Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 5/5/2016 at 8:31 AM, Thighbootguy said:

This is a pair of Diba East "Tina".  They have a 5" heel and a 3/4" platform and are my favorite shoes in the whole collection.  They fit like a dream are very comfortable to wear for long periods.

GEDC0604.jpg

GEDC0605.jpg

I wore these sandals today with hose and a long black dress (see below) and a short black leather jacket out and about today.  I went to the post office then on to Sams.  As I was leaving Sams I got a "love your shoes" comment from a passing lady.

These are a pair of unnamed single sole black pumps in a 13W with a 5 1/2" stiletto heel from the @maninpumpscollection.  For me, any pointed closed toe under a 14 is a little cramped so these may not be for too much out and about wearing.  This is most worn pair of shoes in the whole collection.  I suspect their former owner had a lot of fun with them.

GEDC0611.jpg

GEDC0613.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

13 hours ago, maninpumps said:

Thighbootguy , 

The 13W pumps are from Sexy Shoes from back in the mid to late 90s .  I only wore those around the house/apt like a practice shoe . 

...MIP

I have mentioned my left foot is a little bigger than my right foot, so I put a bit of a strain on the left shoe which caused the sole to detach in the front (see the picture above).  I decided to go ahead and detach the top of the shoe from the inner lining (which had Pleaser stamped on it) and reassemble the toe area with a little more room.  After putting the shoe back together with some epoxy, I now have a comfortable pair of Pleaser's model 8034 in a 13W with 5 1/2" stiletto heels (who knew there was such a thing).

These are Brash Kosmic in Red suede in a 12W with a 5 1/2" stiletto on a 1 1/4" platform from the @maninpumpscollection.  They almost look like MIP's avitar.  Once I was able to get them on, they are surprisingly comfortable.

GEDC0620.jpg

GEDC0621.jpg

Edited by Thighbootguy
added red pumps
  • Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very nice, and they look like a comfortable fit also. 

Looks like @Danvan1600 has found a good way to "get up in the world".

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1

Thanks thighbootguy yes they are quite comfortable considering there still new, be along while before I brave them in public as I haven't worn any heels out accept down quiet lanes at night :(

2 hours ago, Danvan1600 said:

Thanks thighbootguy yes they are quite comfortable considering there still new, be along while before I brave them in public as I haven't worn any heels out accept down quiet lanes at night :(

Ah, now that you have the "up in the world" part of it mastered, now it's time for the "out in the world" part.  But I'll admit, shiny black patten leather stilettos with 5 1/2" heels are a lot to wear out and about. 

Although this is counter to most people's thinking (unless they go out wearing heels a lot), quiet lanes at night are not the best place to go heeling. Pick some place where there are lots of liberal mined people.  It really is a lot safer.  Yeah, some people will notice (especially with 5 1/2" heels), and you will stand above the crowd, but that is part of the fun.  And you will be surprised at how few people do notice, especially if you wear your heels with confidence.

Practice, practice, and practice walking in those heels until you can do it smoothly and with confidence.  Put together an outfit that you like, even if it is just long jeans that covers most of the heel.  Make sure you like the look you're presenting, then take those great looking heels out for a stroll.

Thanks for the advice yeah I understand the advantages of being in a more public place, I do have a pair of just under 4 inch pumps further up in this thread that are not patent and a lot more casual looking which are really comfortable 

I wore the red suede pumps with the 6" stiletto heels out and about today.  I stopped in my favorite thrift store and walked through Sam's.  Along the way I got three versions of "Ohhh.. Nice shoes", a "You walk like a model", and a "If you got em flaunt em".  All in all a good outing.

GEDC0623.jpg

Today's shoes from the @maninpumps collection are a pair of Hot Tomato "Derricka"  wedge sandals.  The wedge is 6" and tapers to a 1 3/4" platform.  The shoes are quite comfortable to wear.  The heel tapers down to a 1" so the shoes are like walking on a 6" narrow block heel with all the inherent potential forgoing over sideways.

GEDC0625.jpg

GEDC0626.jpg

• Like 4

Good heavens! More wedge sandals from TBG! Color me suitably impressed!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

@maninpumpsreally did (probably still does) like HIGH heels.  This pair are Hot Tomato "Makayla" in a 12M with 6" heels and a 2" platform.  The heel tip width is about 1" so the shoe is reasonable stable, but with any heel that high they are meant for walking on flat surfaces.  A misstep would do severe damage to your ankle.

GEDC0627.jpg

GEDC0629.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Today's shoes from the @maninpumps collection are a pair of Hot Tomato "Derricka"  wedge sandals.  The wedge is 6" and tapers to a 1 3/4" platform.  The shoes are quite comfortable to wear.  The heel tapers down to a 1" so the shoes are like walking on a 6" narrow block heel with all the inherent potential forgoing over sideways.

GEDC0625.jpg

Now that is more like what I might wear out and about, but I still like the flare style jeans with them. Not so sure me and skinnies in public will look right - - - but we will see sometime.

Been kind of partial to wedges and a bit chunky heels for outings when I get the opportunity, and I still like platforms over single sole for comfort. 

Edited by Heelster

3 hours ago, Heelster said:

Now that is more like what I might wear out and about, but I still like the flare style jeans with them. Not so sure me and skinnies in public will look right - - - but we will see sometime.

Been kind of partial to wedges and a bit chunky heels for outings when I get the opportunity, and I still like platforms over single sole for comfort. 

@Heelster, Let me know when your back in the Cincinnati area... "such a deal I have for you".

Edited by Thighbootguy

These finally came. To my surprise...I found out that I ordered the wrong color. Thought I ordered fushia and realized I ordered light pink. Still I like them and decided to keep them.

20160514_215035~2.jpg

• Like 1

A little over a week ago, I got an email from DSW that a pair of heeled sandals I had found attractive and put on my wish list (but totally forgot about) was now on clearance for $50, plus I had a $10 coupon, so for $40 I thought it was a good deal and made the purchase. That was last Friday, the shoes arrived on Tuesday (great service) and I put them on the minute I got the package. The fit was perfect and there was absolutely no break-in time needed. The sandals are B.O.C. (Born on Concept - part of Born Shoes) "Emmeline." Here is the link:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/b.o.c.+emmeline+san dal?prodId=349916

I bought them in brown, size 11. That very evening, after having them on the entire day (and even baptizing them in a downpour!) I wrote a review. It took until this morning (Saturday) to post it, but they posted it as I wrote it, along with a photo of me wearing them. While this is only a 2 5/8" heel, not very high, it's a sandal I can wear everywhere, including to a casual dinner party this evening with friends of ours. I wore them with sheer nude knee highs and white bootcut women's jeans. If anybody noticed, they didn't say anything.

Here's the text of the review:

"I've always loved Born shoes - great quality! These needed no break-in period. The straps are perfectly positioned - no chafing, the arch is in the right place, the heel on Size 11 is 2 5/8 inches, the heel strap has an elastic piece for comfortable stretch, there is an adjustable buckle, an adequate amount of padding, they have non-slip soles, and they look just great! I love shoes with a modest heel and have quite a few from DSW. My wife likes my "fashion forward" choices, too!"

BOC Emmeline brown.jpg

BOC Emmeline brown 2.JPG

emmeline 3.jpg

• Like 1

This is a pair of Sam Edleman leather shoes with a 6" heel and a 1 3/4" platform from the @maninpumpscollection.  I hope the leather will stretch a bit because they are currently very tight.

GEDC0635.jpg

GEDC0636.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/8/2016 at 3:42 PM, CAT said:

My latest addition to my collection.  Luichiny Mind Blowing Purple Snake. 

image.jpg

THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!! Amazon has them in size 11.....GAAH! I'm so tempted haha. I love the gold heel on them!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lvemadomina said:

THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!! Amazon has them in size 11.....GAAH! I'm so tempted haha. I love the gold heel on them!

The are fantabulous.  They come in a green like the purple in the pics. I'm ordering those.  I have them in red black and taupe suede too !!!!!!  Almost a 5" heel and I was out in them for hours with no problem!

On 5/14/2016 at 11:00 AM, Thighbootguy said:

really did (probably still does) like HIGH heels.

Thighbootguy , I have even more heels and some higher than what I gave you . Yes , I do still love high heels . I have moved more to the wedge style . I just like the stability with them as you saw I am rather "fluffy" and I look better in wedge platforms . I hope to contact you again soon after I get done culling the herd ........yes , you read it right , I am getting rid of more . Same price as the first lot . LOL ! Great day everyone .

Edited by maninpumps

Here are the latest from the @maninpumpscollection.  These are Fioni "Kasbah" in a 12M with a 5" heel and a 1" platform.  By the way, the denim skirt in the picture has the same stud detail around the pockets as is on the shoes.

GEDC0672.jpg

GEDC0669.jpg

• Like 3

Just back from the Home Depot sporting my new Luichiny 5" heels. Thanks CAT these really are amazing heels and the comfort level is easily 9 out of 10. Luichiny hit a home run with this shoe, the heels are set inward and provide great balance making these very easy to walk in. These are the greenish version. After trying them on I splurged on the purple, taupe, black suede and blue denim. Highly recommended. I'm a little surprised Luichiny has made these in basic non stylized colors, sure hope they do.

They are all man made, but weight about 1/3rd more than most Chinese manufactured heels and after spending nearly 12 hours in them this last weekend they seem like they will last. They run true to size, even though Amazon says they run small. I bought the 11's and no issues. If they made a 10 1/2 I would think they would be even a slightly better fit. For reference in Nike athletic shoes I wear a men's size 9.

:)

P5220001.jpg

P5220002.jpg

• Like 5