Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Just bought these yesterday from the Spring store.

The sale associate was wearing the same pair and I could not resist to get the same ;)

(It was a very long time since I bought a high heel pump)

I intend to wear them with my black skinny jeans.

Now the question is: Are they appropriate / will I have the courage to wear them to work ?

(Until now, I only wear shoes and boots with block heel or wedge at work)

Maybe it would be "pushing the limit" a bit too much for the workplace.

Still thinking about it. Will see...

Admittedly, those shoes are a little wild for the workplace, but at a party or similar social outing, they work great!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe a little too much for work, but great for a night out with skinny jeans

I really like them Daniel. I guess it depends on where you work...

Admittedly, those shoes are a little wild for the workplace,

but at a party or similar social outing, they work great!

Thank you all for your input.

Finally, my conclusion was the same so I did not wear them to work.

Will keep them for a night out or a party ;)

These came in the post yesterday.

Very nice sandals. The heels seems quite high with no platform. What is the height ?

Wow, rxrenesis. I'm glad you like them, but, wow, that is a really odd shoe. Somewhere on this site is a thread of the top ten worst shoes, and for my money, these would have to join the list for sure. I know each to his or her own, but I just don't....oh, never mind. I should follow the old adage and just shut up if I can't say something nice. You'd likely have similar words for some of the shoes I find hot and sexy. But there is no denying that those are certainly different!

I got these at Forever Twenty-one at the mall this past weekend.

The are solid and well-made for a $25 shoe. I got them in US size 10 and they fit perfect. I especially like the large toe-box. Plenty of room to wiggle my toes!

Nice shoes Cassie! Forever21 has nice stuff - good choice!

These are not "new" shoes, but they are new to me. May latest purchase during my consignment shopping excursion last week are Aldo "Jennie" slide mules with about a three inch stiletto heel. They are only a 40, and normally I need at least a 41 from Aldo, but since they are slides they fit pretty well. For $10 I really could pass them up. Slides really have never been my thing, but I am exploring them more and more this summer.

post-5655-13352288663_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Slides really have never been my thing, but I am exploring them more and more this summer.

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

At that price, it is a good deal indeed and a perfect occasion to explore this style.

They look nice but slides are not my thing neither because they tend to "flip-flop" while walking.

(Sorry I cannot find the correct expression but I'm sure you understand what I mean)

So how do you like them ? Is there a special way of walking to prevent that "flip-flop" effect ?

Happy heeling !

Happyfeat:-) A very nice pair of slides and at that price you could afford to experiment with that style to see if you like them or not. Let us know. I have stayed away from that style myself as I need more support than what they afford. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey everyone, just thought ill spread the word about my recent purchase ;) It's the 2020-model by Devious - I am so in love. The boots are able to support my weight suprisingly easy as they are tightly laced. I made it across the apartment several times so far ;) Staying (sitting, lying) in these boots is not painful at all - to be honest they are quite comfy. I am even wearing them right now. However - seeing my collection constantly growing - I think its either time to consult some therapist or to get a bigger shoe-stash!

post-13748-133522886654_thumb.jpg

post-13748-133522886697_thumb.jpg

I thought about wearing ballet boots from time to time, but just can't justify the expense of something I don't know if I'd wear more than a few times or not - especially for that price. I'm glad they are working well for you though! Well done!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

but just can't justify the expense of something I don't know if I'd wear more than a few times or not !

I know from whence you come. I have the same feeling about a pair of Louboutin's Clichy pumps, which are, in my opinion, the most perfect pair of pumps ever conceived. However, As a man, I just can't bring myself to paying so much for a pair of woman's shoes for myself.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Although I found these at a Payless bargain table for $3 several seasons ago, tonight was the first time I’ve worn them out. There a white, round toe pump with a 4¼” stiletto heel (it even has a white heel tip). There is an ankle strap that fastens with a Velcro fastener. At the time, I bought them for the price, and I remember thinking, where would I ever where white heels but I’ve expanded my horizons a little and with summer’s heat fast approaching I might get a little more wear out of them. This will be a real departure for me because I really love to wear boots. I’ll see how it goes.

post-928-133522886805_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Nice find, TBG ;) While most of the people that are acquainted with you shopping at their establishments are used to seeing you dressed in a certain way, you're showing up wearing white stiletto pumps will be a real eye opener for them. I wonder what kind of reaction you'll get when they see them. Extra care will have to be taken in order to appear coordinated rather than just another guy wandering around wearing high heels....:-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Radiodave, Noticed you purchase at Forever21 and was curious what that store was like. When I went to Bakers to pick up my "Carey" shoes I walked past a Forever21 store just a few doors away and saw some cute wedges from a distance. How were their sizes and their service?? I think we're all looking for new places to look for, try on, and buy heels. So far I have bought girl's shoe or boots in person (and in plain guy mode) at Target,SkyscraperHeels in Chicago, Bakers,Payless, and Maya's in Los Angeles when I was out there in 2003. Add to that a new place I just found, Mr. Shoe, in Milwaukee. It is great to find new places that are eager to engage ALL customers.

Radiodave,

Noticed you purchase at Forever21 and was curious what that store was like. ....

I looked at their online site, they have some cute styles.

One question: on most of their shoes, it's listed like:

- 3.5" heel breast x 5.25" back heel height

I'm assuming the "back heel height" is exactly that - height measured at the back of the heel. But what is "heel breast"? I'm thinking maybe it's the measurement at the front of the heel, but the difference (1.75" in the example above) seems a bit much.