Who has bought some new shoes

gj

These  are my new Ugg, "Jennie" sandals, that I recently got, in blue.  I just love them. Very comfortable to wear. I paired them with a red polo shirt and a white mini skirt, for the 4th of July, holiday.

Happy Heeling, bluejay

http://www.shoebuy.com/ugg-jennie-t-strap-slide/772481/1637329?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-none

I finally managed to buy some new shoes after a long time, this time a little bit more colorful.

Unfortunately could only wear them once so far, but i already fell in love with them :D

What do you think?

pumps_rot_jeans_01.jpg

Edited by cgwm
wrong image attached :D
  • Like 8

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎04 at 11:54 AM, bnchmrk said:

They arrived...almost a month to the day. Size is a little snug but for casual wearing I think they will stretch a bit. Absolutely love the color and style.

20160704_122752~2.jpg

20160704_122526~2.jpg

They look fantastic!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

2 hours ago, cgwm said:

pumps_rot_jeans_01.jpg

Great outfit and really nice shoes!  Definitely not an outfit for a shy person to wear. :angel:

What to you pair it with on top?

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've had these shoes for a while but have never worn them but today I felt like wearing a little more than the flats I normally wear around the house.  These are Predictions "Kailey" pumps from Payless in a size 13 with  a 3 3/4" heel.  They are very comfortable.

GEDC0811.jpgGEDC0809.jpg

GEDC0810.jpg

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 6.7.2016 at 10:05 PM, Thighbootguy said:

Great outfit and really nice shoes!  Definitely not an outfit for a shy person to wear. :angel:

What to you pair it with on top?

Well i prefer a black shirt, not to use tooo much color :cheeky:

7 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

Received these today. They were a great deal. 6" heel with a 1.5" wrapped platform. 

20160711_131209~2.jpg

Gorgeous pair of platform pumps bnchmrk!!! Perfect for daily wear.

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

They are a made in China brand but brand new from a previous buyer. The protective coating was still on the bottom of the heels, never worn. How can you pass up a deal like $15.00. And only 15 bucks for shipping. They are very comfortable and fit right in with the rest of my skyhigh platforms.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2016 at 9:21 AM, Thighbootguy said:

I've had these shoes for a while but have never worn them but today I felt like wearing a little more than the flats I normally wear around the house.  These are Predictions "Kailey" pumps from Payless in a size 13 with  a 3 3/4" heel.  They are very comfortable.

GEDC0811.jpgGEDC0809.jpg

GEDC0810.jpg

Nice look Thighbootguy. I like it.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I've bought a couple new pairs as of late.  The first is a platform, almost wedge sandal.  Never did I think I'd buy a pair like this, as I really don't care much for platforms, and wedges either for that matter, but something drew me to them.  I thought they were a nice option for casual wear, like with a pair of jeans or shorts (not that I would ever wear them out with shorts - not my style - but they'd look good on a gal in shorts!).  Bought them at K-Mary - also available at Sears.  When price dropped to $15, I went for it. Size 11, which is often on the small side for me, fit pretty well.  I was drawn to the way these felt walking in them.  Very different from a spike heel for sure!

Second pair is a black t-strap heel from Dolce.  These I couldn't pass up for $10 at Shoe Department.  They are a size 12, and the heel is right about 4", even though I thought it was lower than that.  They are pretty comfortable as well, though I do notice that my foot tends to slide down into the rather sharp point of this shoe.  I love t-straps, so these were right uo my alley.

Capture.JPG

A Capture.JPG

The white sandals look great (and why not wear them with shorts).  The T-strap isn't my favorite style but the price certainly was right.

Enjoy your new shoes.

Thanks TBG.  However, I am a bit too old and out of shape to be even thinking about shorts and heels.  If that look wouldn't look good on a woman my age, it sure as hell wouldn't look good on me!

RonC,

I like the platform sandals, very much. I have several  pairs similar, with that type of heels. Some from Payless, Aerosoles and Comfortview. Yes, I do wear them with shorts, and sometimes with skirts, like JeffB does. I'm not a spring chicken either, but my women friends, all tell me that I look great wearing a skirt and shorts. Many say, that I have great looking legs for a guy, so why not show them off. Even my wife says that my legs look better, than, her's

As far as the pointy toe, t-strap, not my cup of tea. I don't like pointy toes, sling backs and similar styles. That's why there are so many flavors of heels, for women to wear and for us men to wear, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

On July 12, 2016 at 2:32 PM, RonC said:

Thanks TBG.  However, I am a bit too old and out of shape to be even thinking about shorts and heels.  If that look wouldn't look good on a woman my age, it sure as hell wouldn't look good on me!

Age ain't nothing but a number. Pay no attention to that and just wear what makes you feel good, regardless of how old you are. You only get one ride on the roller coaster called life, make the most of your trip while you can.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 15 July 2016 at 6:25 PM, Danvan1600 said:

Just a couple in my latest 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I won't be buying off this manufacturer again, a heel broke off these pumps tonight I've only had them a few weeks and not even walked in public in them :cry:

image.jpeg

It looks fixable. Try some fast setting epoxy, but wait 24 hours before wearing them to allow the glue to cure to it's hardest state.

If you're wearing those spikes on grass and they're sinking in more than an inch, then you're putting a lot of weight on the heel which isn't going straight down. It's leveraging the heel and bending it off the shoe. Shoes like that are not made for grass. Go to a sandy beach instead!

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve63130 said:

It looks fixable. Try some fast setting epoxy, but wait 24 hours before wearing them to allow the glue to cure to it's hardest state.

If you're wearing those spikes on grass and they're sinking in more than an inch, then you're putting a lot of weight on the heel which isn't going straight down. It's leveraging the heel and bending it off the shoe. Shoes like that are not made for grass. Go to a sandy beach instead!

Steve

Thanks I may try that before I bin them! Yeah it was one of those wrong place wrong time moments, that was awhile ago but I suppose it will have weakened them as they were sinking a lot to be fair 

It's not as simple as that. Heels should be held in place with either 3 or 4 wood style screws that likely ripping the threads from the coresponding plastic. If they are at all decent there will be steel last under the insole that forms the shape of the rise and keeps the screw heads from pulling through. Glue is added but the real strength revolves around the mechanical attachments. 

And, yah you're putting way to much torque on them in the soft grass only made worse due to the platforms. 

14 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

It's not as simple as that. Heels should be held in place with either 3 or 4 wood style screws that likely ripping the threads from the coresponding plastic. If they are at all decent there will be steel last under the insole that forms the shape of the rise and keeps the screw heads from pulling through. Glue is added but the real strength revolves around the mechanical attachments. 

And, yah you're putting way to much torque on them in the soft grass only made worse due to the platforms. 

Yeah there doesn't look to be much holding it on under there to be honest, I have a pair of pleaser 5 inch heels that have been worn to the absolute death for 3 years without re tipping and they are still strong as an ox, I know pleaser aren't the best either but they have seen some wear!

18 hours ago, Danvan1600 said:

Yeah there doesn't look to be much holding it on under there to be honest, I have a pair of pleaser 5 inch heels that have been worn to the absolute death for 3 years without re tipping and they are still strong as an ox, I know pleaser aren't the best either but they have seen some wear!

Pleaser's are built for adult entertainment, men and women and other than some occasional issues with straps and other flimsy detailing they actually have very sturdy all aroind construction.