Who has bought some new shoes

gj

RonC, very cute pumps (loved the bow and the 2-color) and looks really great on you with these stockings! And a nice clicking sound is essential for the overall experience, at least for me.

Thanks gallix. I appreciate the comments. I do enjoy wearing nylons with heels - just adds to the experience in my humble opinion. I had those one under my jeans when I was out shopping. Rather enjoy being able to feel the garter clasps through my jeans and the tug of the garters when I walk. As I indicated, it just adds to the entire heel wearing experience for me.

I like the plain black booties!

Been a while but..

I have neon pink and white cork-bottomed/heeled pumps that I have posed pics of before. They are by ' Guess ' and are ' ok ' . Darian recently scored me a similar pair in black but with a much smaller platform and they are patent.

I REALLY like these shoes!!

I also scored a pair of CHEAPO wedge bootie/sneakers. They are quite comfortable and ventilated. 19$+tax at a local Rainbow store.

-Ilk

Well done! Those are sharp looking pumps!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hello All,

Was Up North at our land over the 4th weekend and hope all others in the USA had a nice holiday as well. Wanted to post a picture of some pants and wedges I got today at Torrid, a U.S. chain store that competes with Lane Bryant and specializes in larger-sized clothing and footwear. They are also noted for being very GLBT-friendly which means guys are more than welcome there.

The store was empty, as many are on Mondays, and I was warmly greeted by Sasha at the Torrid at a Milwaukee mall. I hadn't bought but one pair of wedge sandals at a Torrid before but this time I decided to try out their denim as well ALONG WITH some wedges.

Here's what I got:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Jeans.jsp

http://www.torrid.co...idth-565630.jsp The picture and url got reversed upon uploading.

She lead me to a dressing room and I walked out in the jeans (16T) and the size 11 wedge sandals. Apparently she is a fashion major and wanted to check out the look. Very nice experience in yet another store as proof that there are lots of people out there who will engage you without making you isolated.

Anyways, that's my photo contribution for today! I'd encourage anyone to check out Torrid if you have one near you. They carry shoes up to 12 and sometimes up to 13. HappyinHeels

post-3654-0-65597300-1373336774_thumb.jp

post-3654-0-43717500-1373336788_thumb.jp

Thanks for the post and the pics. I like the jeans and the wedges. They go great together! I like wearing wedges with skinny ankle jeans and jean style capri legging this summer. The ladies tell me the look is hot and I have been told that I look great wearing that combination too! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Great combination, HIH! Thanks for posting. I'd heard of Torrid before, but never shopped there. Good to know they're welcoming to us alternative guys. Bluejay, is there one in your neighborhood? We can go there next time I visit. It will be good incentive for me to shed some weight. I hate it when I break heels, especially wedges! LOL Steve

Crushing it was my thought. But, c'mon, Shafted, I was just kidding about my weight. I'm not so heavy that I could crush a wedge, but I really need to lose about 20 lbs to fit into clothes better, especially jeans. -------------------------------- Ok, back on topic. I've got some new shoes to report. I had purchased only two new pairs since January, both Naturalizer sandals - Tribute in black and Tanner in brown, which I reported on here some time ago. I hadn't seen much I liked since. Then two weeks ago I encountered 7 pairs of shoes, 6 of them online, that looked interesting, so I bought them, expecting to return a few of them. But who knew? It turns out they all fit and I love them all! So I'm keeping them all. Ok, here we go. Aerosoles Scotland heeled sandals in black leather with 3 1/2 inch heels. They fit like a glove and the arch support is perfect. I wore them to breakfast at a nearby cafe (2 blocks walk from home) a few days after I got them. They still need more breaking in, but they're really cool, and they were marked down from $80 to $40 on Aerosoles.com. Payless Karmen black pumps with 3 inch stiletto heels. I already reported on these. They're really nice and I look forward to wearing them more. These are the only ones of the seven pair that I bought in a store after trying them on. Ralph Lauren Roseanne wedge thong sandals in black patent. I was looking for something to wear for my monthly pedicures, and these caught my eye. I went for my pedicure last Tuesday and wore them with khaki capris. All the gals at the salon loved them, and they were comfortable to wear the rest of the evening. I bought them and the following four pairs from Zappos.com. I ordered them on a Thursday and they were were all delivered the very next day. Amazing service! Born Belinda sandals in black and brown (rust). I first saw these on a woman in a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, and fell in love with them. I decided to take a chance and they fit wonderfully well. The heel is 2 3/4 inches high and I've worn them out with shorts and pantyhose to a number of places. They're really comfortable and fun to wear. I really only ordered the black ones, but Zappos made a mistake and sent the brown ones also, instead of the Born Timia in brown that I actually ordered. They immediately sent me the Timia and told me I had two weeks to return the Belinda. I decided to keep them. Born Timia sandals are also a lot of fun to wear with shorts and pantyhose. In fact, I can't wear any of the Born sandals without hose, because they have an embossed leather design in the insole that irritates my tender soles and hurts after wearing them for a while. Pantyhose solves that problem nicely and I can wear them for hours and miles. The Timia sandals have 3 inch heels and the two wide straps and heel strap are fully adjustable. The last pair was a pair of Naturalizer Tanner, but in black. I had them in brown already and I love them, but I couldn't find them in 11W on Naturalizer's site any more. Zappos had them (at full price unfortunately), so I got them and they're really very comfortable for wearing anywhere with shorts, capris, jeans, or slacks. Zappos did very well by me, so I went online last night and posted reviews of the four styles in five colors that I bought from them. They were posted overnight and are online this morning, just as I wrote them, with my first name listed, so it's obvious I'm a male, but I mentioned that fact in some of the reviews anyway. Just look on the Zappos.com web site, search for those shoes, scroll down to the reviews, click on Newest, and find my reviews of July 9, if you want to see them. I haven't written a review of the Aerosoles Scotland pair yet, as I want to wear them a couple more times. And I have written a review of the Karmen pumps that got posted but I don't see it any more. There was nothing inappropriate about it, but it's gone, so I'll contribute another one. Here are photos of the seven pairs. I think I'm done shopping for a while! Steve

post-4071-0-08982400-1373465722_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-71458000-1373465743_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-76076900-1373465769_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-49418800-1373465786_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-29306500-1373465801_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-50871200-1373465944_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-09040700-1373465959_thumb.jp

Thanks, Jim. There is more to report. Last week we had house guests, our friends from Scotland visited us to experience our Independence Day celebration. These are the same friends we were with touring Ireland in April. He is passionate about hose, heels, and skirts, and she goes along with it all. When I emailed him the week before their arrival that Aerosoles had a style of heeled sandals, appropriately named "Scotland" that looked attractive, was on sale, and I was ordering a pair, I asked him if he wanted a pair also. He replied no thanks, but he liked their style called "Kaleidoscope" and wanted them instead, so I placed an online order for him. It arrived the day that our friends did, and the fit was perfect, so I was glad we didn't have to return them. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of him wearing them. On the second day they were here we had scheduled a manicure and pedicure for him and me. We had a great time at the salon, and he selected clear polish for his fingers and "merlot" for his toes, while I had both fingers and toes done in "palladium," a color that was like a metallic khaki color. The nail tech wanted to have some fun with my ring fingers, so she put on two coats of white polish and then with a fine brush applied "fireworks" in red and blue polish. It was very patriotic! My friend loved the way his toes looked but was too shy to show them off in public. He did, however, purchase a pair of leather sandals from DSW (Liz Claiborne, I think) and wore them with nylons around the house quite proudly. He was thrilled with the look and let me take a photo. He also bought a pair of Vienna slide wedges from Payless in black, while his wife bought the same shoe in bone. We had a fun time with our friends and we're glad they had a fun visit to the US. Steve

post-4071-0-91006800-1373497690_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-17296200-1373497719_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-65268300-1373499802_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-91389400-1373499821_thumb.jp

HappyinHeels, I'll echo what bluejay and Steve said, that style of jeans with wedges is a great combination.

How on earth does one break a wedge?

Well, some of the pavements are getting bad enough to do that!

As for your impressive shopping frenzy Steve, I'm way behind you. I bought two pairs of shoes in one day on only one occasion and that was years ago. I think I prefer the intensity of one new pair of shoes at a time.

If you like it, wear it.

bluejay,Steve63130, and SleekHeels, Thanks all for the compliments, you all have your own high standards as well. I wore the wedges today while shopping at Ninewest and the jeasn will be washed and worn soon! HappyinHeels

Steve, Your collection of sandals keeps growing. Very nice. Those white slides from Payless look very much like the Naturalizer slides I have, in both black and white, however my block heels are higher. Those Naturalizer slides, both my wife and myself have in matching pairs. We have worn them out together on a couple of occasions. On a couple of times she wore the white and I wore the black and vice-versa. We have probably had them for about 8-10 years and I still like them very much. Happy Heeling, bluejay

One more update: I posted a review of the Karmen pumps on the Payless site, with a photo, and they printed it just as I wrote it. See it at:

http://www.payless.c...playName=Womens

If that link doesn't work, find the Karmen pump, and select Date: Newest First for choosing a sort order (under the rectangle that says "165 out of 171(96%) reviewers would recommend this product to a friend."). My review is dated July 10.

Steve

Steve, The newest review that shows up is dated July 5th. Nothing newer than that and nothing for July 10th, yet. I will keep on looking for your review and pic. I've read many of the reviews and there are many men who wear that Karmen pump and have posted a review, there. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Bluejay, The review is there. Since I didn't give the shoe the very best possible rating, it doesn't come up first. The default sorting routine appears to be by rating - high to low. You can see that in the drop down menu box under the rectangle that says "165 out of 171(96%) reviewers would recommend this product to a friend." If you click on that drop down menu box and select Date - Newest First instead of rating - high to low, you'll see my review dated July 10. It's too bad the reviews are sorted by rating by default. That means all the bad reviews are at the end, which weighs the ratings very high at first. And it means my review isn't visible up front unless you know to re-sort and look for it. Rather sneaky and self-serving on Payless's part, isn't it? Steve

I just got these tory burch Sophie wedges today. They even gave me a beer while I was trying on various shoes. They are very comfortable I can't wait to wear these out and about!

Very nice shoes! Well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I recently bought a pair of Aerosoles "Scotland" heeled sandals in black leather, and I really love them. I reported it on here a week or so ago. Well, I wrote up a review last night and they posted it this morning. They printed it just as I wrote it. http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/scotland/scotland?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=Default&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default Steve