Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I would love to go shopping for new heels, I have 4 pair and they were all given to me by my wife (her older ones, not new). She is sort of OK with me wearing heels but not getting too carried away with it. I keep joking that I would like to have "these" in a size 10 please and would like to try some on. She doesn't seem to go with it, I think we are going shopping later this evening and I am going to wear thin socks and make some remark about wanting new heels for Christmas and see if I can get there. There is also the fear factor, I have worn my black 3" pumps into the donut store for a week now with only one day someone other than the owner there. The other patron was a female and the only comment I heard her say was "funky". That was it, but of course it is 5:45 am so not too much of a chance to be seen by too many people like trying on shoes in a store? Well, maybe tonight I will make that jump......here's wishing.

Assuming they are still available, any thoughts on trying the other sizes? if you did, I'd suggest ordering both, so you can compare which one is the better one, then decide if that one is good enough.

I had a similar issue with a pair of pumps I was trying to buy from Payless. Naturally I ordered the largest size they had (13W), which is the size I've tried to order my shoes in from them (or else a 13M, if that's all that's available). Surprisingly, the 13W was too large. I don't remember if on the same order, or a different order, but I ended up ordering a 12W and a 13M. I think I ended up keeping the 13M, with I remember now some heel and ball of foot pads, to help take up some of the excessive room that the 13.

While unfortunate that they pair you had might be too large, I'd much rather hear an occasional, "they were too large", instead of the constant, "they're too small" that us larger-size people need to endure.

At this point, I don't think I will re-order. I have a feeling that the 11W would work OK, but I just don't feel like going through the trouble right now with the holidays and all. Now if there was actually a store that carried the wides and larger sizes, I would go try them on. But none around here carry that boot in the big and wide sizes.

Merry Xmas all

Well, having had 3 days off work to cough up a lung......I'm still at my place and won't be at my family until tomorrow evening to ensure I don't give my gran this chest infection (she's 90 don't you know) so a bit of a weird xmas eve and xmas day on the cards.

Anyway, whilst surfing about, the handy ads at the side of my web browser kept telling me that Office had a sale on.......

To review, I had seen these at Kurt Geiger earlier in the year and bought a pair for my birthday, however they were just a bit too small - not enough give over the hidden platform so sadly returned them

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/154277-kg-elvira

at about the same time Office had a "knock-off" pair at almost the same price but had sworn to myself I wouldn't get them until the sale.......

So have just bought these in taupe - would give you that address but appears I may have bought the last pair!

http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/bedroom_antics/37/8171/21758/1/

so Merry Xmas all and may you receive all the heels you desire

R

Hello Sparky,

I am wearing an identical pair without the zip decor. Had them a few months now and they are so comfy. Been out and about in them.

They are on You Tube, with me in them. Search for Neuveglise.

3 Minutes of me.

Muddypaws.

I didn't mention where these came from, they are http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=40601272&index=1&gp_coll_id=5005&gp_cat_id=7000&nav_cat_id=13041&category_id=13042.

They have a feature that I've never seen before too, there is a small piece of elastic inside the back of the heel, I suppose that it is to prevent slippage, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I still get some "floop - floop" (as my heels slip in and out) if I don't keep good toe pressure while walking, otherwise they are very comfortable. They sell them up to size 11 US. I was afraid that they would be to small since I usually have to get 12's. But these are an ample 11.

I have an ever expanding shoe collection. I am waiting for new ones from Nine West, a pair of black and a pair of brown 'ISA' Loafer Pumps.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I just bought my first pair of heels:

http://www.shoesgotsole.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=FXT1213&refid=AC342-FXT1213

I had initially bought Dolly 50's from Pleaser but even shoes at a larger size my toes were unlikely to fit so these were offered instead (this is on eBay). They look exactly the same other than a slightly shorter heel and i guess comparing pics of the two shoes the Dolly's have a sleeker shine. But, i don't really mind. The ones above are still nice. :)

It has been over a month since I bought some but will be buying a pair tomorrow. I was in Target today with my family and I saw a beautiful pair of beige and navy peep toe pumps and they had a pair of size 11. I have become an expert at scanning entire rows of shoes within about a second!! My wife endorses my heel obsession but I don't want my kids finding out. Thus having to return tomorrow. I will post a pic once I have them and when I can figure out how to post pics here!

I just bought my first pair of heels:

http://www.shoesgotsole.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=FXT1213&refid=AC342-FXT1213

I had initially bought Dolly 50's from Pleaser but even shoes at a larger size my toes were unlikely to fit so these were offered instead (this is on eBay). They look exactly the same other than a slightly shorter heel and i guess comparing pics of the two shoes the Dolly's have a sleeker shine. But, i don't really mind. The ones above are still nice. :)

Congratulations on your first purchased high heels. I hope you enjoy wearing them. Have fun!

I just bought these in black. They are a great looking shoe, but unfortunately, my desire for them got the best of me, as the size 11 I bought are much too tight. Also, I have a question. These are the first pair of platform sole shoes I have bought. When I walk in them, the sole doesn't bend at all, and as such, the heel of the shoe geys pulled off the back of my left foot (not the right, as it would take a crow bar to get that one off it's so tight...lol). Anyway, is that common? I do wish these would have fit better. Actually, I wish I had tried them on more than a quick slip on of the right shoe. If I had, I would have known that the fit was not good for me.

post-99-133522931572_thumb.jpg

I just bought these in black. They are a great looking shoe, but unfortunately, my desire for them got the best of me, as the size 11 I bought are much too tight. Also, I have a question. These are the first pair of platform sole shoes I have bought. When I walk in them, the sole doesn't bend at all, and as such, the heel of the shoe geys pulled off the back of my left foot (not the right, as it would take a crow bar to get that one off it's so tight...lol). Anyway, is that common?

I do wish these would have fit better. Actually, I wish I had tried them on more than a quick slip on of the right shoe. If I had, I would have known that the fit was not good for me.

I have quite a few platform shoes, and yes they do not bend I love mine justlast week got a pair of pleasers 5 1/2" with a 1" platform. They are so comfortable to walk in. just wish i could wear them in public.:)

I have found that the platforms are difficult the first several times you put them on but it is becoming my experience that they will get easier and more comfortable as you wear them more often...[ATTACH]11668[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11669[/ATTACH]

=> Nice shoes!

I have found that the platforms are difficult the first several times you put them on but it is becoming my experience that they will get easier and more comfortable as you wear them more often...[ATTACH]11668[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11669[/ATTACH]

I guess my question would be how do you keep them from pulling off you foot at the heel. There si no way I can keep the heel of the shoe on my foot!

:)

New one:

[ATTACH]11665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11669[/ATTACH]

To both of you: both of those high heels are very nice. I especially love the oxfords and the pumps are very nice, too! Congratulations to you both on your new shoes.

[ATTACH]11669[/ATTACH]

Beautiful heels! Love them! :)

New babies bought from topshop office concession in oxford st. tonight. while i was there i ended up chatting to the woman next to me who was trying on the same style (the plain black ankle boots) who said we must both have great taste in shoes! i was having trouble getting them off as they are a velvet material and she showed me her way which worked a treat! ended up chatting away for about 20mins while trying them both out. she ended up getting the leopard print version in the same style. she was totally cool with the idea and was complaining that there were too many shoes to choose from in the sale.

post-1012-133522931761_thumb.jpg

post-1012-133522931769_thumb.jpg

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

The shoes are fantastic. I just can't wait till I have the nerve to go in and try on some and buy a pair. My wife is sort of cool with it, she has even given me a pair or two. I can't seem to convience her that we should go try on shoes together....yet.