I might decide on wearing a skirt. Sometimes I might wear pumps with a pair of women's jeans as those tend to fit me much better anyway and I do put on some makeup, but I don't have wigs and some of the other things a CD'er would have. I guess for me it is more along the lines of individual choice than anything else.

I try to be as feminine as possible at all times. I have more "women's" clothes than "men's" and feel far better about myself when I am dressed more effeminately. On the other hand, I work in a school as the IT Tech, and I don't think that the parents would be very forgiving if little Johnny turned around and told them that there was a TV working at the school. I am currently getting away with a pair of 4" boots that look fairly androgynous with "women's" boot cut jeans (most of the staff haven't noticed, those that have already knew, so I may see how far I can push it before someone says something).

I like the high heels and the womens bootcut pants. There are plenty of mens tight tops to choose from. I don't wear skirts because I'm probably going to love them. I wear concealer and foundation, but no eye makeup. So heels and bootcut pants are my thing. Although, I wear wider flares with chunky heel boots. I'm more comfortable in boots than high heel shoes. But, I'm learning how to walk nice in tall, high heel shoes. So, the only femme things I don't wear are skirts and dresses. Anything else I go for.