Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Well, the Weitzman's showed up. Ended up getting Fever in brown croc. Still not cheap at $160, but for once, I wanted to try out a more high end heel. Gorgeous, just beautiful. But... everything you heard about Weitzman's being incredibly narrow - believe it. I ordered them in 11W (normally take an 11 in a heel), and yeowch, they were a tight squeeze. A few coats of water on the inside, a few walks, they're getting better. Don't know that I'd ever work up the nerve to wear these in public, talk about attention getters...

Great pair. Very good heel height without looking excessively feminine (for those looking for a more passable pair of heels). A shame the heels couldn't be a bit quieter though.

No problem at all, i started to like that sound very much :winkiss: Have been out with these several times now, to various places, and only a very few people seem to notice, despite the sound.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Picked up a pair of these for me from Matalan but couldn't find a smaller 5 for the O/H. She's jealous again! very comfy, nice height. last of them have gone as the season has changed Al

post-14144-133522883956_thumb.jpg

Though I have been doing a lot of shoe shopping recently, I haven't done a lot of shoe BUYING. Here are my three most recent purchases: Nine West "Fredita" platform sandals in brown and orange. I bought these a couple of weeks back and have been dying to take them out for a spin. I plan to wear them with long flare jeans. Nine West "Appleaday" loafers in black. I bought these for under the radar, but they do have a tiny heel just for fun. I wore these out already with black dress trousers. Bass "Norra" Mary Janes in brown. Found these on the clearance rack. Again a low heel to diversify my collection a bit more.

post-5655-133522884219_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522884222_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522884224_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Though I have been doing a lot of shoe shopping recently, I haven't done a lot of shoe BUYING. Here are my three most recent purchases:

Nine West "Fredita" platform sandals in brown and orange. I bought these a couple of weeks back and have been dying to take them out for a spin. I plan to wear them with long flare jeans.

Nine West "Appleaday" loafers in black. I bought these for under the radar, but they do have a tiny heel just for fun. I wore these out already with black dress trousers.

Bass "Norra" Mary Janes in brown. Found these on the clearance rack. Again a low heel to diversify my collection a bit more.

Nice! Like the sandals too. :winkiss:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of sandals that were a bit of a "white whale" for me. I had seen these at three different Macy's, but each time I was assured that they didn't come in an 11 by sales associates. I am not sure if they just didn't want to look or if they were right. Anyway, I found them today and jumped on them. They are "Hudson" by Report Footwear, which is a new brand for me. They are black with blue stitching and have a nice platform sole and a pretty thick heel, at least for me. The only thing I don't like about them is that they have a floral print on the insole, but otherwise I think they are a great sandal for a guy. I hope the weather turns for the better soon so I can wear them out.

post-5655-133522884946_thumb.jpg

...I hope the weather turns for the better soon so I can wear them out.

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

Very nice sandals and perfect style for summer !

BTW, don't worry about the floral print. It is almost invisible.

(Wondering why you worry about the floral print but you don't worry about the fact they are high heels...)

Me too, can't wait for warmer temperature to wear my new gladiator's sandals :winkiss:

BTW, don't worry about the floral print. It is almost invisible.

(Wondering why you worry about the floral print but you don't worry about the fact they are high heels...)

A valid point that is well taken! One of those funny logical contradictions ...

No more worries here! :winkiss:

Very nice Dave! I love the cork wedge on those as well as the peep toe. Great summer shoes.

I agree! Great summer shoes indeed! Even though I've never been a fan of the wedge, those shoes do look cool!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I picked up a pair of Dexter Kent T-Strap sandals from Payless last weekend and stopped back in on Saturday evening to pick up two pairs of Fioni Hoodie Sandals. All of them fit very well, despite being two different sizes (13W in Dexter and 12W in Fioni).

post-14114-133522885323_thumb.jpg

post-14114-133522885327_thumb.jpg

post-14114-13352288533_thumb.jpg

Just picked these up from Payless. American Eagle "Karter".

Very comfortable, and I like that they aren't noisy.

I agree with others as well. Very nice wedge perfect for summer time :winkiss:

Will you wear them with jeans, shorts or maybe capri's ?

Do they tend to "slip out" of your feet while walking ?

I agree with others as well. Very nice wedge perfect for summer time :winkiss:

Will you wear them with jeans, shorts or maybe capri's ?

Do they tend to "slip out" of your feet while walking ?

Thanks! I'll probably wear them with jeans. They don't slip at all, and seem to go with jeans quite well.:silly:

I have bought 2 new pairs both from evans. The courts / pumps I havent worn in public yet as they are 5" with 1/2" platform. the Patent Oxfords I have worn to the cinema on several occasions with a 4" steel tipped heel. Andi

post-6303-133522885671_thumb.jpg

post-6303-133522885673_thumb.jpg

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

I have bought those luxurious Python high heel sandals from "Les baisers des étoiles".

The heel high is 13 cm, very slim 4 mm, in size 41.

Very nice sandals. I like the style. The thin heel is amazing !

Très belles sandales. J'aime le style. Le talon étroit est incroyable !

I have bought 2 new pairs both from evans.

The courts / pumps I havent worn in public yet as they are 5" with 1/2" platform. the Patent Oxfords I have worn to the cinema on several occasions with a 4" steel tipped heel.

Andi

Was just looking at these on the website - think they are super. Have you also tried New Look, they now seem to do a limited range in size 9 and wide fit.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels