Who has bought some new shoes

gj

24 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

They look like they would be very stable as well - which is probably why they aer comfortable.

The stiletto heels are (for once) the proper shape and in the correct position, which doubtless makes all the difference in stability and comfort in walking, quite apart from enhancing the appearance.

15 hours ago, MartaGanz said:

Hello.

New acquisition. They are like patent, from ZARA, and despite the fact that they do not reach 5 inches/12.7 cm (4.5/11.5), the shape of the heel seems very elegant to me and they are also very comfortable.

Ready for Christmas Eve, with crimson pants and ivory turtleneck or a long silver sequined dress.

Greetings.

Acharolados.jpg

Send a pic of the outfit of the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MartaGanz said:

Hello.

New acquisition. They are like patent, from ZARA, and despite the fact that they do not reach 5 inches/12.7 cm (4.5/11.5), the shape of the heel seems very elegant to me and they are also very comfortable.

Ready for Christmas Eve, with crimson pants and ivory turtleneck or a long silver sequined dress.

Greetings.

Acharolados.jpg

Perfect pumps, I always prefer the heel shaped like these. Used to pumps were always this way. They aren't any higher but most modern styles use straight heels from the back to give the illusion of more height. This style is better balanced for stability and durability. 

• Like 2

Agreed! Straight heels from the back is technically an aberration! 
No need to wonder why so many women find walking in heels impossible. That would never have happened when high heels , sometimes very extreme, were manufactured by real experienced shoemakers. 

• Like 2

While I find the more forward heel placement to be way more aesthetically pleasing, I have found that personally, heel placement is not a factor when it comes to how easy it is to walk in a given pair of shoes. Well, it might be a factor, but it's not THE factor. As an example, the setback heeled ankle boots pictured here are much easier to walk in than either of the shoes pictured next to them, even though they are the least attractive of the three. All three are approximately the same steepness, about 4 1/2" on a size 9 U.S.  I have examples that go the other way, as well. For me, anyway, heel placement does not seem to matter that much. Where it DOES matter is going down the stairs. One has to be much more careful not to catch a heel with the setback design.

Setback.thumb.jpg.f4c2126b71da8697355c22ccb3357d31.jpg

• Like 3

I still believe that a setback heel makes the walk more difficult.At least for me.  Maybe not the only factor. What we all agree is that setback heels are more dangerous when going down the stairs. 
Aesthetically it just depends on the general design. Setback heels are more in fashion nowadays. 

• Like 1

tina : I do not have heels like these (shown in your photo) but I like them. Cannot understand JKrenzer saying your new high heels are ugly. If it is the platform, he dislikes we all should look at models who are displaying platforms that are eight inches or higher. This forum is called -- High Heel Place -- so high heels should be the sole subject of our interest. Why doesn't - Tech - limit members of this membership to people who only wear 4" heels and higher. This crap about people buying NEW shoes with only a 2" heel is crap. Mike5a89ad2c11bbd_DSCF5186(1).thumb.JPG.5c93838a2ddd6007db54aef66d4ea63c.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/11/2022 at 2:04 AM, Pierre1961 said:

I still believe that a setback heel makes the walk more difficult.At least for me.  Maybe not the only factor. What we all agree is that setback heels are more dangerous when going down the stairs. 
Aesthetically it just depends on the general design. Setback heels are more in fashion nowadays. 

On 12/10/2022 at 7:07 AM, mlroseplant said:

While I find the more forward heel placement to be way more aesthetically pleasing, I have found that personally, heel placement is not a factor when it comes to how easy it is to walk in a given pair of shoes. Well, it might be a factor, but it's not THE factor. As an example, the setback heeled ankle boots pictured here are much easier to walk in than either of the shoes pictured next to them, even though they are the least attractive of the three. All three are approximately the same steepness, about 4 1/2" on a size 9 U.S.  I have examples that go the other way, as well. For me, anyway, heel placement does not seem to matter that much. Where it DOES matter is going down the stairs. One has to be much more careful not to catch a heel with the setback design.

Setback.thumb.jpg.f4c2126b71da8697355c22ccb3357d31.jpg

Oh OK.  So the black ankle boots have "set back heels"??  I was thinking just the opposite, disregard my comments that follow.  This setback heel design look is my favorite, and I think they are easier for me to walk in as well.  

Just deleted my other comment

Edited by pebblesf
correction

The shoes presented here are very unlikely to offend anyone, but neither are they likely to really excite anyone. Somehow or other, these slipped through the cracks when I first got them as far as posting them here, so technically they are not new shoes, even to me.

We have some round toed Cole Haan pumps in size 9 with a 4 1/2" heel and a 5/8" platform, netting an effective steepness of 3 7/8". Which makes them very easy to wear and live with. The heel itself is 3/4" thick and the one nod to complication or flash is that the heel does feature a snakeskin printed covering, which I believe is actual leather. I've no idea what these went for when they were new, but they appear to be all-leather, including the sole. I paid a whopping $26 for them, plus shipping.

I didn't actually step out of them when I wore them the other day, even wearing hosiery, but it's a dodgy proposition. I could see where it could happen. Worn barefoot, this problem does not exist.

ColeHaanPumpCloseup.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The shoes presented here are very unlikely to offend anyone, but neither are they likely to really excite anyone. Somehow or other, these slipped through the cracks when I first got them as far as posting them here, so technically they are not new shoes, even to me.

We have some round toed Cole Haan pumps in size 9 with a 4 1/2" heel and a 5/8" platform, netting an effective steepness of 3 7/8". Which makes them very easy to wear and live with. The heel itself is 3/4" thick and the one nod to complication or flash is that the heel does feature a snakeskin printed covering, which I believe is actual leather. I've no idea what these went for when they were new, but they appear to be all-leather, including the sole. I paid a whopping $26 for them, plus shipping.

I didn't actually step out of them when I wore them the other day, even wearing hosiery, but it's a dodgy proposition. I could see where it could happen. Worn barefoot, this problem does not exist.

ColeHaanPumpCloseup.jpg

Those would be my 'all the time' pumps. I like them a lot.

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

ColeHaanPumpCloseup.jpg

I recently got a pair of those, but the heel is sorta an alligator look. Have not fallen in love with them but they are comfortable.

I just ordered a pair of Jimmy Choo’s off Therealreal. I’ve been very happy with the comfort of JC, and the 80% off msrp of TRR. 

2A95E16E-47E7-46B5-B388-2D850A459137.jpeg

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

Went shopping and dropped by DSW to try on some shoes. Ended up with these two pairs. 

I needed a new pair of black pumps and the Jessica Simpson shoes fit really well in a sz 12. I find her brand typically runs too narrow for my feet most of the time. 

The Madden Girl shoes are a sz 11 and are snug but not uncomfortable. So I wore them to an outdoor mall that I needed to stop at to break them in. I only needed to visit two stores there. But they were comfortable enough that I browsed a few others as well. I got a compliment from one of the young ladies in one of the stores that I stopped in. At one point the buckle on one shoe started to rub and the block heel took a bit of getting used to. 

I was actually going to wear the JS shoes around the outdoor mall but even though the fit was perfect there was a bit of slippage at the heel as I walked from my vehicle so I went back and changed. I'll have to try some inserts for some grip on the back of my heel. 

unaa-platform-pump.jpg 720w,.jpg

465047_001_ss_01.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Peeptoe said:

Went shopping and dropped by DSW to try on some shoes. Ended up with these two pairs. 

I needed a new pair of black pumps and the Jessica Simpson shoes fit really well in a sz 12. I find her brand typically runs too narrow for my feet most of the time. 

The Madden Girl shoes are a sz 11 and are snug but not uncomfortable. So I wore them to an outdoor mall that I needed to stop at to break them in. I only needed to visit two stores there. But they were comfortable enough that I browsed a few others as well. I got a compliment from one of the young ladies in one of the stores that I stopped in. At one point the buckle on one shoe started to rub and the block heel took a bit of getting used to. 

I was actually going to wear the JS shoes around the outdoor mall but even though the fit was perfect there was a bit of slippage at the heel as I walked from my vehicle so I went back and changed. I'll have to try some inserts for some grip on the back of my heel. 

unaa-platform-pump.jpg 720w,.jpg

465047_001_ss_01.jpeg

I often have the same problem with pumps. I don't think my heels are unusually narrow, but I tend to step right out of them in the real world, especially if I am wearing hosiery of any sort. And speaking of the real world, what you experienced is what I've been preaching for 10 years. Once you step out of that car and walk across the parking lot, all them dishes you washed while wearing heels, all of the floors you mopped, all that vacuuming you did, it don't mean a thing. Mainly because it ain't got that swing.

• Like 1

So, turns out these are nearly brand new. Almost no wear on the sole’s, so plenty of life left in them. One aspect of the ankle strap I didn’t think of was that they hold your ankle in standing heel position when not standing, much like boots do. I am not complaining.

116B4F6B-9EAC-4727-BF20-0F34246A4741.jpeg

• Like 6

(formerly known as "JimC")

I like ankle strap shoes.  I have several pairs, they look very classy....  sf

Edited by SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

16 hours ago, SF said:

I like ankle strap shoes.  I have several pairs, they look very classy....  sf

To my mind, any ankle strap shouts 'feminine' even more loudly than a high heel usually does. 

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

To my mind, any ankle strap shouts 'feminine' even more loudly than a high heel usually does. 

Fine with me. I have many, t-straps and slings too. Call me a femme shoe lover and wearer all you want, fine with me.

I have not had any luck at DSW the past few years in finding larger sizes.  At least at the stores.  Most everything there stops at size 10.  I like trying on the shoes in person.   Merry Christmas all.....    sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1 hour ago, SF said:

I have not had any luck at DSW the past few years in finding larger sizes.  At least at the stores.  Most everything there stops at size 10.  I like trying on the shoes in person.   Merry Christmas all.....    sf

I'm waiting for the after Christmas sales. 😀

1 hour ago, SF said:

Luckily, even though I live in a small town, I can drive an hour in any direction and find a larger city to shop in. So I use the app to pre plan my trip. There usually aren't a lot of in store options but it's nice to check out what's in store before going. 

I typically find more options in shoe store chains than I do in clothing stores like Macy's or Dillard's. 

11 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Fine with me. I have many, t-straps and slings too. Call me a femme shoe lover and wearer all you want, fine with me.

I don't post much because I am in agreement with you. I only own pointy toe stilettos... what most would call very feminine high heels.... but they are what brings me happiness.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SF said:

I've noticed at the dsw near me that for the past year they have been carrying up to size 11 now!

I find that the two DSW stores near me do carry some size 11, which is my size and an ocassional i2 on the discount rack that may be a return from someone. If I really want a certain style in my size I have to order it on-line with free shipping to the store.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1