gj

Who has bought some new shoes

7,554 posts in this topic

Wearing heels to church?  I do too, regularly.  No one cares and I even get some compliments.  Nice....    sf

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've worn heels into church a couple of times but I'm uncomfortable on several levels. My heels are noisy (which I usually like) and I also I'm aware of how different I am and church is such a traditional environment I feel like a fish out of water. I fear that I could be seen as being confrontational to the congregation, maybe even disrespectful to the traditional ways - if that makes sense?

Anyway I've only ever worn heels to weddings - not for regular church services.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 11:50 PM, nzfreestyler said:

I've worn heels into church a couple of times but I'm uncomfortable on several levels. My heels are noisy (which I usually like) and I also I'm aware of how different I am and church is such a traditional environment I feel like a fish out of water. I fear that I could be seen as being confrontational to the congregation, maybe even disrespectful to the traditional ways - if that makes sense?

Anyway I've only ever worn heels to weddings - not for regular church services.

Probably a little off topic, but one of the places I GET to wear heels without feeling any discomfort is at church. However, I've been around for so long (40 years) that what are they going to do? Excommunicate me over heels? :giggle: Up until last year, no one had ever said a word to me about my heels, but then I found out through conversation that a lot of the old ladies were checking me out every week, not because I was odd to them or as a show of disapproval, but rather they wanted to see what shoes I was wearing THIS week! It was rather nice to find that out. I feel very lucky. I am sorry that you feel like a fish out of water at church. Ideally, a church should be a welcoming community no matter who you are. I know we fail badly at this oftentimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

they wanted to see what shoes I was wearing THIS week! It was rather nice to find that out. I feel very lucky.

I hope you help them out by showing your shoes to them.  I'm often stopped by women at work so they can see what heels I have on. If I have long pants on they ask me to raise my pants. You get a nice feeling from these encounters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just collected my new Pleaser, devious scream 01 heels. they are size 10 with a 6 3/4" heel and 5mm dia heel tip. they are too high to walk in, standing is a challenge but awesome in bed

 

DSCF0557.JPG

Edited by Blacksheep
changed pic
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My goodness they are high! I like the stiletto - I've got many that are the same diameter - I love finer heels - but that is very high for the foot. Definitely walking would be a challenge for sure !!!

Enjoy !

PS. Lovely anklet too!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.

In the summer I mostly wear high heel sandals with shorts to work. 90% wedges, 10% CFMs. But I thinking of wearing a pair of booties with my shorts. I will have a pair of very short socks that will not come above the booties' shafts. Has anybody tried this look or have an opinion on this "look"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

As you can see, I have and wear and love my own pumps.    spikesmike

DSCF4023.old.JPG

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

As you can see, I have and wear and love my own pumps.    spikesmike

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Lovely pumps. I love the play of demure rounded toe (typical of a youthful innocent ballet flat or mary-jane) paired with a fierce stiletto heel !

Standing on a table top in heels and a skirt. Now that's a bold move!

I've been there a few times too - but if you have to step off quickly because you trip or worse the table tips... then you've got to land in heels from an awkward starting position.... I'd hate for you to break anything (bones or heels equally tragic)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cali said:

Hi all.

In the summer I mostly wear high heel sandals with shorts to work. 90% wedges, 10% CFMs. But I thinking of wearing a pair of booties with my shorts. I will have a pair of very short socks that will not come above the booties' shafts. Has anybody tried this look or have an opinion on this "look"?

Hi Cali - what style is CFM ?

Forgive me - its not a term I'm familiar with way down yonder here in NZ .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Cali - what style is CFM ?

Forgive me - its not a term I'm familiar with way down yonder here in NZ .

Heh, heh, I think what he meant to say is "stiletto."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Heh, heh, I think what he meant to say is "stiletto."

Hi,

yes another kind member has messaged me and told me the origins of CFM - we don't use this expression down here, but I am enlightened and wiser now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

As you can see, I have and wear and love my own pumps.    spikesmike

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Very nice!!i love round caps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

Hi Cali - what style is CFM ?

Forgive me - its not a term I'm familiar with way down yonder here in NZ .

Sorry, been off at work. Here's some examples of my CFM's: the Steve Madden Dreamgrl and the Bamboo t-strap. I had never heard the term until one day a work a woman told me that I had CFMs on.

SM Dreamgrl.jpg

bamboo perforated t-strap platform 01.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cali said:

Sorry, been off at work. Here's some examples of my CFM's: the Steve Madden Dreamgrl and the Bamboo t-strap. I had never heard the term until one day a work a woman told me that I had CFMs on.

SM Dreamgrl.jpg

bamboo perforated t-strap platform 01.jpg

I wouldn't think you could get very many CFM out of those shoes. I think you'd need something more like this: :confused:IMG_8408.thumb.PNG.24fa396bdae3e6222bd1f6206be7b875.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I wouldn't think you could get very many CFM out of those shoes. I think you'd need something more like this: :confused:IMG_8408.thumb.PNG.24fa396bdae3e6222bd1f6206be7b875.PNG

Ha ha!  For one minute, Mlroseplant, I thought you had treated us to another view of the fascinating plumbing in your basement.   But it's far too clean and tidy for that!

WE do use the CFM term in the UK in the sense Cali suggested.   But I always think it is derogatory and does shoe lovers no favours; sexy shoes do not automatically imply a desire for or offer of sex.   As an aside, the term 'pumps' is not generally applied to footwear in the UK; the usual term for a closed slip-on shoe with a heel is a 'court'.   That said, some folks call gym shoes (plimsolls) 'pumps', especially in the north of England, and the term can also be used to describe a light flat shoe for dancing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Puffer said:

Ha ha!  For one minute, Mlroseplant, I thought you had treated us to another view of the fascinating plumbing in your basement.   But it's far too clean and tidy for that!

WE do use the CFM term in the UK in the sense Cali suggested.   But I always think it is derogatory and does shoe lovers no favours; sexy shoes do not automatically imply a desire for or offer of sex.   As an aside, the term 'pumps' is not generally applied to footwear in the UK; the usual term for a closed slip-on shoe with a heel is a 'court'.   That said, some folks call gym shoes (plimsolls) 'pumps', especially in the north of England, and the term can also be used to describe a light flat shoe for dancing. 

Ah yes, The CFM Heel - - - AKA  Hooker heels, Stripper Heels, slut pumps and Booty Wedges. Not to be left out are the Bitch boots.

All terms referring to any elevated heels moderate conservative women would ''never wear" beyond kitten heels---------at least in these parts.

Any non-professional wearing such horridly high heels is just a loose liberal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most all of mine and my GF's are CFM's and are worn out in public  the usual comment is how do you walk in those shoes? To which my reply is with my feet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women tell me things all the time.That day I had my T-strap Bamboos on and a woman came up to me and told me "You know women sometimes call those shoes CFM's". "CFM's?" Then she told what the acronym stood for. I been using that term ever since because it makes me laugh. I too get the comment "how do you walk in those shoes?" all the time. I have various answers depending if I know the person or not. Sometimes I just say "with style".

Today a woman at work waited for me then told me she just had to tell me she loved my heels. I thanked her and laughed because I had been doing some athletic activity and just put on my run around shoes on - Steve Madden wedge Mules, on the way to a pedicure.

Edited by Cali
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I wouldn't think you could get very many CFM out of those shoes. I think you'd need something more like this: :confused:IMG_8408.thumb.PNG.24fa396bdae3e6222bd1f6206be7b875.PNG

Just so everyone understands my feeble attempt at humor, the term "CFM" rightfully and normally would be interpreted as "Cubic Feet per Minute," in the U.S. This could describe the size and maximum performance of the above-pictured pump. I didn't just suddenly want to post pictures of plumbing. I really was trying to be funny. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for completely derailing this thread, so I'll try to make up for it by posting actual new shoes. 

These are my first ever brightly colored shoes, and I have actually worn them out a couple of times, with really no more reaction than usual. They are BCBG, I don't know exactly what style line or model they are, but it's not the super cheap line, because they're made in Brazil, not China. 

They have a 4 1/2 inch heel, with a 3/4 inch platform. The heel is slimmer, but not a stiletto, obviously. There is a bamboo weave type detail on the heel and the platform, and it is actually textured, not just printed.

Comfort-wise, they're not too bad. They are just a little tight on my small toes, but that is already getting noticeably better with just a few wearings. I don't know how I can fit the term "Cubic Feet per Minute" in here for one last little chuckle, but in my opinion, these are definitely not CFM shoes. Except for the color, there is not anything particularly interesting about them. They're just rather nice looking, I think. 

IMG_8414.JPG

IMG_8415.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - welcome to the world of colour! Thats what I really like about high heels - the variety of styles AND colours.

Once you've worn red a bit I'm sure you'll appreciate the 'feel good' factor that red shoes will give you. The red colour can literally brighten a dull day, and make us feel better about ourselves, or a little more confident.

The look well made, with good quality uppers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, spikesmike said:

Blacksheep : Exceptionally nice pumps. Nothing is more classy than black patent leather pumps. Also, they go with anything.

As you can see, I have and wear and love my own pumps.    spikesmike

DSCF4023.old.JPG

Looks great with the jeans skirt!!

And that looks like a wonderful yard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CFM....   Other than mlroseplant's definition, I am not familiar with the term CFM...  I guess I'm just L7......  ha ha    sf

Edited by SF
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now