Who has bought some new shoes

gj

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

The latest up for display are some shoes that I ordered right before I left the country for a couple of weeks. They came in the mail while I was gone. I would not have normally done that, but these red Steve Madden Ronni pumps came up in my Poshmark feed, and I really couldn't pass them up. I don't have any red pumps, and for a mere $18, I thought maybe it was time to try. I have this exact model in beige/nude, so I knew what I was getting. Or so I thought.

These roundish-toed single-sole pumps have 4 1/4" stiletto heels, and they are noticeably thicker heels, at 3/8", than most Steve Madden stiletto heeled models, such as the Daisie. They are pretty comfortable for what they are. I wore them about 3 hours yesterday at church. Now for the bad part--they were advertised as being size 9, what actually came was size 9 1/2. I thought it would be ok, but after about 20 minutes, it was obvious that they are too big. They might work well as-is worn barefoot, but with stockings they are clearly too big for me. Both heels were slipping with every step. Luckily, they are of such a design that this is merely an irritant, and not a showstopping embarrassment. If my pants had been a couple of inches shorter, that could have been a bad look, but I don't think anybody noticed. In fact, I got zero comments, which surprised me a bit given their bold color.

After getting home from church, I fiddled around with various inserts and techniques. I think they'll be ok in the end, but I sure wish stupid seller had gotten her ad correct. I would never have bought these if I had known they were 9 1/2. Still, I'm not giving up on them yet. I really like the color and style, and it's not like I paid $100 for them.

SMRonniRedFront.jpg

SMRonniRedClose.jpg

I had a pair that looked like those when I was 15.  Wore them out and it was a sad day when I parted with them.  I currently have a pair of Nine West red stiletto pumps with 4 1/2” heels that I wore to a restaurant yesterday.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

HappyinHeels.....    How you?  Like the pics, nice sandals....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

21 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Very deep red. Look good.

Yeah, the color was what sort of got me besides the price--it is definitely not tomato red. What you see on your screen might not be exactly the true color (the angle of the sun this time of year is giving me fits for taking photos after church, overcast days are much better for that purpose), but it's definitely more of a hunter red, with plenty of blue in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm posting in here yet again. The worst thing is, it won't be the last, I have a couple more pairs coming. Anyhow, these are my Steve Madden Varcityy purple suede pumps. I mentioned this elsewhere, but the camera doesn't see the color like I see it in real life. They sure look way pinker in these photos than I see them, but it doesn't much matter, I like them either way.

They are exactly the same as the black and tan shoes I wore a couple of weeks ago--4 5/8" heel that is plain plastic, i.e., not suede covered. Which is just fine by me, it's more resistant to damage that way. It is very skinny, at 1/4" wide. There was some wear on the heels, as if somebody actually wore these someplace in the past. I had to shoe stretcher them a bit to get them to be more comfortable, but not much. I think I'm getting a little bit better about managing such high heels. There were times when I actually felt sort of graceful. Maybe that's a good thing, since I have another pair just like it on the way in bright blue!

SMVarcityyPRClose.jpg

SMVarcityyPR:PR.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought these Söfft Willa shooties on a whim. A nostalgic whim. Early in my heeling days, in late 2012, I bought an identical pair brand new from Amazon. I can remember wearing them quite a bit in the early days, as they were fairly tame at 3 1/2" in height, and had very plain styling. I cannot remember why I got rid of them. I do seem to remember this spot around the zipper that caused me some discomfort, but the memory isn't that vivid. In any case, that does not seem to be a problem with this new-to-me pair. I've worn them outside long enough to know that there are no comfort issues. I do remember a point where I got rid of almost all my shoes that were less than 4", as if that were some badge of honor or something. Maybe that had something to do with it. I don't suffer from such hangups now, and every once in a while, you need something in that 3 - 3 1/2" range.

One thing that has not changed is the noise level on these shoes. I remember my old pair being super loud. Part of that was being self-conscious, but they are on the loud side. As I said before, they've got 3 1/2" high heels with no platform, and the heels are cone-ish shaped, and kind of underslung, cowboy boot style. The heels are approximately 1 inch thick at the bottom, so they definitely do not make a "clicking" sound. Their sound is much lower in pitch. What I did not manage to get into the pictures is that there is a short zip on the inside of the shoes, and the buckle you can see is merely decorative.

The weather has been really lousy here for a couple of weeks, so I don't have a picture of me wearing them. It's back to the top of the washing machine for now.

SöfftWillaSide.jpg

SöfftWillaTop.jpg

• Like 1

This is a pair I could wear without difficulty almost any where.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Over the past several weeks I’ve been receiving emails from a Website called “Temu.” I guess the IA feature built into the browser I usually use, has honed in on my interest in women’s shoe sites and automatically shunted this one to me.  

Now, this seller features casual clothing and shoes for both men and women.  The selection of shoes available on the women’s side are a mixture of trainers, canvas slip on, and leather loafers. All low heels but very attractive.  

While I doubt not many of our members here would find this site interesting because it doesn’t feature “high heels,” it does present many interesting and different good looking styles that male wearers of girls shoes will might find attractive.

At this moment I am not in the market for any more shoes.  However, should the need (desire) arise over the next few months,  I believe I will definitely take a second look.

• Like 1

I too have received Temu e-mails.  It is a Chinese marketplace (somewhat like Amazon) with a wide range of products, mostly at low competitive prices - especially where the same item is offered by several sellers.   Although some customers have complained about missing, damaged or incorrect items, the general trend is of satisfaction.   I recently bought a selection of small tools and workshop items with a total cost of about £17 (with free delivery for £15+) and they arrived within a week exactly as ordered and with no apparent defects.   There is a free returns service if needed.

I  did search more widely on the Temu website and there are many footwear items offered - including a large number of high-heeled shoes, boots and sandals, including stilettos.   So, I am surprised that Bubba could not see any; maybe the offerings to US customers are different?   I don't know what the quality is like; the low prices (typically £10 - 40) may be indicative.

Edited by Puffer
typo

3 hours ago, Puffer said:

I too have received Temu e-mails.  It is a Chinese marketplace (somewhat like Amazon) with a wide range of products, mostly at low competitive prices - especially where the same item is offered by several sellers.   Although some customers have complained about missing, damaged or incorrect items, the general trend is of satisfaction.   I recently bought a selection of small tools and workshop items with a total cost of about £17 (with free delivery for £15+) and they arrived within a week exactly as ordered and with no apparent defects.   There is a free returns service if needed.

I  did search more widely on the Temu website and there are many footwear items offered - including a large number of high-heeled shoes, boots and sandals, including stilettos.   So, I am surprised that Bubba could not see any; maybe the offerings to US customers are different?   I don't know what the quality is like; the low prices (typically £10 - 40) may be indicative.

That shows how diligent I am at actually reviewing unsolicited websites.  I rarely go beyond the first page of any unsolicited website.  Once I have satisfied my curiosity as to what it’s all about, I usually just press the “Spam” option and delete it.  Since I sold my house and downsized my lifestyle over the past two years,  I find that I am not in the market for anything these days, which doesn’t mean that my curiosity has been diminished, just that I am living on what’s remaining.

Edited by Bubba136

I too have received the e-mails from Temu. Low heeled but nice looking heels. I ordered a pair just to try them out. When I get them I will report on their fit and quality, as they are very cheaply priced. Incidentally, I have bought some women's clothing from them in the past ie: leggings, and bike shorts which fit me well and I liked them. The quality was good too! One of my grand-daughters is always buying things from them and she been very happy with her purchases from them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I grabbed another pair of heels from Mercari. Officially, I'm an 11W. Most times, I size up to a 12 and get heel grips. It usually works. These, I'm not sure if I'll need a heel grip. Haven't had a chance to do more than try them on and walk around the bedroom yet so time will tell. 

m_6542bb2956b2f871f34fdc66.jpg

m_6542bb5e1741be60e6ca56e7.jpg

• Like 4

Here are my latest. They brand is pleaser party and prom. And the heel measures 4 and 3/4 inches. They are in mint condition, and they don't look like they have been worn even once. I believe these shoes would qualify as "Disney Princess" or "Barbie" shoes. And the best part is I got them in a thrift store for $20.

20240416_162958.jpg

Edited by Mr. X

On 4/16/2024 at 5:56 PM, Mr. X said:

Here are my latest. They brand is pleaser party and prom. And the heel measures 4 and 3/4 inches. They are in mint condition, and they don't look like they have been worn even once. I believe these shoes would qualify as "Disney Princess" or "Barbie" shoes. And the best part is I got them in a thrift store for $20.

20240416_162958.jpg

Very feminine looking.  Where would you wear them and how would you dress?  I don’t think they would look good with my “laid back fashion” preference.