Who has bought some new shoes

gj

radiodave,

I hope your new shoes are comfortable and you have fun wearing them. I don't care for the style and look myself, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you like them. Have fun!

It appears to me that no one took offense to my anti-plantform rant, which I am very greatful for. And gerryjohn, I do remember the change from the 80's heels to the generally low heel period that followed. Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, it was more so that the heels became quite blocky. There were still a number of heel heights being worn, but with everything so blocky, they never looked very high at all. Had I been street heeling at that time, it would not have been much of a problem to wear most any of the womens styles at that time!

Hi There Heel Lovers!!

I made my first online purchase in nearly two years because this wedge simply was nowhere to be found in SE Wisconsin/NE Illinois. I's also the first time I have tried shipping from DSW.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/two+lips+day+wedge+sandal?prodId=220671&category=dsw11cat260004

All I can say is that this shoe is as cute in-person, and on my feet, as it looks on the website!! I love the tri-color design, the 2"/5 cm platform and the 6" /15cm wedge heel which has some multi-color detail not readily visible on the website unless you zoom in. One thing of note though about DSW shipping. Fedex apparently has partnered with the US Postal Service for partial delivery of packages. This package went from DSW's main warehouse in Columbus, Ohio to a Fedex facility in suburban Milwaukee and then to our local post office. It took five days from the time of the order. All the times I have ordered from Bakers the shipping company was also Fedex but the order would ship from St. Louis via Champaign,IL and Chicago and then to a Fedex facility in Oak Creek,Wisconsin. Then from Oak Creek via Fedex truck direct to my house. But the DSW method was different. The point is that you may track your shipment since a tracking number is provided only to find out that your package is spending a good two days at the local post office. These wedges only go to size 10 but they fit well enough ) I have them on now) to keep and enjoy. Anyways, there's my latest tale of shoe shopping.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

post-18145-133522936541_thumb.jpeg

Happy, I'm curious. Your age is only 8 years less than mine, so we're basically in the same general era. Yet you have this strong love of platforms, wedges, etc. that I would never bat an eye at. Was it the 70's that was the basis for your initial interest in heels? I guess that's the only era I can think of before the present that was heavily into platforms. Stevie Nicks fan by chance? lol

They look it. What are they, about a 3 1/4" heel? And what are the shoes with the chunkier heel off to the left?

You really got the eye for the heel height, they are exactly 3 1/4" high. Chunkier on the left are older ones, brown ankle boots I bought maybe year ago. Not really qualified for this thread any more, but here is picture of those anyway :silly:

post-1041-133522936718_thumb.jpg

Bought quite a few at Shoe Warehouse here in Canada. They have a lot of size 10-11 on clearance. Over XMas everything was 50% off, beautiful boots, original price 150$ clearance 50$, 50% off sale = 25$. They have a similar sale now as well, bought a few things. For 15-20$, I can't resist. I'm usually happy with size 10. hades

It's interesting what you can get at Kohls as mensware for this spring. A shame they only carry to size 10.

Check the site:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/crosssells/shoes/springtrends/menswear.jsp?bmForm=guided_nav_search&SubcatFolderID=2534374756690582

Don't forget to check the Clearance racks while at Kohl's - a while ago I found some nice boots that had a price printed on the box for $74.88. They were on the clearance rack that had a sign saying 75% off, and tagged at $15. I figured that was a good price so I grabbed them and headed for the checkout - they scanned at a whopping $3.75 - that's 75% off the clearance price of $15! I wear them a lot - 4" block heel knee-high boots, copper colored, zip on the ankle only, with a turned-down cuff on the top - I call them my pirate boots!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Since we're voting, I think I like the older, chunkier pair. Heel height on that about the same? Are they the same size? The length of the 'footbox' looks bigger on the (new) black pair compared to the (old) brown pair.

Same size yes (40 EU, 9 US women), heel is just a bit lower. I'm expanding my comfort zone on shoe styles for public wearing and the new ones are my first small step away from all rounded toeboxes and chunky heels.

I like them both a lot :silly:

Since we're voting, I think I like the older, chunkier pair. Heel height on that about the same? Are they the same size? The length of the 'footbox' looks bigger on the (new) black pair compared to the (old) brown pair.

I agree. I like the brown lace up boots MUCH better than the black pair. What's better is that lace-up booties are very on trend right now!

I am now the proud owner of a pair of Corelli 3.5 inch (9cm) nude court heels :silly: They were reduced to $30 (on clearance, I don't know the original price but that's pretty good) and there was a further 30% off so they cost $21 :unsure:

There's no 'high heel' thrill as I don't consider 9cm's to be high and I have some 13cm heels (no platform) but I absolutely adore them nonetheless! Unfortunately I can't find any pics of them on the net. I might take some pics and post them on the forum.

Anyways... You can check my new heels out here: http://www.hhplace.org/stories_high_heel_theme/17954-my_collection.html (5th post)

Edit: Thanks for all the thanks for that post!! ^^^^

Call me Tights!

Don't forget to check the Clearance racks while at Kohl's - a while ago I found some nice boots that had a price printed on the box for $74.88. They were on the clearance rack that had a sign saying 75% off, and tagged at $15. I figured that was a good price so I grabbed them and headed for the checkout - they scanned at a whopping $3.75 - that's 75% off the clearance price of $15! I wear them a lot - 4" block heel knee-high boots, copper colored, zip on the ankle only, with a turned-down cuff on the top - I call them my pirate boots!

I love the oxfords. But if you add the postage here to me it is not cheep any more. If any one out there can think of a way of getting aroung the high postage please let me know.

Picked up a pair of these today. I got them at a thrift shop. They only cost me $12. They are very comfortable, and fit, and look great on my feet. The height of the heel is 4 inches.

post-3002-133522936904_thumb.jpg

Nice ones Mr. X, are those from Aldo? I had a pair just like them.

No they are not from Aldo Dave. The shoes are 725 originals, which I believe is a Walmart brand. It's funny. I never thought something so good could come out of Walmart....lol

Just two bought from eBay UK the last month (more on their way): The "Next" being ~5" with almost an inch platform, and would/will look so great this spring (possibly with a nice summery skirt/dress; suggestions, anyone :unsure:?) The other ones, "Love Label", are a tad higher, almost 6 inches, with ~1½" platform. Also great looking, with a newly acquired light tan knee leather skirt (pictures coming up :silly: /A.

post-27132-133522936918_thumb.jpg

post-27132-133522936933_thumb.jpg

Picked these up at JCPenny the other day, for around the house, in the Ice color.

I love knotted open toes. :silly:

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Just two bought from eBay UK the last month (more on their way):

The "Next" being ~5" with almost an inch platform, and would/will look so great this spring (possibly with a nice summery skirt/dress; suggestions, anyone :unsure:?)

The other ones, "Love Label", are a tad higher, almost 6 inches, with ~1½" platform. Also great looking, with a newly acquired light tan knee leather skirt (pictures coming up :silly:

/A.

Awesome choices! I luv them both!