High Heeled Training Diary #35

Laurieheels

Yeah. I am not into it today. But we all know how I get, I say this, and then type up some really long diary. So give me a moment, forgive my momentary lapse of creativity, and we'll be into the diary in a moment. Monday turned out to be a day off for me. It had been sad on Sunday, having to go home. But Monday was a new day. It was a day for boots, like most days seem to be now. Four and a quarter oinch stiletto heels are almost too easy these days. But the boots are nice. Tuesday and Wednesday were very much the same day, five inch velvet stilettos, long hours in them, at least ten both days, and not a problem to show for it. This is lacking some challenge here! A day when five inch heels are just something on my feet? Thursday, Friday and Saturday were boot days again. The weather isn't as nice now, and the boots are very comfortable for wearing. Short skirts, long skirts, both work well. I have a pair of stockings that used to be heavy black tights. A bit of scissor work transformed them into something comfortable to wear. They look great with the boots. And I can wear the boots for twelve hours easily, even fourteen, and my feet are just fine. The challenge is vanishing now, I am as comfortable at these heights as I am being flat footed. Today is Sunday, I am lazing about, just wondering about life, missing my man, and trying to think of something I can do for dinner. I'll wear the boots, mot likely. They're great to wear, easy to wear, but then, that leads me to my next point. Chris and I have had some discussion about it, and it is about time I started to go higher. No more putting it off. Six inch heels are something I need to get. The fact that he has a glass coffee table makes me nervous. So we'll see, and hopefully I'll have a pair by the end of the year. I'll have to cut this short, and I apologize for that. But to the main point of the comment here, I think I was missing some motivation in this goal I set for myself. I lost track of it. The whole idea was to work my way up to try out seven inch stiletto heels, just to see if it could be done. I think I may get back on track for that. It isn't the focus of my life, but it could still be something I can try, and something I can prove. And I have someone to share that with now.

That's not something I can wear to work. The street our building is on has an unfortunate reputation at night, as a place where women use their bodies for money. I'd rather not send my reputation in that direction. Besides, "Hooker boots" is a phrase used quite often by people in various offices for our company, and it's not exactly the type of flattery I am looking for. :smile: But they are nice... I can see myself with a whip when wearing them.

Sounds like you're experiencing a small letdown after the momentous accomplishments of the last few months. That's natural. Think about it, Laurie: You're a proven 5-1/2 inch heel wearer, the stiletto queen of your office, and you got a boyfriend out of this to boot. Not a bad deal. So, take some time off, appreciate what has transpired this year, and go for six. We're with you.

Stu, thanks. :smile: It's nice to know people can put into perspective just what I have done and not look at where I have left to go. However, one tiny issue. "and you got a boyfriend out of this to boot" I think finding Chris has a lot more to do with fate than the fact that I choose to wear certain shoes. It's a little bit more than just getting a boyfriend. It's finding happiness, really. Yet I am only picking on that point because I can, not because there is anything particularly wrong with what you are saying. Besides, posting is good. I don't do enough of that. All in all, things are exceptional right now. :grin:

"and you got a boyfriend out of this to boot"

More of a duff pun than a criticism, surely?

Besides, posting is good. I don't do enough of that.

What, our own hh goddess claims she doesn't do enough posting? My poor modem is doing all it can right now :grin:

All in all, things are exceptional right now. :smile:

That's one of those deliciously ambiguous comments I love. I'm having an 'exceptional day' too. I've just broken up with one of the loveliest people I've ever met, for one reason and another. That's exceptional, but not where I want to be.

But don't let me bring you down. Laurie and Chris11 - best wishes to you both, health, long life and happiness.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Yes, the boot pun was intentional. I was also referring to the fact that Chris and Laurie met on the Internet on our two forums. I wasn't inferring that the relationship is based solely on shoes (oops, another pun), but the fact that Laurie's diary entries, along with a mutual interest in shoes, helped create the proper circumstances through which Laurie and Chris could meet and nurture their relationship. At least that's my understanding of how Laurie and Chris got together. If I got it wrong, then my bad.

It's what made us go to lunch one day. After all, he's a reader of the forums, a friend, a customer who has quite a number of services from the company I work for... What happened after that just became... magical. I had no idea about what would happen, and now, I'll never wish to let it go. Certainly the forums are partly involved in all of this. Being a moderator here has helped, posting the diaries has helped, and being a quick typer, well, that has been the most important thing.

Is Calgary about to lose, and Edmonton about to gain some brilliance and charm? Or will it be the other way around?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Congratulations and thanks. I think, Laurie, you've achieved what you set out to do, given us all lots of good advice and comments on the way, and leaving your prints in the snow, with two of you to do that. Its great to widen horizons. If you are wondering about going higher, rather than an arbitrary target like 7 inch, judge on whether you and your admirers think that a higher heel will make you look better. If you've reached the pinnacle that way, and your comments on the 7 inch boots suggest that you have, well enjoy the accomplishment. Thanks.