Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Today I wore them to the place that I couldn't steel my nerves to go into yesterday, while slouching a little bit to mentally cover the footwear with my pantlegs. I bet if I saw myself, I probably drew more attention to them, than if I just walked normal. gotta work on my 'normal' walk now.

For better or worse, if you live in a more urban area, any looks you get might be more because of them being pointy-toe cowboy books (which you can't really high), and not the 3" heel (which a longer pail of pants can conceal pretty well).

I think if you find a pair of pants that help to hide most of the heel (I always recommend bootcut jeans, about 2" longer than your regular length), I think you'll be able to go out with every second worrying that people are looking at you. Once you get over that hump, then you can focus more on making sure your walk doesn't stick out (walking in heels is definitely different the 'flat' shoes of typical men's shoes). Then, things start to come together, and you can enjoy your outings.

How loud are the heels when you walk? That's my biggest issue - if I could find more-silent heels, I think I'd do so much better on my outings. You can conceal the height of a heel (with clothing), but not much you can do about the sound.

What's the actual height of your heels, are they a full 3"?

Good luck in your future outings.

Actually no, it was Shoe Metro on eBay. I have two pairs of Style & Co. boots, one short, one knee high (the other thread) and felt that by the look of the sandals, that they would probably fit well.

So far, so good! Thanks!!

It's all about the heel!

Just got these in today, Style & Co. leather sandals. And for the purists, no, I would NEVER wear them with rolled up jeans!!! I had the jeans on under boots.

Those sandals look great. They appear not to be the highest heel but that's makes them more appealing for everyday outings in the summer. Just running daily errands or shopping etc.

Please supply more info on them. Price, heel height, comfort level etc.

Those sandals look great. They appear not to be the highest heel but that's makes them more appealing for everyday outings in the summer. Just running daily errands or shopping etc.

Please supply more info on them. Price, heel height, comfort level etc.

Heel height is 4", they are leather and comfort level on a scale of 1 to 10 (not broken in yet) I'd say about a 7. Price was excellent - $14.99 plus $9 or 10 shipping!!

It's all about the heel!

Just got these in today, Style & Co. leather sandals. And for the purists, no, I would NEVER wear them with rolled up jeans!!! I had the jeans on under boots.

Interesting! While I'm not much of a sandal fan, those shoes are nice! Bravo to you on your purchase!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Was looking for a pair of HH boots with threads to wear them this winter.

Found a nice pair today from Spring Shoes.

http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/tall-boots-dress/75384870-sherril/93

(The heel is 4" high measured at the back with a ½" platform)

I wore them out of the store in the snow: They are perfect !

post-14338-133522898613_thumb.jpg

http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/tall-boots-dress/75384870-sherril/93

Very cool boots!!!!!!!

real men wear heels

Those should do the trick! Nicely :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you all for the nice replies about my boots.

I wore them today to work and I got no comments from anyone :cry1: (it is a first)

I guess they are now accustomed to see me in heels quite often

and it is now "normal" for them to see me wearing them.

For those who are still afraid to go out in public: I just say go for it.

Yes, sometime you will be looked at (if your heels are obvious) but so what ?

But most of the time, you will be totally ignored. No one will look at your feet.

Life is too short: Have fun now !

I picked up a pair of Charlotte Russe "Dasiy" cowboy boots.. They're a "knock off" of the Jessica Simpson boots, but not bad at all..

I bought them with the intention of swapping the heels, which I may or may not do....kinda like them as they are

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=2548

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

:cry1:

:smile:I like them,very smart and the white stitching adds to the style. A very good buy.

Muddypaws:wave:

I have been having a wonderful week, getting to heel every day so far. Today, I visited a new consignment store and found a pair of shoes that I have been looking for for quite a long time - a simple black pump with a moderate heel. These are Michael Kors pumps with a leather sole and around a 3 inch heel. They were barley worn and set me back only $20!

post-5655-133522898784_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

I have been having a wonderful week, getting to heel every day so far. Today, I visited a new consignment store and found a pair of shoes that I have been looking for for quite a long time - a simple black pump with a moderate heel. These are Michael Kors pumps with a leather sole and around a 3 inch heel. They were barley worn and set me back only $20!

Bravo to you on your purchase, HF! As far as I'm concerned, there's no sexier woman's shoe on God's green Earth than a plain black pump! And the shoes you bought look awesome!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Happyfeet,

The look really stylish and nice. Good luck with your new buy.

/Stefan

Best regards, Stefan

With what?

Also, what's you're feeling on that heel style? Personally, I don't like heels that extend past the back of the boot. Just doesn't have a clean look anymore.

If I do swap them, I'll make new ones from stacked 1/4" pieces of wood, and make them chunky like an actual cowboy boot heel...

As for the heels extending back, I kind of like that, and was thinking about how I could make the replacement heels the same way..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Nice black pumps! Can't wait to see you in them!

Happyfeat:-) Thats a very nice pair of black leather pumps and you are lucky to find them in your size. They will go with a lot of your outfits and an easy heel for streetwalking. Enjoy them to the fullest, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!