Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I bought these (hoping the link will work), a few days ago, in a Wal-Mart, for Cdn 19 $. Imagine, they are a size 11 US, a size which I have seen for the first time, in the Quebec City area.

You were very lucky to find a nice pair of shoes in size 11 at Wal-Mart.

Each time I look at Wal-Mart, they never got shoes that nice in size 11.

Maybe I will look again soon !

I bought these (hoping the link will work), a few days ago, in a Wal-Mart, for Cdn 19 $. Imagine, they are a size 11 US, a size which I have seen for the first time, in the Quebec City area.

That is a great looking pair of high heels, and to get them from Wal-Mart in size 11 is a great find. Have fun wearing them.

Every wardrobe must include at least one pair of black suede classic pumps with stiletto heels. They're so versatile and can be worn with almost any outfit. From t-shirts and jeans to your favorite little black dress. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Every wardrobe must include at least one pair of black suede classic pumps with stiletto heels. They're so versatile and can be worn with almost any outfit. From t-shirts and jeans to your favorite little black dress. :)

I agree!! Every person (both girls AND guys) should have a pair of classic black pumps with stiletto heels! Whether they're suede, leather or something else is up to you. But everyone should have a great pair of black pumps that can go with any outfit.

I just picked up a new pair of black "Karma" pumps from Payless during my sojourn down to Denver - 3-4" stiletto heels (haven't measured for sure yet) with round toes. They are SO comfy and they breathe, so they are a joy to wear daily!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

At this point I don't wear alot of the shoes that I buy out of the house. I am more of a boot guy. Plus with winter fast approaching they won't see much action either. But if I were to wear them out I don't see why they couldn't be worm with jeans. Even though they are elegant, that is how I tried them on in the store, and they looked damn good.

As far as the where I would wear them. Based on what I see on womens feet around here they are a little too dressy for everyday. They would probably have to be worn for a night out to a club or something.

I am open to other outfit and location suggestions though.

Mr. X: Do I spy a pair of sandals from 6IHF.com there amongst the maple leaves? If so, I'd really like to hear about your experience with the retailer/Etailer as I have almost picked up the phone and ordered from their site a number of times. Owing to 1) the fact that they don't exactly give their HHs away, and 2) they don't put the shoe size on most of the descriptions of the shoes pictured making it hard to judge how a China size 42 or 43 might fit, I havent' taken the plunge. Any info you could provide would be most appreciated.

UpBy5 (I'm new)

I just picked up a new pair of black "Karma" pumps from Payless during my sojourn down to Denver - 3-4" stiletto heels (haven't measured for sure yet) with round toes. They are SO comfy and they breathe, so they are a joy to wear daily!

Bravo to you! I bought a pair of the "Karma" pumps a few weeks back and they are great shoes, very comfortable, very easy to wear. Oh, and for whatever it's worth, I measure heels from the back and these came out to four inches.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mr. X: Do I spy a pair of sandals from 6IHF.com there amongst the maple leaves? If so, I'd really like to hear about your experience with the retailer/Etailer as I have almost picked up the phone and ordered from their site a number of times. Owing to 1) the fact that they don't exactly give their HHs away, and 2) they don't put the shoe size on most of the descriptions of the shoes pictured making it hard to judge how a China size 42 or 43 might fit, I havent' taken the plunge. Any info you could provide would be most appreciated.

UpBy5 (I'm new)

These shoes are not from 6IHF UpBy5. There are from Aldo. I have no experience with 6IHF. I had never heard of that company until now. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Got any picture of them or a link you can post ?

Hi Shoe and Boot Lovers, I bought my first shoe at Steve Madden yesterday, the CARYSSA, which is is a dead ringer for Bakers' VICTORIA, except I never got that one in a neutral blush color and, for some reason, Steve Madden's styles seem to run bigger than Bakers' do. I had a very nice conversation with the SA as I tried on these pumps which have a 5.6" heel like the VICTORIA does. One thing Steve Madden does differently is they have a list they can show you of what styles they carry (on hand) in size 11 which is great importance to forumers here. HappyinHeels:wavey:

post-18145-133522925382_thumb.jpg

Hi all. Here is my latest purchase. Bandolino, size 11 US.. 4" heels. From The Shoe Department. They had numerous styles in sizes 11 and 12, as well as many in wide widths. They will get a lot of business from me! Well, for some reason I am unable to upload these pictures. I will try again later. Sorry!

HI have a nice pair of high heels to and so much want to show you but cant post a photo...

I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Shoe and Boot Lovers,

I bought my first shoe at Steve Madden yesterday, the CARYSSA, which is is a dead ringer for Bakers' VICTORIA, except I never got that one in a neutral blush color and, for some reason, Steve Madden's styles seem to run bigger than Bakers' do. I had a very nice conversation with the SA as I tried on these pumps which have a 5.6" heel like the VICTORIA does. One thing Steve Madden does differently is they have a list they can show you of what styles they carry (on hand) in size 11 which is great importance to forumers here.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

Nice choice! I have been looking at Steve Madden's Caryssa on Zappos, awesome shoe!

Hi all. Here is my latest purchase. Bandolino, size 11 US.. 4" heels. From The Shoe Department. They had numerous styles in sizes 11 and 12, as well as many in wide widths. They will get a lot of business from me!

Well, for some reason I am unable to upload these pictures. I will try again later. Sorry!

Use the advanced posting interface which has the upload attachments functions on it. If your simply using the "Quick reply" window at the bottom of this page it wont work.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Thanks for the compliments. I have enjoyed wearing them as well. I have to admit, however, that as of latethe thrill comes from trying on in the store as much as actually having them to wear. Sad but true!

...I have to admit, however, that as of late the thrill comes from trying

on in the store as much as actually having them to wear. Sad but true!

I don't see anything "sad" about this !

In my opinion, it is absolutely normal to enjoy trying on shoes in the store and also wearing them.

(Unless I did not understand what you really meant...)

Happy heeling all !

I don't see anything "sad" about this !

In my opinion, it is absolutely normal to enjoy trying on shoes in the store and also wearing them.

(Unless I did not understand what you really meant...)

Happy heeling all !

I say sad because once I have them, I usually only get a few wearings before I'm tiring of them and on the hunt for something new. And also, I am getting a much bigger kick out of the shopping and trying than the actual wearing of the heels. Hard to explain, but I have always dreamed of just going into a store and being able to try on anything I wanted without feeling stress, and now I am, on a still small level, doing just that! As I've stated before, I don't think you'll ever find me in the Macy's shoe section strutting in front of the mirror in heels on a crowded Sunday afternoon, but I am willing to try on when the stores are not crowded. I have certainly learned that the store clerks really don't care. I just don't want to be gawked at by the other customers, if you know what I mean.

RonC :-)

I know exactly what you mean because your story is somewhat similar to mine.

(And to many others I'm sure)

But with time, I am controlling my urge and I don't do "impulsive" buying anymore.

Here is how I do it.

When I see nice shoes or boots, I give them a "rating" in percentage.

If the rating is less than 90% then I simply don't buy them.

It is hard at first but you get used to it with time.

There are three immediate results doing this:

1 - The shoes and boots you buy are much nicer (and you will wear them more often)

2 - You don't regret buying it just after leaving the store

3 - At the end, you save money because you buy much less

But I admit my rating system is not working very well these past few weeks...

Simply because Aldo's and Spring's fall collection are very nice (maybe too nice...)

I think I will have to increase the "passage" note from 90% to 95% ... :wave:

RonC :-)

I know exactly what you mean because your story is somewhat similar to mine.

(And to many others I'm sure)

But with time, I am controlling my urge and I don't do "impulsive" buying anymore.

Here is how I do it.

When I see nice shoes or boots, I give them a "rating" in percentage.

If the rating is less than 90% then I simply don't buy them.

It is hard at first but you get used to it with time.

There are three immediate results doing this:

1 - The shoes and boots you buy are much nicer (and you will wear them more often)

2 - You don't regret buying it just after leaving the store

3 - At the end, you save money because you buy much less

But I admit my rating system is not working very well these past few weeks...

Simply because Aldo's and Spring's fall collection are very nice (maybe too nice...)

I think I will have to increase the "passage" note from 90% to 95% ... :wave:

Well, that could work...if I had any willpower..lol

Actually, if I can just try them on, often that will satisfy my desire, because quite often, the fit isn't what I'm looking for, or the shoe just doesn't look the same on the foot as it did on the shelf. Fortunately, it doesn't cost anything to try them on (yet...they'll probably start charging for that too.)

One thing I haven't tried yet is Zappos and their generous return policy. That would be a great way to get to try a bunch of shoes and really get a good feel for fit and look. Unfortunately, my wife would not approve!

I did look at Aldo and Spring last week. Almost tried on a couple things at Spring but the store was a bit too crowded for my comfort. Aldo seems to be almost all platforms, which are not my thing, so there's nothing tehre that I really was interested in. Maybe I'll get back to Spring for those great looking round toe pumps I was eyeing.

Got these today. Yes, I know they are might not qualify in some peoples mind as high heels but they feel great to me.

Don't worry about that. I think those shoes look mondo nice! I hope you enjoy them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Got these today. Yes, I know they are might not qualify in

some peoples mind as high heels but they feel great to me.

Nice wedge heel shoes. (BTW, it doesn't matter if the heel is not very high)

What is important is the fact they feel great and you like them.

Happy heeling !