Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Went to Aldo (again) and saw an another amazing pair of boots...

(FYI, Aldo got many very nice boots for this fall)

They had them in brown in my size ( but I prefer black ).

So I tried the brown ones. Only one word > Wow !

Even if they don't look like it, the heel is very high !

I could not resist. I ordered them in black... Will receive them in a few days.

Only one mistake: I should NOT have tried them in the store at all !

See picture below and link here > http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/tall-boots/75505791-mulder/97)

NewfieGuyInHeels & LovesHiHeels :-)

Very nice boots and shoes: A very good choice :)

post-14338-133522891062_thumb.jpg

I keep trying to buy a pair of boots or shoes from Aldo but always comes up small for me. There were a pair of boots I wanted to buy about 8 months in Aldo. They fitted me Ok but I could not do the zip up on 1 boot. I wished I bought them and then got a cobbler to stretch them. I not seen a pair like them since.

See picture below and link here > http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/tall-boots/75505791-mulder/97)

Wow! Great boots! A definite winner in my book!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I went shopping yesterday I found a very nice pair of brown leather hidden court shoes by Jasper Conran in a size 8uk for sale at £35 in Debenhems. Which I would of bought had they been a size 9uk. What made it worse there was also the same pair in snake skin design for only £10 also in a size 8uk.

Finally added to my collection (pair number 5)! Had been looking at these for months and managed to get them on sale last weekend. :)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_19587_828557_-1

Alba, those look great! I love the bow detail. They have several pairs on that web site that I like, but alas, none in size 9, which I would need at a minimum. I take it you can wear less than a 9?

I went to the Mall Yesterday to paruse some shoes, and get a sandal that i have wanted for the past few months. I went to Aldo first, and oh my word, those sales folk were soooo nice! I pointed out the shoe i wanted to try on, gave them my size, she said we were out, but they had the size smaller, and they also had a different style in my size, so i said I'd try them all on. So she brought out a bunch of 40's and 41's for me to try. Some of them fit wonderfully, some not so much. The real kicker was how good they treated me, No bias, no judgment, just saleswoman to client. It was really refreshing.

After trying on 8-10 pairs, i was still wishing they had the sandals i wanted in my size, so she said she could order them. I asked her to hold the thought, and that i would be back. So, I left the store, went onto the store Bakers, and it was like i walked into into an exclusive club for women. My friend liz asked about some boots, and i asked aobut some shoes, and when i asked, the sales woman gave me the dirtiest look, and said "we dont carry YOUR size" (even though i knew they carried ample 10's, and some 11's), but she said it very like "oh my gosh, why are you in my store" like. It was upsetting to me, i dont think i'll go back to bakers. So liz and i continued our jaunt around the mall, and found nothing else of awesomeness, so we went back to aldo, and i ordered these in black.

All in all, it was a great shopping trip :)

Some how, my wife's name has managed to find its way onto most of the fashion mailing lists that exists on this planet. There are at least 2 or three different catalogs in our mailbox each day.

Last week a new catalog appeared in our mailbox ("wonder how they got my name" -- was her initial comment) ASHRO....(Afrocentric)clothing for women that are slightly larger (taller and bigger framed) than average. Point here is that they also sell shoes. While the selection seems to be limited (I've not checked out their website) the sizes listed on the shoes shown go up to size 12. For those of you that wear that large size, it might be worth looking into their offerings at.....ASHRO Lifestyles

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I keep trying to buy a pair of boots or shoes from Aldo but always comes up small for me. There were a pair of boots I wanted to buy about 8 months in Aldo. They fitted me Ok but I could not do the zip up on 1 boot. I wished I bought them and then got a cobbler to stretch them. I not seen a pair like them since.

I agree. Most shoes from Aldo do run small (Some sandals are OK).

Many boots are wider at the toe box and some are narrower at the ankle.

And some boots from Aldo are unique. You won't see them anywhere else...

As always, It is a good idea to try them in the store before buying.

Did you try Spring stores ? (Aldo's sister company)

Most of their boots are wider at the ankle and are less expensive.

(I admit they are less stylish than Aldo's but they have some really nice and comfortable models too)

A good example are my latest boots from Spring here > http://www.hhplace.org/guys/9231-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-149.html#post214686

Also note that Spring shoes and boots style is for younger customers

Wow! Great boots! A definite winner in my book!

Thanks ! Coming from you is a real compliment !

BTW, I had a message from Aldo in my answering machine.

They received my new boots ! (Wow that was quick)

Will go pick them up tomorrow night...Can't wait :)

NewfieGuyInHeels & LovesHiHeels :-)

Very nice boots and shoes: A very good choice :)

I agree! Great boots! Very nice choice!

I went to the Mall Yesterday to paruse some shoes, and get a sandal that i have wanted for the past few months. I went to Aldo first, and oh my word, those sales folk were soooo nice! I pointed out the shoe i wanted to try on, gave them my size, she said we were out, but they had the size smaller, and they also had a different style in my size, so i said I'd try them all on. So she brought out a bunch of 40's and 41's for me to try. Some of them fit wonderfully, some not so much. The real kicker was how good they treated me, No bias, no judgment, just saleswoman to client. It was really refreshing.

After trying on 8-10 pairs, i was still wishing they had the sandals i wanted in my size, so she said she could order them. I asked her to hold the thought, and that i would be back. So, I left the store, went onto the store Bakers, and it was like i walked into into an exclusive club for women. My friend liz asked about some boots, and i asked aobut some shoes, and when i asked, the sales woman gave me the dirtiest look, and said "we dont carry YOUR size" (even though i knew they carried ample 10's, and some 11's), but she said it very like "oh my gosh, why are you in my store" like. It was upsetting to me, i dont think i'll go back to bakers. So liz and i continued our jaunt around the mall, and found nothing else of awesomeness, so we went back to aldo, and i ordered these in black.

All in all, it was a great shopping trip :)

Olounda: I've bought multiple pairs of heels in both the Aldo and Bakers stores at the very same mall your mentioned (I'm a local) and the help and acceptance you get just depends on the sales associate. I've had good experiences with both -- although I like the fashions better at Aldo (but they often seem to run a bit small). -- FF

Just got my new "Mulder" boots from Aldo (http://www.hhplace.org/guys/9231-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-152.html#post215888)

I'm wearing them as I type this message. They are amazing.

I don't know if I will be able to take them off before I go to bed tonight...:)

What's the heel height? (And, is anyone else annoyed that Aldo doesn't list the real height, just "2.5+"?)

I guess it is a strategy to make you go to the store...

If you are asking the heel height of my new "Mulder" boots:

Heel height is 5-1/4" measured at the back with a 3/8" hidden platform

...so we went back to aldo, and i ordered these in black.

Those are nice wedges !

Aldo (and Spring shoes) are my preferred stores to shop for shoes

and boots for the very same reasons you stated in your post.

The shoes from Aldo do runs small. They are a little bit larger at Spring shoes.

Boots from both stores are true to size on most models.

(FYI: Spring shoes is a division of Aldo shoes)

Spring is for younger customers and their shoes / boots are less expensive.

HappyFeat, I love both of those new Nine Wests! You're speakin' my language with those shoes!

Thanks! You really can't beat the classics, can you? I was wondering how many pair of black pumps a boy can own however. For me it seems to be never enough.

Wow! Those pumps are fantastic! Don't think I've seen a heel design like that before. A shoe like that just BEGS to be worn with a skirt or dress as it would be absolutely criminal to hide them under pants or jeans. You'll have to tell us how it felt to wear those shoes when you take 'em out for a spin!

I really do love the style of the heel, a bit different than the average stiletto. I do plan on wearing them with a skirt or dress sometime this fall. I have recently worn them out under pants and was thinking the same thing...

Just got these OTK boots from Aldo yesterday. ( http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/tall-boots/75347201-cassetty/97 )

Can't wait for fall to wear them :)

See more pictures in my post here http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/14377-thighboots_vogue_again_according_daily_mail-4.html#post215711

Two great boot purchases Danielp! Both pair are very exciting. Please tell up about any adventures you have while wearing them!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks! You really can't beat the classics, can you? I was wondering how many pair of black pumps a boy can own however. For me it seems to be never enough.

I couldn't agree more! You can't beat a plain black pump for timeless style and classic beauty. That was the very first woman's shoe I wore as a teenager, and it remains my all-time favorite to this day.

I really do love the style of the heel, a bit different than the average stiletto. I do plan on wearing them with a skirt or dress sometime this fall. I have recently worn them out under pants and was thinking the same thing...

Great minds think alike! HA! I suspect those pumps will look absolutely sensational with a skirt or dress! In fact, I KNOW they will!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Two great boot purchases Danielp! Both pair are very exciting. Please tell us about any adventures you have while wearing them!

Will do and thanks for the compliment HappyFeat !

Fall is coming so I will wear them soon. (Can't wait !)

Alba, those look great! I love the bow detail. They have several pairs on that web site that I like, but alas, none in size 9, which I would need at a minimum. I take it you can wear less than a 9?

Thanks! Am wearing them just now and love 'em! I take a UK9 for my normal male shoes/trainers... but can get away with UK8's for some makers on heels. I guess socks can make that difference! They feel pretty good on so long as I'm wearing tights. :)

You might get away with them if you can wear some UK8's. Worth nipping into a Debenhams early when it's quiet and trying em on. That's what I did in Glasgow. :)

Just noticed you are in the US, that would make nipping into the store slightly tricky! 99% sure there are no Debenhams in the USA, never seen any when I've been visiting in the past. Sorry!

Wife and I went shopping today for something to new to wear to the Canton Ohio heel meet in Oct. This is what we came home with. The boots are hers and the 3 strap 5" heels are mine and fit like a soft glove. Unbelievably easy to walk in.

post-3305-133522891377_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522891381_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522891385_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522891388_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522891391_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Johnie, Those 3-strap heels look terrific. It would take me 20 minutes to get into and out of them with all those little buckles! And Ruth's boots are hot looking! Great finds. Hope to see them in person in a few weeks. Luxxyheels, Great looking pumps. Love the toe cleavage. Enjoy them. Heelguy, Nice shoes. Hope they're comfortable. They look great. GWL

I've never responded to this thread, so I figure I'd give it a try!

I went to Shoe Dept. today, and I was looking for anything that caught my eye. This particular store only has the right shoe in the box, and you have to ask for the other.

Both the sales ladies didn't even flinch when I was talking about size 11 heels for myself. They were both very nice, and I didn't feel weird. I tried them on right in front of the younger clerk, who was totally cool with it.

Today, I realized a dilemma I have. I buy way too many black shoes. I just love them, and they go with black hose so well, it's hard NOT to buy black. I reflected upon this, and decided that I needed to get something different... RED! I bought one red pair a while back, but they were too small. I think I paid $6 for them on clearance. I ended up giving those away to goodwill. Then I bought a pair of Diba red patent pointy-toed shoes, but they were size 12. Too big for me. I got them at a time when I was too afraid to try them on in the store.

Today, I tried on and bought a pair of Studio HD2 patent red heels. Trying them on was a blast, and aside from the employees, a few women passed by me. If I didn't know any better, they didn't even notice what I was doing! The heel is just shy of 4.5", and really easy to walk in. I forgot how easy a heel this "low" is easy to walk in. They were $20.

Pictures!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Red01.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Red02.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Red03.jpg

It is so incredibly frustrating being a size 11. I know that a lot of members here take size 13 or larger, and say "yeah, well try to find MY size!" I understand that plight, but if I had such a large size, then I wouldn't even bother shopping around at a bunch of different stores. Unforunately, the department stores have the best styles, and they almost exclusively go up to size 10. I'd still rather be an 11 than a 13 or 14, but it's... like a tease, over and over. I've even had DREAMS where I try to find a pair that fits, and they're all too small.

I did find a pair of Jessica Simpson heels in size 11B ("B", really? What a slap in the face!) They fit, but these had an interesting problem I don't find in even cheaper shoes - I wobbled uncontrollably when I stood up on them. It almost felt like the heel was bending. They were 70% off, for $23, and I still couldn't make the purchase. Total crap quality, maybe. Or maybe they were just too narrow. They were also light pink, which was kinda neat, but not my favorite color.

Anyway, so that was my shopping experience today. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely saw a pair that was $70 and I would have bought them had they come in size 11.