Who has bought some new shoes

gj

wil,I think those Also are beautiful.

unfortunately due to my ill health, I have terminal cancer, I. rarely get the opportunity to wear mine any more. but I always look at the postings on hhp

keep up the good work all you wonderful. guys are doing for our cause.

if I don't post. any more, you know why.

I love you all

Muddypaws

absolutely speechless. You're an inspiration muddypaws! Thankyou for all the kind words and advice you've ever given to me :)

I ordered these Bandolino shoes from Zappos. I was a bit aprehensive about the patent finish, as I was hoping to be able to wear them out and about rather inconspicuously...The heel is about 3.75 inches in the size 11, so it had decent height...

RonC,

Agree with you on both points. For more discreet heeling, patent finishes are definitely to be avoided. And the 3 3/4" heel height, particularly in a block heel, was almost ideal. I think I've been seeing "high heel loafers" elsewhere, so hopefully you'll be able to find a pair that fit.

Ron C. I have a pair of loafer pumps just like yours. I ordered them from Chadwicks catalog in a 11W which fit me perfectly. I love the patent leather look and have worn them many times. Mine are very comfortable to wear. I am not worried about the attention patent leather may attract. I wear what I want and I am proud to show off my heels at any time!!!!!! bluejay

Hi Sept, Those are nice aren't they? Let me guess, Peacocks? If they are then they felt really good but I the heel moved around a little under my weight when I walked in them in the store. Let me know how they work for you and I might grab myself a pair if they're a keeper . I'm guessing the other pair you liked were the all black platform stilettos that haven't been put on their website yet? Chris

wil,I think those Also are beautiful.

unfortunately due to my ill health, I have terminal cancer, I. rarely get the opportunity to wear mine any more. but I always look at the postings on hhp

keep up the good work all you wonderful. guys are doing for our cause.

if I don't post. any more, you know why.

I love you all

Muddypaws

So very sorry, Muddypaws. May the good Lord be with you in your final journey through this world. I've enjoyed reading your posts while a member here, and your contributions will be missed.

Ron C.

I have a pair of loafer pumps just like yours. I ordered them from Chadwicks catalog in a 11W which fit me perfectly. I love the patent leather look and have worn them many times. Mine are very comfortable to wear. I am not worried about the attention patent leather may attract. I wear what I want and I am proud to show off my heels at any time!!!!!!

bluejay

As my wife gets the chadwicks cataloge, I'll need to takle a look! Thanks.

I bought these awhile ago! I just now realized I had not put a picture of them up! These are life stride mary jane t-strap's with about a 3" heel. I love these shoes they look great and fit great and look good with jeans or skirts.

I like that style, and that is a walkable heel height. Nice shoes.

Out and about yesterday, and stopped in at a Payless I happened to be passing. As I opened the door, the annoying electronic chime went off, and before I got two steps one of the assistants greeted me and asked if I needed any help. Adopted my usual line of walking in a charity event, so I needed a pair of heels. Without batting an eye she asked my size in mens, and brought me over to the 10/11 area, had me take my socks off and try several pairs on, even remarking that one pair in particular actually looked pretty good on me! I thanked her for being cool about it, confessed that I found the whole thing a little embarrassing, and she told me not to worry, she had a few regular guy customers who bought heels there, and it really wasn't a big deal. (Which made me feel all the more guilty about not being honest about my purchase reasons...) Anyways, bought the heels she liked (and were most comfortable), the ubiquitous Fioni pumps (which I'm guessing everyone who lives near a Payless on here owns!):

http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/084013_4_490x490.jpg

There was a Ross next door, so after stashing my Payless shoes in the car, I popped in there. This time I decided I was going to be a bit braver, and not cop out if asked my true intentions. Headed over to the women's section, although it was pretty slim pickings. I did find a pair of Steve Madden brown slingbacks that I REALLY liked. Popped off my flip flops and slipped them on, much to the surprise of the few women that were browsing around. Just shrugged at them as if to say "what can ya do?" and decided to buy them. Checkout lady said they were cute, and asked me if I knew what walking in these did to womens' feet (I guess she thought I was buying them for my wife) to which I replied "I guess I'll find out, they're for me." She just shrugged and said "To each their own" and didn't say anything else to me.

All in all, positive stuff for me! Although the Fioni's are pretty uncomfortable (guess what you pay for) and while the Maddens feel great on (and look awesome), the rear of the shoe flops around when I walk (my heel isn't staying attached to the sole, keeps lifting off no matter what I do with the strap) so will probably have to take them back, since I've already almost gone arse over teakettle in them.

Hi Sept,

Those are nice aren't they? Let me guess, Peacocks? If they are then they felt really good but I the heel moved around a little under my weight when I walked in them in the store. Let me know how they work for you and I might grab myself a pair if they're a keeper .

I'm guessing the other pair you liked were the all black platform stilettos that haven't been put on their website yet?

Chris

Right first time, they are very comfortable, plenty of room for the toes and they feel very stable, haven't had any problem with the heels feeling loose but then again they are only for inside use :)

I didn't see any black platforms in there! and Ididn't get back to the shop for the red/ black mottled ones either, work calls! just hope they still have them when I get back next month.

I didn't see any black platforms in there! and Ididn't get back to the shop for the red/ black mottled ones either, work calls! just hope they still have them when I get back next month.

I couldn't help noticing these last time I was in Peacocks:

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5137781&prodFindSrc=paramNav

which are black and have just the right level of platform with the heel height. (First time I've seen that country of origin for shoes).

I guess these are the "red/black mottled ones":

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5149331&prodFindSrc=paramNav

and they have a similar style in plain black or orange suedette too:

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5149411&prodFindSrc=paramNav

I'm not so keen on their boot range this season, but perhaps there's more to come. They've had some nice boot styles (heels and flats) in previous years.

If you like it, wear it.

Just found these amazing shoes on Aldo.com http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/high-heels/85671523-falge/97

Want them badly in the size 11 but am nervous about Aldo as they always seem to run a bit small. Does anyone here have a pair of these in any size and are they true for you.

I currently have a pair of their pumps on now but it did several wearings to stretch the leather enough to wear them, and these shoes don't look as though they will stretch very much.

Let me know, thanks in advance.

Just found these amazing shoes on Aldo.com http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/high-heels/85671523-falge/97

Want them badly in the size 11 but am nervous about Aldo as they always seem to run a bit small. Does anyone here have a pair of these in any size and are they true for you.

I currently have a pair of their pumps on now but it did several wearings to stretch the leather enough to wear them, and these shoes don't look as though they will stretch very much.

Let me know, thanks in advance.

Greetings Jkrenzer :-)

It is true most shoes from Aldo do run a bit small (narrow).

I got a similar pair in size 11 ("Fornili" - see picture below) and they are true to size.

(And let me tell you they feel amazing to wear :))

So there is a good chance the "Falge" will also be true to size.

Note that I wear mine with very thin trouser's socks.

Give it a try and good luck !

post-14338-133522954436_thumb.jpg

When I get them I will let you know. Our local Aldo shop

does not carry the size 11's very often so I won't know for a few days.

Hoping they will fit you !

Same thing here with my local Aldo store about the larger sizes.

Most size 11 are gone at the end of the season so I often need to order them.

The store manager told me they only keep 1 pair in size 11 and

2 pairs when the model is more popular. The same applies with size 5.

ALL, I had paid a visit to ,y favorite Bakers store in Milwaukee and came up empty when remembering that one of the sales girls had told me that this style and color had arrived in size 11. I had previously bought this style in black but preferred the brown and black. We are the end of the sandals season so now is the time to scoop them up! HappyinHeels:wavey:

post-18145-133522954452_thumb.jpg