Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I haven't but my friend Nikki bought "Ditassima 120's" She invited me round yesterday for coffee and was wearing them. I hadn't even heard about them.

She did it deliberately. I sincerely hope none of you have them!

Grr, I'm so furious I've written the word "them" too many times!

Amazing. The heels are very high and with the platform in size 10 they like a 5" heel. They are leather with a sexy black and white snake skin inner sole edging. I have a similar pair from Nine West but these are all around sexier and fit as good. Highly recommended.

Did a little shopping today. Finally tried the Sorel Joan Of Arctic Wedge in black at a Nordstroms. I really found them comfortable and struggled to come up with a reason not to buy them to tell the sales person (cannot afford $240 right now). Oh well. Hit a few outlets and finally found the Ash Thelma sneakers in black leather in my size! And at a price I can deal with now :)

post-289-0-01150600-1412710043_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

I Like them too. I just bought a similar pair in brown from the clearance rack at Payless. Big sale BOGO on clearance shoes, plus I had a 30% off coupon. The other pair is a pair of blue, espadrille, peep toe wedges. Got both pairs for $12.80 including tax. Another great buy from Payless.

Enjoy wearing your new wedges. I know that I will!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I actually like those wedge sandals. Im not a fan of platforms nor open toed shoes, but for some odd reason, those sandals seem to strike me as something I might consider wearing.

Kudos Loveit !

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi folks,

My favorite cheap shoe shop got some more shoes in my size, so i had to buy them :)

I thought they might match at least a little bit with my skinnies.

Greetings,

cgwm

post-19635-0-45490600-1413356500_thumb.j

Stopped by the Nine West shop on Miami' South Beach. Tried on the Coherent pump in black. The helpful sales girl made zero fuss after I said they were for me, and saw that I was wearing 3.5" pumps already. She said they were one of her favorite new models :)

I got them in 9.5, and with a 4.5" heel I am hoping they work out well.

post-289-0-71614200-1413828630_thumb.jpg

9 1/2!  Wow, it would cost me a fortune if I could wear that size!  Hard to find 12s. so I can't buy many!

Seriously, nice shoes!  I am very disappointed that the Nine West stores in my area are, for the most part, closing up shop.  The only two left are in outlet malls, and neither is carrying size 12s anymore.  Too bad, as they always have something I like but their size 11s just don;t fit me for the most part.  I am jealous!

Stopped by the Nine West shop on Miami' South Beach. Tried on the Coherent pump in black. The helpful sales girl made zero fuss after I said they were for me, and saw that I was wearing 3.5" pumps already. She said they were one of her favorite new models :)

I got them in 9.5, and with a 4.5" heel I am hoping they work out well.

Man.. Im gonna have to get to the NineWest store in the city and snag a pair of those!

Hows the fit?

Man.. Im gonna have to get to the NineWest store in the city and snag a pair of those!

Hows the fit?

Seem a little tighter in the toes then my usual picks, but snug, not painful. Trying to see if they break in before there are signs of wear. The straps will remove my issue of walking out of pumps. The jeans I wore with the 3.5" Ash pumps keep me from stepping out of them too ;)

Seem a little tighter in the toes then my usual picks, but snug, not painful. Trying to see if they break in before there are signs of wear. The straps will remove my issue of walking out of pumps. The jeans I wore with the 3.5" Ash pumps keep me from stepping out of them too ;)

I checked out the NineWest store tosay. Didnt have my size so they ordered a pair for me. Have to wait till friday for them. T3h Sux0rz! :(

I was browsing the sale in an Office store and found these peeptoe slingbacks:

post-12051-0-62714000-1413934960_thumb.jpost-12051-0-74622400-1413934970_thumb.jpost-12051-0-28029900-1413934981_thumb.j

I tried my size (UK7) in store. I was expecting that they'd fit too tight (and the next size up is usually too big) so I was pleasantly surprised that they fit a little snug but felt wearable and I really liked how they looked in the mirror so I bought them. The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout, and a customer who was sitting next to me when I tried them on said they looked gorgeous, which was really nice of her. If you make a little effort to smile, be polite and make people feel comfortable about seeing a guy wearing heels, they really can be very positive.

Anyway they still have them listed on the website in sizes UK 7 and 8:

http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,37/1330886265

and they have several other styles in a size UK 8 and even a few in a UK 9.

If you like it, wear it.

I was browsing the sale in an Office store and found these peeptoe slingbacks:

attachicon.gif8919399530526.jpgattachicon.gif8919399596062.jpgattachicon.gif8919399661598.jpg

I tried my size (UK7) in store. I was expecting that they'd fit too tight (and the next size up is usually too big) so I was pleasantly surprised that they fit a little snug but felt wearable and I really liked how they looked in the mirror so I bought them. The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout, and a customer who was sitting next to me when I tried them on said they looked gorgeous, which was really nice of her. If you make a little effort to smile, be polite and make people feel comfortable about seeing a guy wearing heels, they really can be very positive.

Anyway they still have them listed on the website in sizes UK 7 and 8:

http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,37/1330886265

and they have several other styles in a size UK 8 and even a few in a UK 9.

Very nice, SH! Any ideas as what to wear with those shoes?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Very nice, SH! Any ideas as what to wear with those shoes?

Well, in terms of trousers ( post-12051-0-59617500-1414018741.jpg stay with me Jeff !) I think they look good with skinny jeans and a white shirt and brown biker jacket, and I also have a pair of brown tailored trousers that I think would work well with a white shirt under a sandstone blazer.

As for skirts, when I tried the shoes on in store I was wearing the floral skirt I posted about a few days ago and the combination looked "ok" but not quite right. I'm thinking maybe my dark brown bodycon skirt and brown tshirt with a sandstone waterfall cardigan. It's quite casual but the heels would add a sharpness to it.

In any case I think I'd only wear these heels with bare legs (or at the very most maybe very sheer tights) so if these shoes do make an appearance over the winter it'll most likely be indoors and with trousers.

If you like it, wear it.

Well, in terms of trousers ( attachicon.gifsleep.jpg stay with me Jeff !) I think they look good with skinny jeans and a white shirt and brown biker jacket, and I also have a pair of brown tailored trousers that I think would work well with a white shirt under a sandstone blazer.

As for skirts, when I tried the shoes on in store I was wearing the floral skirt I posted about a few days ago and the combination looked "ok" but not quite right. I'm thinking maybe my dark brown bodycon skirt and brown tshirt with a sandstone waterfall cardigan. It's quite casual but the heels would add a sharpness to it.

In any case I think I'd only wear these heels with bare legs (or at the very most maybe very sheer tights) so if these shoes do make an appearance over the winter it'll most likely be indoors and with trousers.

Now, now, SH! Just because I stopped wearing jeans and pants on my outings doesn't mean I don't appreciate those who do!  :lmao:

The outfit you described with the skinny jeans would work perfectly with those slings, and I have no doubt you could pull it off. Still, shoes as dynamic as those demand to be fully seen, and that calls for a skirt, maybe a skirted business suit as I've seen women downtown sport similar shoes during the workday, though with not quite so high a heel. Good luck with your new purchase.

shoes as dynamic as those demand to be fully seen, and that calls for a skirt, maybe a skirted business suit as I've seen women downtown sport similar shoes during the workday, though with not quite so high a heel. Good luck with your new purchase.

That reminds me of a skirt suit I have, black with a sandstone pinstripe, which could work well with the heels, thanks for that :)

I wore the new heels today and ended up walking quite a distance in a large shopping mall. I've ended up with a couple of blisters under my toes. That's partly because the shoes fit just a little too tight, also because I did far too much walking and not enough sitting. On the plus side the shoes don't show any signs of damage where my toes were rubbing (the coloured part at the front that isn't covered by the insole). Maybe this is because the shoes are real leather whereas synthetic suedette can often damage a lot easier like that. The heels also have an elastic strap on the slingback but it looks fairly strurdy so with care it should last. I've had some far more fragile elastic straps that have barely lasted more than a few wearings on cheaper shoes so I tend to avoid buying slingbacks with elastic straps like that.

Anyway, after a first proper wearing of my new heels I'd rate the quality of the shoes/materials as pretty good.

If you like it, wear it.

Hey there, SH! Thanks for the report on the outing in your new shoes. Wearing heels in a shopping mall can be a dicey proposition, especially when it comes to floors polished to almost skating rink ice slickness. Did you encounter any problems with the floor? What sort of outfit did you wear with the shoes, and what, if any reactions did you get? Inquiring minds wanna know!

No problem with the polished floors, but the soles of the shoes did have indentation stripes from new and I'd walked a short distance on a concrete surface beforehand that probably made the soles a little rougher and more grippy.

I actually wore the green version of the shoes, which is the colour I'd originally wanted and finally found:

post-12051-0-59532100-1414197997_thumb.jpost-12051-0-60506300-1414198005_thumb.jpost-12051-0-61655300-1414198015_thumb.j

I wore them with a matching green tshirt, black skinny jeans, denim jacket and black shoulder bag. I got plenty of double-takes, some more discreet than others. A few times teenage girls in pairs would glance at me and then each other. I think it's nice that they don't feel they have to inhibit their surprise, and for all I know they could just as easily be thinking "cool" rather than "weird", there's no need to presume rudeness. I occasionally caught their reflections in a store window as they passed and they were definitely turning around to take another look. That's fine with me, it's not like I wear my heels to be invisible so it's nice to be noticed. A couple of times I exchanged smiles with young ladies (maybe in their 20's), I think they're the ones who enjoy fashion and heels the most. As I entered one store a middle-aged lady who was leaving glanced at my heels and said "you're doing well in those" and a smiled and thanked her. In another store I used the changing rooms to try on a skirt and the sales assistant went out of her way to make me feel welcome and comfortable, and I really appreciated that (and yes, I did buy the skirt, I liked how it looked and it was 25% off).

Wearing new shoes for the first time certainly has an edge over wearing old shoes. Maybe it gives a boost of self-confidence that projects positively and evokes more reactions, or maybe they just give a heightened awareness of the reactions around us.

If you like it, wear it.

That's a shame. Great looking heels. What was the problem, too feminine? I loved the look myself.

Not sure, just never quite me. Only pair I ever got I wanted to wear only on carpet just in case.