Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Thank you all for the nice comments on my latest boots from Spring Shoes :-)

I went back to the store this afternoon to tell the salesgirl how comfortable they are.

She told me that she will tell customer's they have been evaluated by a "very good customer"

(I asked her not to specify that It was evaluated by a male customer...:chuckle:)

Is Spring related to Aldo Shoes?

Yes. Springs Shoes is a division of Aldo. "Globo" and "Feet First" are also divisions of Aldo.

But I guess these 3 sister companies only exist here in Canada.

BTW, Aldo used to put the heel height in their description a while ago.

It is unfortunate they don't do it anymore...

how I can upload my new shoes here??

I think you need at least 5 posts. Only 3 more to go !

Just got these today. They are by Colin Stuart, which is the "house brand" for Victoria's Secret.

Nice shoes at a good price !

I hope they will not cut at the toe opening.

This is exactly why I cannot wear open toe shoes, even if I like the style a lot :w00t2:

...BTW, Aldo used to put the heel height in their description a while ago.

It is unfortunate they don't do it anymore...

I finally decided to email them about this:

Can you tell me why your website doesn't list the actual heel height for your shoes? It's difficult to make an accurate selection without knowing this. A shoe with a 4 1/2 heel is vastly different from one with a 2 3/4 heel, and listing both as just 2.5 in. makes online shopping very difficult. Practically every other online site lists the height including platform height when applicable.

Their first response:

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please note that for any additional information you may need regarding an online shoe, you may contact us or contact a local store which might carry the same item. This will give us a chance to provide you with more accurate information.

You can find your nearest store on our website.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

My followup:

Thanks for respond to my comment. I understand I can contact a store for additional information. I still don't understand why wouldn't choose to list that information on your website

Their response:

We would like to thank you for your great suggestion regarding our website. After all, it's only through customer feedback that we can improve.

You can be sure that we will be taking your comments into consideration when next upgrading our website.

Their response:

You can be sure that we will be taking your comments into consideration when next upgrading our website.

Well done jwhite44 :-)

Now can't wait to see if they will actually do it after receiving your suggestion.

Wondering if they received many request like yours...

Let them know that while they do that, were all buying from elsewhere, from those who can tell us the simplest of things about their products.

Without heel heights they might as well just say

"Shoes for sale, £50, click here to purchase"

If they also think their website needs "an upgrade" just to include a simple peice of info in the product description then its probably not worth buying from them if they are not smart enough know how to type out a product description.

I would have been highly annoyed at that first answer of "phone us and ask" as I'd say, ok, and will you discount me on my purchase for every phone call I have to make and the time it takes just to find out the things that EVERY one of your competitors already tells me???

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Fortunately for me, the Aldo store is only a few minutes drive from my house. Personally, I don't need to know the exact heel height before I make my mind to purchase or not. I use their website to look at the shoe or boot then If I like it, I go to the store to try them. The style and heel shape is the most important factor (not the height). But if the heel is high and is comfortable, then it is a real plus. Problem is when I am in the store, the shoe or boot look better than on their website and I have a hard time to resist buying. (Which is good for them but not good for me...) Possible solution: May be I should move far away from any shoe stores... Problem: If I do that, I will start buying shoes from the internet. I'm stuck. There is no way out :chuckle:

Wow. I just had the chance to put these on and walk in them, if you want to call it walk...lol. They have a 4 1/2 inch heel, and I could never walk in these shoes for more than a short distance! My ankles don't bend down that far! When I put on a pair of shoes like these, I really appreciate what the ladies go through. Comfort is not a word that describes walking in a pair of heels that high! And doing it gracefully, well, not me, that's for sure. I have 4" shoes that are not a problem, but that extra 1/2 inch changes that picture totally...lol.

Well, that added half inch can make for quite an adjustment at first, but I'm sure you'll get used to it after some practice. And those are some pretty nice shoes. Bravo to you on your purchase.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

How do you like them compared to the ones you got from Spring last week? Are the belts fixed on the boots, or can they be removed? What's the heel height of these. One good thing about having large size feet - you're not tempted to buy all these great shoes & boots (cause none of them fit!).

How do you like them compared to the ones you got from Spring last week? Are the belts fixed on the boots, or can they be removed? What's the heel height of these.

One good thing about having large size feet - you're not tempted to buy all these great shoes & boots (cause none of them fit!).

I like them as much except this time the heel is hard and very noisy.

So I will wear them only in very crowdy places for now...

The belts are fixed. They cannot be removed.

The heel is 4½" measured at the back (no hidden platform).

The arch angle is perfect so they are very comfortable to wear.

It is a good thing some boots from Aldo are running small for their sizes.

I also have a new rule: If they don't have in stock then I don't order them.

This is an easy solution to prevent me from spending more... :chuckle:

I just recieved these today from Macy's. They have a 3/4" platform on them so I don't know if I will keep them. I never have liked the idea of a platform, but the shoe style was so fantastic I couldn't resist!

post-6687-133522893277_thumb.jpg

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I have two pair of pumps with platforms like those. While they are a comfortable fit, I find that they are not as easy to wear as pumps without platforms. I find myself walking "heavy footed" -- you know, kind of clompy --when ever I walk very far. Besides, one of the things I enjoy about classic pumps is that they are really light weight on your feet. For some reason, these platform shoes feel a lot heavier.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Just picked up a new pair of boots. These boots came in 2 colors, and inspired by trends I've seen lately, I optted NOT to go for black. For those who know me, all my high heel boots have been back, as I find it's not too outlandish and goes with anything. But I went with grey as I've seen alot of it this season and I'm really likeing the look. I've already worked it into a new outfit that you can go check out (if you wish) in the "Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here" thread.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Boots17.jpg

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Took me about 2 months to find these. Sold out in the shops. Got out bid on a black pair afew weeks ago on ebay. Made a bid at £65 went for £72. This pair I got £35. I,ve got a nice skirt to go with them as you can see in the photo. Tan Leather hidden platforms from Faith.

post-13668-133522893452_thumb.jpg

I have two pair of pumps with platforms like those. While they are a comfortable fit, I find that they are not as easy to wear as pumps without platforms. I find myself walking "heavy footed" -- you know, kind of clompy --when ever I walk very far. Besides, one of the things I enjoy about classic pumps is that they are really light weight on your feet. For some reason, these platform shoes feel a lot heavier.

It seems I can't point my toe far enough to just get one sound from them, and I don't like the thud sound of the sole.

Don't misunderstand, these are great shoes, all leather, including the sole. They feel great on, if all I did was sit or stand I would keep them, but, I love to walk also and I just can't get the hang of this platforms so they are going back tommorow.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Sandalcrazy, can you explain what it is about the hugh platform shoes that you like? Is it a matter of being able to have a much higher heels that creates the attraction? I am curoius, because I just don't see how having a thick slab under the front of the foot is all that attractive. Maybe it is because I knew people in my youth that had one leg shorter than the other, and wore a thick soled shoe to compensate, and that is about all I can think of when I see that slab of stuff under the forefoot. I know, it is simply my opinion, but I'd be interested in hearing from all platform lovers (there seem to be many here!) as to what it is about that style that you like?

Thanks, and please, I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to understand.

I really don't know, i'm very particular about shoes in general but those i have chosen are a break from fetish/stripper shoes they are most know for. The styles i referenced go along with the suicide chick style i have been seing around i.e. 40's and 50's fashion with that added flare of a platform. It's a great question cuz now i really want to think further about why i like them but i do still like standard heels of course these are just on my radar now.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Thanks for the input. I understand the 40s-50s connection, but the shoes then, while having some platform, were not as extreme as those you picked. I don't mind the small platform, it's the overly thick ones I'm not fond of.

right they were't that extreme then but that is what i meant by extra flair, i'll be wearing them with jeans anyway but i still like the look in some of the pictures i have seen.

Hi guys, I want to buy some shoe boots from Faith.co.uk but need to know if the parcel is branded? The last thing I want is a box to turn up with Faith and womens shoes all over it!! Has anyone ordered online from them recently?

Neat shoes. Very colorful. Should be comfortable for those long walks around shopping centers while shopping for new shoes. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i just bought these in black from amazon, they should be here early next week.

http://ellieshoes.com/showcase/ProductDetail.asp?div=ZZZ%20PENT&dpt=&ctg=&PROD_CD=PH475%2DROCKY

Those are very nice shoes (But personally, I prefer the black ones)

Neat shoes. Very colorful. Should be comfortable for those long walks around shopping centers while shopping for new shoes. :chuckle:

Hmmm...I think I read something "between the lines" here...