Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Greetings Heeled and welcome to this forum :-)

To answer your question, you may want to look at this thread here > http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/13020-do_women_like_men_heels.html

Happy heeling !

Cheers guys. :silly:

After what seemed like an eternity, the sandals arrived last weekend - they look and feel great, and I've already taken out the rubbish wearing them! They are the Ellie Juliet 305 model with 3" heel.

Cheers guys. :silly:

After what seemed like an eternity, the sandals arrived last weekend - they look and feel great,

and I've already taken out the rubbish wearing them! They are the Ellie Juliet 305 model with 3" heel.

Well done Heeled !

Those are nice sandals indeed. Are they your first pair of heels ?

Since you cannot attach a picture to your post yet, here they are for others to see.

Next step: Street heeling ?

post-14338-13352293382_thumb.jpg

Hi There Shoe and Boot Lovers!

Here's two offerings I just got within the last two days. The black peep-toe booties were bought at DSW and I actually changed into them as I went into the store in Dockers shoes but snow was starting to fall...so into the heels I changed and wore them out of the store something I hadn't done since buying a pair of "stripper heels" in LA a few years ago. The second pair I noticed at Forever21 and, since I have a passion for wedges, decided they needed to be on my feet. The description says the wedge heel is 5" but I actually measured it at a respectable 5.75", I like the neutral color too which will make your dark colored toes really pop if you like that sort of thing.:silly:

The booties were actually 70% off so they cost me just $16 with tax!

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=footwr_casual&footwr_style=footwr_sandals&footwr_size=&footwr_color=&footwr_price=&product_id=2000014291&Page=1

post-18145-133522933821_thumb.jpg

post-18145-133522933822_thumb.jpeg

I scored a couple of good finds on eBay today.

I picked up a pair of Trista Studded Booties in 13W, and then a pair of gold 3" pumps in size 15 (my usual with Pleaser brand) to go with a gold blouse I bought recently.

I can't wait til they come in the mail. Ah mail order....like Christmas without having to wait for December!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

they look like priceless/big shoe boutique/ barratts shoes, is that right?

Yes Barney, you are spot on.

They are from Priceless shoes. Saw them in their sale on the net.

Cost me the princely sum of £5!

Took a chance on Uk 9, as they didnt have UK10 left.

Glad I did , they fit perfectly and are just so easy to walk in. In fact you forget you have them on. Will have to be careful on that one lol

I scored a couple of good finds on eBay today.

I picked up a pair of Trista Studded Booties in 13W, and then a pair of gold 3" pumps in size 15 (my usual with Pleaser brand)...

So are saying that if you fit comfortably in an Avenue 13W shoe, you need to go to a size 15 in Pleasers? I'm a 13W in Avenue shoes, and it would be good to know what size I should be looking at in Pleasers if I ever want to get any.

So are saying that if you fit comfortably in an Avenue 13W shoe, you need to go to a size 15 in Pleasers? I'm a 13W in Avenue shoes, and it would be good to know what size I should be looking at in Pleasers if I ever want to get any.

A lot of factors make this vary from person to person. I fit comfortably in an Avenue 13W shoe (at least the older ones that were made of leather), and I am good with a size 14 Pleaser with a 3" heel. If I go to a 5" heel, the size 15 can be a lot better.

I guess one factor I didn't think of initially was how much "up-sizing" you need to do in a regular shoe to compensate for it being standard (Medium) width vs Wide. Although by no means scientific, I generally assume that a wide-width shoe is equivilent to an +1 on the size. I have a pair of Naturalizer 12W ankle boots that I can fit into, if it was just a 12M, would have never made it. I never got the impression Pleasers were generously sized, so going up 2 sizes for the M to F conversion is probably about right. It's nice that they actually make them in very large sizes.

yesterday, I visited New Look and bought 3 pairs 9(42) wide fit sandals. The bill came to £20. Plenty of 9s in stock, well worth a visit.

Ok when do we get to see them?? You have me so excided I don' t know what to do. I want to see them, PLEASE. Thank you

My gold 3" pumps came in today, and I was stoked! I now have an oufit with black dress slacks, gold blouse, gold nails, gold earrings, and gold pumps! I would say that is one SHARP ensemble - the heels just put it over the top!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Being winter, I just had to get some boots!:silly: The Brian Atwood -Baretta boots were purchased in black suede, but the picture is too dark, so here they are in brown. They have a 28" shaft, 5.5" heel with a .75" hidden platform. My Christmas present to myself. Just purchased Sunday, Aldo - Dain boots. They are just OTK and have a 4.5" heel (sz36)

post-21588-133522934557_thumb.jpg

post-21588-133522934559_thumb.jpg

Being winter, I just had to get some boots!:silly:

The Brian Atwood -Baretta boots were purchased in black suede, but the picture is too dark, so here they are in brown. They have a 28" shaft, 5.5" heel with a .75" hidden platform. My Christmas present to myself.

Just purchased Sunday, Aldo - Dain boots. They are just OTK and have a 4.5" heel (sz36)

Wow I love the boots in brown I supose the blwack would look better. The other are also very nice.

yesterday, I visited New Look and bought 3 pairs 9(42) wide fit sandals. The bill came to £20. Plenty of 9s in stock, well worth a visit.

Wow you guys are so spoiled would love to get some there myself, but the postage is to high.

Just got these Zanzi wedges from Payless. They are listed as 4.5" heel and 1" platform, but in my size 13 they are 1.5" platform and 5.75" at the back of the heel. Nice to see Payless with some nicely high heels. Very nicely sized and very comfortable.

post-28-133522934724_thumb.jpg

Just got these Zanzi wedges from Payless. They are listed as 4.5" heel and 1" platform, but in my size 13 they are 1.5" platform and 5.75" at the back of the heel....

Sounds like a great pair of shoes if you love height. On the other hand, for an 'ordinary' person, thinking a 4 1/2" heel, with just a 3 1/2" rise, was something they could handle, getting something that much higher might have been an unwelcome surprise to them. Though, that's not untypical with larger sizes, so they are probably used to it.

Nice to see that even indirectly (if not unknowningly), Payless is back to having some larger shoes with some real height to the heels.

Well done Heeled !

Those are nice sandals indeed. Are they your first pair of heels ?

Since you cannot attach a picture to your post yet, here they are for others to see.

Next step: Street heeling ?

Thanks for the complements guys. I'm beginning to get used to the sandals now. :silly: The first time I put them on, it felt strange and yet at the same time exciting, as if an ambition had been realised. Not sure if I'll try street heeling yet, one for later though - although the biggest step for me was buying them.

Yesterday (Sunday 13th) was foul, Rain,RAIN and even more rain. I had to go out to do a "little shop". On the same site was a Charity Shop, so to hell, I went to see if they were open.....on a Sunday! Yes, so I went in and they had some nice shoes there, but none fitted me. On me way out I saw a couple of pairs hiding in the window. I thought one of them looked about my size, so I tried them on and bingo!!!:silly: Magic a great fit. So I walked over to the counter, put my old ones on the counter,and was told they were not bought here.....No but the ones on my feet were. For £6.50, I had a great pair of FAITH shoes, fit like a glove. I kept them on to go to the car:silly:. I wore them then for the rest of the day, that is till bedtime. No less than 12 hours. My son rang me and I told him about them, he was pleased for me. Magic all over. My partner never said a word about them all the time. And so to bed with a big :unsure:.