Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Here are a few addittions that I got over the past few months. The first pair are cheap 'Louboutin'-ish style booties. Really liked them for a while but couldn't find them in my size, finally I found them in the German version of the Dutch store that had them. The German store (Deichmann) had so much shoes I liked I also bought four other pairs of shoes. The black basic pumps, very comfortable and I will wear them outside soon. The sneaker style heels I liked very much too and they do feel like normal sneakers. I got them in two colors (also a beige-ish/nude-ish kind of color). The sandals caught my eye aswell so I had to have them.

My latest purchase was a pair of Steve Madden Dejavu heels I've been wanting them for so long but found them too expensive. When they where on sale at a Dutch webshop I had to order them. They look amazing and I was totally in love with them, but they where a little too small. I decided to send them back.

post-4974-0-87627800-1405957687_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-20286400-1405957699_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-83375200-1405957708_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-06050400-1405957753_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-40670900-1405957784_thumb.jp

Jeff and Lime thanks. Got them at Nord Strom Rack. Only 20 bucks. Wife got a black and tan pair.

Thanks for the info!  Unfortunately I rarely hit the "Nordstrom Rack Lottery" these days.  Even worse the stores local to me have pretty much tapped out at 11W after remodeling.  They still have a 12 and 12W section but it's half a shelf, the size the 13 section (my section) used to be before they got rid of it entirely.  At least it's all self-service now so you don't have to wait at the counter for the other shoe but I haven't seen anything there for at least a year.

It isn't too often I'm able to find a "lost" pair of heels.  "Lost" in the sense of a style I saw at one time that went discontinued or a style I discovered long after it was no longer available.  Well a few weeks ago one such pair came up for sale on eBay but they were outside of my budget, if only just barely.  Even though I sold a few pairs recently (to keep me at the "healthy" level of footwear I like), I just couldn't justify spending the money.  So the auction ended with no bids and the item was resisted as a fixed price lower than the original auction starting price.  The new price was in line with what I wanted to spend so I went for it, about $35 all said and done.

These are I believe from the second run of shoes Christian Siriano did for Payless, I believe the style is "Pearl" from the Gold line.  Olive green faux crocodile synthetic uppers with a square toe.  A gold studded bar loops around the front and a slight hidden platform.  The heels are square and have kind of a doubled area at the top.  What surprised me most is how supple the uppers are.  While not leather they have a quality feel like the man-made offerings of Aldo and the like.  Everything about these feels great and even though there is a platform, it is angled in such a way that these feel like single-soled heels when wearing and walking.

I had only seen these in person once, when the local Payless mall store was closing down and I thought they only went up to 12 - surprised to see a pair in 13, they fit great.  When the weather cools down I think I would do well with these under slacks or jeans as they follow that classic yet contrasting style of heels that I like.

post-19684-0-21749100-1405963280_thumb.j

post-19684-0-90569000-1405963287_thumb.j

post-19684-0-65019400-1405963298_thumb.j

post-19684-0-97899700-1405963305_thumb.j

Those are nice lime. I have a hard time finding a lost shoe style I am searching for also. Been on the lookout for a pair of Tahari Stratton heeled sandals. Super comfartable shoe and great looking. Found a pair at DSW but did not buy at that time. Should have because I have found only one pair since on Ebay and their the wrong size.

just have made a mistake, i seen i have placed 2 times same pic, if someone can tell me how to edit, and replace with this:

copie_12.jpg

thx

=> very nice :-)

blackpatent - nice shoes.  I'm usually not a big wedge fan, but those have a very nice cut to them.  I would enjoy those - haven't seen them at The Rack.  As Lime 15 stated, they pretty much phased out the larger sizes - pickings are quite slim now.  Not sure why, but I guess they just weren't selling many, as if they were, the large sizes would still be there.

Lime 15, those are interesting.  I find I am unable to do platforms in a pump style, as the back of the shoe constantly pops off when I walk because the sole doesn't bend.  Otherwise, I could almost see me wearing something like those.

So Aldo has been having a sale lately. Aaaand, well I got a few pairs on the cheap.

So I got both the beige and black versions of these:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/platform-pumps/31984129-malocutrazzo/97

Only annoying bit is the damn zipper is loud as shit. Thinking I'll get some jb weld and fix that problem for good.

And the beige of these (the blues were sold out in my size, boo:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/platform-pumps/31453440-crixia/34

The crixia (last link) is my favorite cause its so stupid high and still a platform. Its almost like wearing a 5.5" pump in the pitch. Somewhat surprising.

But since the black model turned out to be the most... in need of breaking in a quick shot of what they look like from my vantage point whilst I do stuff.

evTIFhql.jpg

My latest purchase

Newguy, looks like Payless.  I tried on the peep toes the other day - didn;t have the wide width I would need.  Nice shoes though.  I do have the sandals.  Very comfortable with the stretchy straps!  

My first pair of Heels. I can stand in them and take a few steps but i need more practice that's for sure. That 4 inch heel is high. I have respect for anyone that can walk while wearing a high heel..Wow !

Steve Madden Shoe name  Galleryy size 11

Very nice, Eager! You certainly did well with your purchase. As for learning to walk in them, as with everything in life, all it takes is practice. Before you know it, you'll be walking in them like a champ! Just keep at it!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My first pair of Heels. I can stand in them and take a few steps but i need more practice that's for sure.

Nice heels, they look very elegant. Maybe practice walking on carpet first, those floor tiles and wooden floor look very slippery, especially with such a slim stiletto heel.

If you like it, wear it.

Nice heels, they look very elegant. Maybe practice walking on carpet first, those floor tiles and wooden floor look very slippery, especially with such a slim stiletto heel.

Thanks, They fit perfectly as soon as I put them on. I do not have any carpet so I will just have to be careful.

I lucked out and was able to find a pair of the Pleaser heels that I missed when I bought the Dolly-50's at the beginning of the month.  I had to get US13 rather than my usual Pleaser / Demonia / Funtasma size of US14 as the brand tends to run a size small in my experience unless a specific style or wide.  However these fit pretty good other than the right toebox being a little tight and were less than $20 out the door so I can't complain.  Style is Seduce-425 and they should break in fine.

These are almost identical to a pair of leather Renetti pumps I have with the exception being the vamp on these is higher and the footbed is a little wider - which I like as the only complaint I really have about the Renetti's is they feel a tiny bit too narrow.  Of course the leather of the Renetti pumps means they've conformed to my foot better but these have really good arch support and are pretty darn comfortable for 5" "exotic" heels.

post-19684-0-33635900-1406677392_thumb.j

post-19684-0-72468300-1406677399_thumb.j

post-19684-0-65545600-1406677414_thumb.j

Lime: Love the new shoes! It's not every day one sees spectators, and those look super sharp. Well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lime : Those look real nice. How long do you think it will take to break them in ? This might sound crazy but I am not even able to walk much in my heels yet . And I want to buy more shoes to wear. LOL

Lime: Love the new shoes! It's not every day one sees spectators, and those look super sharp. Well done, my friend!

Thank you very much!  I really can't resist a pair of spectator pumps.  I only wish I had an easier time finding blue or red ones in my size, same thing with spectator oxfords.

Lime : Those look real nice. How long do you think it will take to break them in ?

Probably a few wears.  The right shoe has already loosened up quite a bit from wearing them today.

Those are smart shoes, Lime.   In England, men's two-tone shoes (black/white or brown/white) were quite popular in the 1920s-40s but had a rather 'racy' image and were not considered suitable for gentlemen to wear.   They were usually referred to as 'co-respondent' shoes as they were allegedly favoured by a man having a relationship with an adulterous woman (and who risked being cited as the co-respondent in divorce proceedings)!  

I don't know the derivation of the 'spectator' name.   Possibly because this style of shoe was originally intended for wear on informal occasions, such as attending sporting events and the like.

Eager2heel - nice looking pair of classic pumps!  Those heels look higher than 4"  Sure that's all they are?  Is 11 the size you typically wear?  How do these fit compared to other 11s?

I lucked out and was able to find a pair of the Pleaser heels that I missed when I bought the Dolly-50's at the beginning of the month.  I had to get US13 rather than my usual Pleaser / Demonia / Funtasma size of US14 as the brand tends to run a size small in my experience unless a specific style or wide.  However these fit pretty good other than the right toebox being a little tight and were less than $20 out the door so I can't complain.  Style is Seduce-425 and they should break in fine.

These are almost identical to a pair of leather Renetti pumps I have with the exception being the vamp on these is higher and the footbed is a little wider - which I like as the only complaint I really have about the Renetti's is they feel a tiny bit too narrow.  Of course the leather of the Renetti pumps means they've conformed to my foot better but these have really good arch support and are pretty darn comfortable for 5" "exotic" heels.

Nice shoes, Lime!  But I have to say, the cut of the Renetti heels is more appealing to my eye - I prefer the lower cut vamp.  That being said, I might have to try some of the Pleaser line, as these look pretty nice!

I can't buy any new shoes for a while, but I did get 5 pairs back from the cobbler, so it almost feels like I have new shoes! I had 4 pairs reheeled, and the boots re-soled with rubber, after trashing the original leather soles last winter.

post-19325-0-66062700-1406755331_thumb.j

Eager2heel - nice looking pair of classic pumps!  Those heels look higher than 4"  Sure that's all they are?  Is 11 the size you typically wear?  How do these fit compared to other 11s?

Nice shoes, Lime!  But I have to say, the cut of the Renetti heels is more appealing to my eye - I prefer the lower cut vamp.  That being said, I might have to try some of the Pleaser line, as these look pretty nice!

Ron: I looked for a shoe size conversion chart to find my shoe size. And It said size 11.  So I ordered the shoes on line from a big store called Dillards.

It was a shot in the dark as I have never bought womens shoes before. They were a little tight in the toe area but I used some spray strecher and just put them on and they loosened up for me. Also I went back to the order page on Dillards website and they claim the heel is 4,25 inchs high. I measured it with a ruler and it says it is 4.5 inchs high. I have not bought any other shoes yet so I do not know if my size 10 in mens means an 11 in womens every time.

Those are smart shoes, Lime.   In England, men's two-tone shoes (black/white or brown/white) were quite popular in the 1920s-40s but had a rather 'racy' image and were not considered suitable for gentlemen to wear.   They were usually referred to as 'co-respondent' shoes as they were allegedly favoured by a man having a relationship with an adulterous woman (and who risked being cited as the co-respondent in divorce proceedings)!  

I don't know the derivation of the 'spectator' name.   Possibly because this style of shoe was originally intended for wear on informal occasions, such as attending sporting events and the like.

Thanks, Puffer!

Thanks, RonC!  I agree, I like the lower cut vamp of the Renetti heels a little more as they show just a tiny bit of toe cleavage, which I like on a classic pump.  Nice to have a bunch of different looks though!

Do keep in mind with Pleaser / Demonia / Funtasma (and Ellie / TenThirtyOne as well as Pleaser's Bordello and discontinued PinUp Couture lines) that a good number of their shoes tend to run a full size small.  If you are a half size definately go up to the next full size.  It's extremely rare for me to find shoes from this manufacturer that run true to size, which is why I was surprised these fit so well.  I've actually had a pair of Funtasma chunky mary jane heels that I had to go THREE sizes up in, so I wore a US16 in that style.

Additionally the same Pleaser style may have a differently cut vamp depending on when they were manufatured.  I've seen quite a few of the "Seduce" line with a high vamp, low vamp, or pointed vamp depending on when they were made and who was selling them.  If you're set on a very specific pair of their shoes and are ordering online, confirm that the shoes in question match the Pleaser stock image the retailer / seller is using.

Those look real nice Lime15.

Thanks, blackpatent!

I may have said so before but if so I will say so again, mlroseplant, I love those oxfords!

I have not bought any other shoes yet so I do not know if my size 10 in mens means an 11 in womens every time.

It'll fluxuate depending on manufacturer and style, just as with any other piece of clothing.  I'm a US11.5 / US12 in men's shoes (usually Puma sneakers which have always ran just a hair small in my experience, so generally a US12 with the exception of T.U.K. creepers where I'm a US11 as they conform to their old sizing when everything was bigger than marked, but even that varies due to some retailers using their unisex sizing and classifying it wrong) and tend to wear women's US13 in heels.  Sometimes a little tight, sometimes a little loose, but as I would be a barefoot men's US11.5 - women's US13 is my jumping off point when I buy heels.