Who has bought some new shoes

gj

ton, nice black patent pumps. I've been looking for a pair like that, but the pointed toe pumps don't seen too friendly for my rather wide feet, so no purchases to date. Happyfeat, surprised to hear your local Nine West doesn't have much in 11. I can get just about any shoe they have in an 11 at the store, it's the 12 that I need (of course!) that they don't have much of. And Fatfuzz, a very nice selection. I like the classic low cut of the Steve Maddens. Looks like those would be comfortable to walk in.

Tried these on at Payless today. They actually fit pretty decent, but they were difficult to walk in. I don't know if the heel is too high for me, or if it is just how they are shaped/how the heel is set. In any event, they looked nice, but I couldn't see myself spending much time in them the way they felt. Too bad.

I've seen those shoes on the Payless website and found them interesting. I must say I like the styling. Perhaps I'll give a pair a try and see if they'll work for me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

@ fatfuzz

Nice shoe purchases I have similar styles. I might have to check barratts to see if i can get the purple. I have the same style in about 5 different colours.

Unfortunately, you won't find them available at Barratts anymore - they've been discontinued for a couple of years now. I found these on ebay and they turn up every once in a while and always fetch a good price which would suggest they are in demand! I think Barratts should start doing them again. They also used to do a similar style called shuffle which were the successor to the Wham style and I also have a pair of those in red which I think are shown in my gallery.

Nice selection fatfuzz, my favourites are the the black sude with the metallic toe-cap - their heel height is perfect and the cut around the toe is very elegant. The lower cut of the purple pair look great on you, but I find that low-cut styles like that aren't so flattering for me. They're nice to see on others though. How do you find the sizing/fit from Long Tall Sally - they look like maybe they're best suited to feet that aren't too wide?

If you like it, wear it.

Fatfuzz they sell a very similar pair to your metal toe cap shoes on Payless in America , Black, Pink and Taupe. I have the pink. Very nice shoes BTW,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also the taupe coloured round pumps you got from Barratts... i got every colour they did bar black matt and patent and they did a lot of colours.

Red Suede, Black suede, Grey Suede, Purple Suede, Black Snakeskin, Pink Patent, and Taupe...i got a pair of each of those, very good value and comfortable. What size where the toe cap heels???

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Nice purchase! The croc look makes those shoes pop! I hope you wear them well!

Show us some pics of you in the rest of the outfit. :)

Thanks guys. Here are some photos at last.

post-12051-0-14251300-1375511769_thumb.jpost-12051-0-54324800-1375511821_thumb.jpost-12051-0-38250200-1375511827_thumb.j

Craving a particular style of heels seems to be a very rare pleasure these days, but I really really love these wedges...

I'd just about given up, but I got lucky and found them :in_love:

post-12051-0-75494600-1375512304_thumb.jpost-12051-0-86164100-1375512311_thumb.jpost-12051-0-93051600-1375512318_thumb.j

Usually when I see more than one buckle I think "too many straps", but I totally love these and definitely don't want to be hiding them under long trousers!

If you like it, wear it.

post-12051-0-14251300-1375511769_thumb.jpost-12051-0-54324800-1375511821_thumb.jpost-12051-0-38250200-1375511827_thumb.j

Perhaps I have a one track mind these days, but those shoes positively BEG to be worn with a skirt, to be more specific, a sleek black skirt suit as that's the sort of shoe I see businesswomen wear often. Bottom line: Hiding pretty shoes such as those under long pants would be absolutely criminal. Well done, SH!

Nice selection fatfuzz, my favourites are the the black sude with the metallic toe-cap - their heel height is perfect and the cut around the toe is very elegant. The lower cut of the purple pair look great on you, but I find that low-cut styles like that aren't so flattering for me. They're nice to see on others though.

How do you find the sizing/fit from Long Tall Sally - they look like maybe they're best suited to feet that aren't too wide?

Thanks sleek heels. I find long tall Sally generally run true to size and I have wide-ish feet and they always fit well. I think because of the way they're designed they do a good job of hiding the fact they're wide quite well. I really rate long tall Sally now - not a fan of all they're styles but they have at least one or two pairs every season that I have to have. These new ones are real leather too so they've gently moulded to my feet for a super comfy fit. I can't go on about them enough..

Fatfuzz they sell a very similar pair to your metal toe cap shoes on Payless in America , Black, Pink and Taupe. I have the pink. Very nice shoes BTW,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also the taupe coloured round pumps you got from Barratts... i got every colour they did bar black matt and patent and they did a lot of colours.

Red Suede, Black suede, Grey Suede, Purple Suede, Black Snakeskin, Pink Patent, and Taupe...i got a pair of each of those, very good value and comfortable. What size where the toe cap heels???

barney, the lts toe caps are size 11uk, 45 euro which Is 13us, I believe.

I wish Payless would come to the uk. Barratts was the closest thing but they've been rubbish for a couple of years tho. Those shoes you show look awesome!

Fatfuzz!

Im extremely happy to know Im not the only person whom purchases un-jackstanded footware these days ;)

dude, forgive me but I don't get the American parlance - what do you mean by un-jack standed??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd definitely want those pumps in black! Very sleek looking indeed!

Here's my recent purchases: (from lowest to highest) 1. Sanita black patent open back clogs. Sorry, barely a heel in sight, but I've never seen another guy wearing a pair, and I do wear these anywhere. From clogoutlet.com post-37-0-37707200-1375648548_thumb.jpg 2. Vans SK-8 Hi Wedge. I do like my stealth heels. The big names have joined the wedge sneaker fad, Reebok, Adidas, Nike, Vans, and probably others. Except for the Vans, they're all 2 1/2 inches and under. I was surprised that the Vans are a bit over 3 inches. I bought them on Zappos and, of course, they're listed as women's, so I was surprised when I looked at the size drop down -- the size equivalents for men and women are given. Sadly, they stop at Men's 10/Women's 11.5, but they are the full size, maybe a bit big. I was even more surprised when they arrived and both the box and shoes are only marked Men 10! Definitely all day comfort. Zappos.com post-37-0-67830900-1375648557_thumb.jpg post-37-0-00488000-1375648553_thumb.jpg 3. Miguel Jones Cowboy Boots. Miguel Jones appeared on the scene a couple years ago with 5 inch heel cowboy boots. I didn't buy a pair because the heel shape didn't look right on cowboy boots, and some of their other heel heights looked no better. Recently they started selling a stock boot specified as Camel suede leather with 20 inch tops, round toes, and extreme undershot 3 inch heels. I liked their appearance so I ordered a pair, $175 + $9 shipping from Mexico. They arrived in about 3 weeks and as you can see, they're really nice boots, especially considering the price. Do be aware though, many people have complained that their boots were too big in size. I think they're using Mexican sizing, so I ordered one full size down, and they could still be a bit smaller. I'm tempted by their 4 inch heel square toe boots, and if I buy them, I'll order 1 1/2 sizes small. Oh, almost forgot, the heels are about 2 3/4 inches at the side seam, and a full 4 inches measuring vertically from the back. http://www.custom-boots.net/stock.html post-37-0-06036700-1375648539_thumb.jpg post-37-0-54582300-1375648543_thumb.jpg 4. From eBay, "New Fashion Wedges Party/Prom 6 inch High Heel Women's Sandals" As advertised, they are a full 6 inches at the back, but I don't think I'd wear them to a party or prom -- they're so cheaply made they probably wouldn't survive a night of dancing. As expected, they're 100% plastic, and the straps have stretched quite a bit. They only came as large as 10 and I wear 11, but between hanging a bit off the back, and the stretchy construction, they fit fine. I'm not sure if they're worth the $25 I paid for them (at least it was free shipping). post-37-0-38211900-1375648529_thumb.jpg post-37-0-28123500-1375648534_thumb.jpg

I have several pairs of clogs. Mine are from Dansko. I have a pair in a black patent color much like yours. I like to wear clogs in the cooler weather and I will wear them with hosiery. I also have Born clogs, that are basically masculine with 2-1/2" big block heels that I wear very often. I get lots of compliments on them. BTW, I like your wedge heel sandals. A nice bright color pedi on your toes would look great with your sandals. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Onyourtoes: Great to hear about the Vans, so they feel like a full 3", higher then the other brands? I have been wearing my Nike's a lot, but am tempted by the Pumas and Adidas.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Onyourtoes: Great to hear about the Vans, so they feel like a full 3", higher then the other brands? I have been wearing my Nike's a lot, but am tempted by the Pumas and Adidas.

From what I've seen in online descriptions, the Vans are the highest of the big name athletic shoe brands. Outside that brand group, they are nothing special, perhaps a tiny bit higher than Skechers Plus 3, and about the same as my pair of Soda cheapies. My men's Buffalo 2208 are noticably higher, though. (the Buffalos can be found on Solestruck.com in many mostly out of stock colors)

Vans are typically known as surf shoes. At least the classic Vans are.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Just got these Stuart Weitzman's off e-bay. Incredibly cool feel to them. They are a bit tight in the vamp but should open up some with use. The heel is just shy of 5.75" and the hidden platform is near .75". These ran just over $100. The heel tips are very narrow and like with my narrow Steve Madden's I will need to find a tip replacement source. The tip diameter is 7mm. So far the smallest round tips I have seen for replacement purposes are 9mm. If any of you have a source you are aware of please share. Joe :)

post-1756-0-04017800-1375742298_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-25592500-1375742307_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-22557700-1375742318_thumb.jp

Dude, forgive me but I don't get the American parlance - what do you mean by un-jack standed??

They dont have a platform or what I started calling a ' jackstand '. By a ' jackstand ' I mean a tool used to hold a car up when you take the wheels off of it. Not EVERY heeled shoe needs a platform.

' jackstand 'is a negative connotation I came up with as for a period of ( about ) a year, I couldnt find a ' regular ' heeled shoe anywhere outside of cheap trendy stores and they even carried shelves of ' jackstands ' and not many ' regular ' heeled shoes at the time.

Its not really an " American parlance " but a term I use. I think others might have used it as well ( dunno. Maybe I was the first to use it? Maybe not?).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Fatfuzz... i come from the UK too, i got my toe cap heels (the pink ones) of Payless. I know a lovely lady over the pond who will buy me payless shoes on my behalf for a small fee (typically $10), I pay all the shipping costs and cost of shoes so for example the toe cap heels were $29.99, shipping was $30 and $10 finders fee + $5 paypal fees which is nearly $75 or about £50, now i can't say the quality of your pair was the same quality but that is under 1/2 priceof what long tall sally wanted. My lady also sends it so it doesn't attract customs fees. PM me if you want her email addy. I buy about a dozen pairs a year from her so we have a great customer relationship.I should mention she will buy from any store in the US not just Payless, though she may charge a little more if it requires extra effort. PS I can see why your shoes were £110, as they are Kid Suede and made in Spain, however the ones i bought are really well made and are not a cheaply made shoe and are definately worth more than the $30 they sell for in the US.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Those really are "spike" heels. The look good. One question; how is the heel tip held on? Is the lower part of the spike a hollow tube for the tip?

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Just got these Stuart Weitzman's off e-bay. Incredibly cool feel to them. They are a bit tight in the vamp but should open up some with use. The heel is just shy of 5.75" and the hidden platform is near .75". These ran just over $100.

The heel tips are very narrow and like with my narrow Steve Madden's I will need to find a tip replacement source. The tip diameter is 7mm. So far the smallest round tips I have seen for replacement purposes are 9mm. If any of you have a source you are aware of please share.

Joe :)

Wow! Haven't seen a heel THAT thin in quite some time. If that heel is metal, where do you go to get it repaired when it's damaged, a cobbler, or a welder? :tongue:

They dont have a platform or what I started calling a ' jackstand '. By a ' jackstand ' I mean a tool used to hold a car up when you take the wheels off of it. Not EVERY heeled shoe needs a platform.

' jackstand 'is a negative connotation I came up with as for a period of ( about ) a year, I couldnt find a ' regular ' heeled shoe anywhere outside of cheap trendy stores and they even carried shelves of ' jackstands ' and not many ' regular ' heeled shoes at the time.

Its not really an " American parlance " but a term I use. I think others might have used it as well ( dunno. Maybe I was the first to use it? Maybe not?).

I had a feeling that might've been what you meant. The trend has been the same over here. Whilst I don't really buy shoes in stores as there's very few that stock shoes that will fit me, I do find myself window shopping if I'm out and about in town and for a while everywhere seemed to selling platforms. I have noticed recently though a shift towards the pointy stiletto no "jackstand" style of shoe which suits me sir!

Wow! Haven't seen a heel THAT thin in quite some time. If that heel is metal, where do you go to get it repaired when it's damaged, a cobbler, or a welder? :tongue:

They are tubes. I am thinking of using 8mm replacement tips for when the time comes. I can't seem to locate 5 or 6mm ones. I may even go with steel and then grind the diameter to size.

They are tubes. I am thinking of using 8mm replacement tips for when the time comes. I can't seem to locate 5 or 6mm ones. I may even go with steel and then grind the diameter to size.

I like the shoes (and certainly the heels) but I don't think the round toes do them any favours as the otherwise sleek lines are not really maintained. (Likewise, a pointed toe coupled with a thick heel doesn't work either.)

If you are using rubber heel tips, it should be easy to grind them down to the correct size/profile. An ordinary bench grinder with a fairly fine stone will do the job (using light pressure) and finishing with a file or abrasive paper. But I am sure that a metal tip would be better as it will stand more wear.

I'd just about given up, but I got lucky and found them :in_love:

post-12051-0-75494600-1375512304_thumb.jpost-12051-0-86164100-1375512311_thumb.jpost-12051-0-93051600-1375512318_thumb.j

Usually when I see more than one buckle I think "too many straps", but I totally love these and definitely don't want to be hiding them under long trousers!

I like the black pair a lot. Given how you've rolled up your jeans, they look similar to capri pants, and I think those look straps would look great with that style! I'm not much for platforms, so the second pair isn't up my alley, but I'd happily take a pair of those ankle straps!

I have notice the vans recently overhere as well, but even tough I like wedge sneakers a lot, there is something about these vans...would not know how to stly them since I have always considered vans to be skater shoes...

Just got these Stuart Weitzman's off e-bay. Incredibly cool feel to them. They are a bit tight in the vamp but should open up some with use. The heel is just shy of 5.75" and the hidden platform is near .75". These ran just over $100.

The heel tips are very narrow and like with my narrow Steve Madden's I will need to find a tip replacement source. The tip diameter is 7mm. So far the smallest round tips I have seen for replacement purposes are 9mm. If any of you have a source you are aware of please share.

Joe :)

=> They are very thin :pulsingheart: