Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 5/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, maninpumps said:

Are they faux wood or real wood ? They look awesome and I like the bow . Great find !

Real wood! I have several pairs of real wooden heels, and I rather like them. The only downside is that real wood ones to have a great tendency to be really, really loud. The composite fake wood ones tend to be much quieter. I don't mind being a little loud, but there's a fine line between happy clacking and obnoxious.

14 hours ago, RonC said:

Personally, I can't even imagine trying to walk in those.  Yes, I would try them around the house and probably enjoy the experience, but I doubt I would ever adventure out in them.  Way beyond my capabilities.  But then, I am not the high heel pro you are ml.  You can blow away probably 90% of the female population when it comes to walking in heels.

Hold on there, Ron! I think you are giving more credit than what is due! I didn't actually say that I could actually walk in them, I just said that they were somewhat easier than my other D&G. I don't think either pair is going to get a trip to the grocery store anytime soon.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Hold on there, Ron! I think you are giving more credit than what is due! I didn't actually say that I could actually walk in them, I just said that they were somewhat easier than my other D&G. I don't think either pair is going to get a trip to the grocery store anytime soon.

Some of the shoes that you've said you've done 2+ miles in most women wouldn't even consider walking farther than from the car to the restaurant in (or a short distance to wherever they are going.  I doubt there are many woman that walk two miles in any type of heel at all, much less the 4"-4+" heels you've done your miles in.  I wasn't necessarily indicating that you were going two miles in those heels, but that simply being able to be mobile in a heel like that is likely beyond most women of the world.

mlroseplant : So your saying you grocery shop in your bear feet ? I would never shop in anything less than 5.5 " high heels . The only time I see my bear feet is when I shower . mikeDSCF4008.thumb.JPG.7f3ee03c19cb11dad67a05957b8c5b5d.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, spikesmike said:

mlroseplant : So your saying you grocery shop in your bear feet ? I would never shop in anything less than 5.5 " high heels . The only time I see my bear feet is when I shower . mikeDSCF4008.thumb.JPG.7f3ee03c19cb11dad67a05957b8c5b5d.JPG

Being as I'm human, and not a bear, I would say no. If I had bear feet, as you seem to indicate that you do (suffering to see them in the shower), I'd hide them most of the time as well! :wink:

• Haha 2

I have reached a new milestone, if you can call it that. I have had two pairs of the identical model shoes in different colors. I've even have three pairs of one particular model. I've bought direct, identical replacements for shoes before. However, this is the first time I've ever owned 4 pairs of identical shoes. And I'd already broken one of them, otherwise it would be 5.

Back when I found this model, BCBGirls Bonny, many years ago, I had no idea that it would become my favorite shoe. I often wondered what I would do when I wore out the pair I had. I searched high and low and finally found a replacement pair, and I think I paid $75 for it, getting uncomfortably close to what they would have cost new a number of years ago. Right after I bought my second pair, another pair popped up out of the blue in my size for much cheaper. I thought, "What the heck?" and bought those also.

Then I broke one pair, so I was down to two again. Wouldn't you know, two more pair popped up on ebay, and for really, really cheap, like $17 cheap. So anyway, now I have 4 pairs, which ought to last me 'til I'm 64.

Bonnyx4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I have reached a new milestone, if you can call it that. I have had two pairs of the identical model shoes in different colors. I've even have three pairs of one particular model. I've bought direct, identical replacements for shoes before. However, this is the first time I've ever owned 4 pairs of identical shoes. And I'd already broken one of them, otherwise it would be 5.

Back when I found this model, BCBGirls Bonny, many years ago, I had no idea that it would become my favorite shoe. I often wondered what I would do when I wore out the pair I had. I searched high and low and finally found a replacement pair, and I think I paid $75 for it, getting uncomfortably close to what they would have cost new a number of years ago. Right after I bought my second pair, another pair popped up out of the blue in my size for much cheaper. I thought, "What the heck?" and bought those also.

Then I broke one pair, so I was down to two again. Wouldn't you know, two more pair popped up on ebay, and for really, really cheap, like $17 cheap. So anyway, now I have 4 pairs, which ought to last me 'til I'm 64.

Bonnyx4.jpg

Watch out buddy, hording heels;-)

• Haha 2

I like those mules / slide sandals, very nice.  I learned (from my wife) many years ago that when you find a pair of heels that you are really, really fond of, get two pair (at least) ‘cause you may never see them again.  Good advice that I have followed a few times...  Have fun...

• Like 4

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

17 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Watch out buddy, hording heels;-)

Well, my wifes record is 8 pairs of the same heels, but different colours. She liked them because they were comfy and colourful:

SH308.thumb.jpg.72350820d235c4e32187b9e03d641b6d.jpg

• Like 6

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

Mr Bluejay......  Nice sandals, really like the platino color, classy....  Enjoy your new sandals.  I like Nine West shoes.I have a few pair myself that I really enjoy.  Have fun.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Posted in the Binging tpis as well, 3 pair of the same heels from Hey Si Mey. Cant get over how well balanced this brand is, heels not being all the way back is such a plus. These look a bit further back but it's really due to the 14cm height. Without a doubt my maximum elevation on a single soled pump. Have worn the red pair to run a few errands, much smaller steps than even my 13cm pumps. That last little bit makes a huge difference in stride. These are at the max for me.

hey si mey.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, Isolathor said:

Well, my wifes record is 8 pairs of the same heels, but different colours. She liked them because they were comfy and colourful:

SH308.thumb.jpg.72350820d235c4e32187b9e03d641b6d.jpg

Sehr geiles Bild, cool arrangiert und dazwischen, einfach so, die Frau.

Perfekt

Grüsse

chrigu

• Like 1

I bought this pair on Threadup.  Enzo Angiolini Sandria in size 11.  They fit me pretty well and I think they will be comfortable, but given the style, it's unlikely that I will wear them out and about.  I will enjoy them at home though.

See the source image

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RonC said:

I bought this pair on Threadup.  Enzo Angiolini Sandria in size 11.  They fit me pretty well and I think they will be comfortable, but given the style, it's unlikely that I will wear them out and about.  I will enjoy them at home though.

See the source image

The image link is lost

They were a previously owned pair and are no longer available at retail, which is likely why there is no link with the photo.  I think I paid $16 on Threadup.  The heels are a bit on the low side for you @Jkrenzer :cool:.  They are about 3.75 inches in this size 11 shoe.  For being previously owned, they are in excellent condition - look they they were rarely worn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice pumps indeed, a must have for every one!

Today I bought those sandals, as summer is coming

mini_21062407472822178917473967.jpg

mini_21062407472722178917473966.jpg

Do you think one can wear hosiery with opentoe sandals? 

I think so 

mini_21062407472822178917473967.jpgIMG_20210625_090302.thumb.jpg.b80f19dc590717d56104a771605c9c85.jpg

Edited by Bootslover29
  • Like 5

Those appear to be opaque, which seems to be considered acceptable in the fashion world.  Personally, I think hose are fine with open shoes, but it is considered a faux pas in the fashion world.  I grew up in the world when hose were always worn with dress shoes, whether they were open toe or sandals.  It's mainly been in the last 15-20 years that hosiery and open shoes became a no-no.

• Like 1

The word "can" is easy. Certain you can.  But should you? I have seen both, even between members on this site.  I agree with @RonC, it use to always wear hose, but I never do.

For one thing I hardly have any visible hair on my legs; its gone form dark black to clear.

• Like 1

I posted back in May, 2019 that I bought these sandals for $19.95, regular $168. I said at the time I wouldn't have much chance to wear them but recently I have had several opportunities, just around the house. The 5" heel took a little getting used to but all is fine now. These are the highest and most feminine shoes I own.

365213669_Heels1LR.thumb.jpeg.008efa886216175a79bf5edaef95e6c2.jpeg675110847_Heels2LR.thumb.jpeg.1947279a02460ed53fb3f57d3e25e9de.jpeg

• Like 9

On 6/28/2021 at 11:19 AM, CHRISPAP said:

Do you think one can wear hosiery with opentoe sandals? For me now, I don't like it but everyone does what they want

I am one of those people who are of the opinion that hosiery should never be worn with open toe shoes, and especially not full blown sandals, though as Ron C noted, this was done regularly years ago, and sometimes even with reinforced toe hosiery. Even as a kid, I thought this looked odd.

However.  .  . my friend and shoe buddy prefers to wear hosiery with shorts and short skirts for dressier occasions, because the skin on her legs, if you look very closely, is riddled with imperfections. You can't notice it unless you look very carefully up close. I don't really know how to describe it without closeup pictures, but I can understand why she prefers to cover the blemishes with hosiery. She has specialized hosiery for such occasions which do not encase the entire foot, and leaves the toes bare. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think it's a good compromise for her.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:54 AM, mlroseplant said:

I am one of those people who are of the opinion that hosiery should never be worn with open toe shoes, and especially not full blown sandals, though as Ron C noted, this was done regularly years ago, and sometimes even with reinforced toe hosiery. Even as a kid, I thought this looked odd.

However.  .  . my friend and shoe buddy prefers to wear hosiery with shorts and short skirts for dressier occasions, because the skin on her legs, if you look very closely, is riddled with imperfections. You can't notice it unless you look very carefully up close. I don't really know how to describe it without closeup pictures, but I can understand why she prefers to cover the blemishes with hosiery. She has specialized hosiery for such occasions which do not encase the entire foot, and leaves the toes bare. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think it's a good compromise for her.

I saw this kind of hosiery in a shop, but it was expensive and I didn't purchase. I have the same concern as your friend as removing legs hair leaves some visible small dots on the skin. The legs aspect is smoother with 15d hosiery.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, KrisSullivan said:

I posted back in May, 2019 that I bought these sandals for $19.95, regular $168. I said at the time I wouldn't have much chance to wear them but recently I have had several opportunities, just around the house. The 5" heel took a little getting used to but all is fine now. These are the highest and most feminine shoes I own.

365213669_Heels1LR.thumb.jpeg.008efa886216175a79bf5edaef95e6c2.jpeg675110847_Heels2LR.thumb.jpeg.1947279a02460ed53fb3f57d3e25e9de.jpeg

I love them!

On 7/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, Isolathor said:

The newest addition to the collection:

1563084979_O7041644_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.ed0f1cf62bedd06ea6be9b1e78197dfc.JPG

1426367881_O7041648_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.124a6dafa572927355e546f1bfcff002.JPG

266418439_O7041652_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.a377dbd2d585005b265089e8d6066a89.JPG

Gorgeous gardener with classy stilettos!