Who has bought some new shoes

gj

On 5/7/2023 at 6:32 PM, roundy said:

Nice collection of colours! Love the hot pink!

The gel inserts make them much more comfortable for you?

Thank you. The gel inserts we're from a supportive girlfriend when dressed en femme for a fundraiser / halloween party

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 2:55 AM, mlroseplant said:

I would be curious to know how long the pattern would stay on the bottom.

Depends on if it's painted or if the entire bottom material is formed from a material of that print. Do agree, if it's painted then it doesn't last too long (have a few shoes with painted bottoms).

I have been trying to find a pair of Slingbacks myself.  The hard part is finding a pair that don't look like clunkers in the front, which most usually are.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, Mr. X said:

I have been trying to find a pair of Slingbacks myself.  The hard part is finding a pair that don't look like clunkers in the front, which most usually are.

On order through Aliexpress 

I am definitely way behind on introducing new shoes to this forum, so after I finish writing this, I'll be slightly less behind. Since this is my latest pair, I guess we're going in reverse chronological order. I wore these for the first (and only, so far) time a few days ago to church, documented elsewhere.

The facts: Brand is Caressa, which appears to be made in Spain. Never heard of them. One shoe is labeled Caressa Prestige, the other simply "Caressa." I don't know if that's on purpose or not. They are size 9 USW, and they're pretty much a perfect fit, perhaps a little snug. Leather uppers, manmade liner and sole. Not a super high quality shoe, but not terrible, either. 4 1/8" cone-ish shaped heels, that taper to about 5/8" at the bottom, so not super thin, either. They were comfortable enough for the 3 hours I wore them. I did have to punch new holes in the straps because they were too big by 1/2". These are my first Mary Janes ever. I think I like them.

CaressaMaryJanesFront.jpg

CaressaMaryJanesSide.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are my latest.  I think these qualify as a classic stiletto.  I got them in a thrift shop for just over $10.  The brand is ALDO and the heel is a pencil-thin 4 and a 1/2 inches.The shoe is a soft suede like material and comes up to a bit of a point at the back. The condition is pretty good except for the obvious wear on the bottom.   But I was wondering what the best way is to clean a shoe of this material?

20230813_203122.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that I'm a sucker for a Dillard's clearance sale. After going back and forth due to the "non returnable" status that the deep discounts come attached with, I settled on a couple pairs and saved a little over $100.  I have these in another color that's a lot bolder and not easily styled. So I patiently waited for the staple colors to go on sale. 

I bought some peep toe half d'orsay pumps back in May. I tried on one in the store and it was snug but not uncomfortable.  Then I got home and put them both on and on the shoe I didn't try on in the store, the back of the shoe painfully dug into my tendon.  It was like they were two different size shoes. So unfortunately those had to go back. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b92d5e9066952fc4960ed06f87dbf4d.jpeg

np.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Never had a pair of Gianni Bini before. Let us know how they work out! For something you just bought at a retail outlet, they look refreshingly normal!

My size (for reference) would be an 11W in women's shoes when I can  find them. If not, I try sizing up to a 12. It works well with most of the shoe styles I prefer but not so much with most pumps(heel gap).  It worked perfectly fine with this shoe style. The toe box is about as snug as you would expect from a 4" heel but not overly tight or pinching. The added length from sizing up is not noticeable.  The padding is decent and they're overall pretty comfortable. I haven't ever tried wearing them for extended periods of more than an hour so I can't say anything about long term comfort. But most of the reviews seem to approve in that regard. 

As far as normal... seems the choices are getting slim for normalcy with platforms being the style for the year. Finding a reasonable sized platform can be a bit of a challenge. 

I'll probably gamble on a pair of GB pumps before long if I catch the right sale. 

Just embrace the platform.. I love my platform heels.   LOL

I have many Jessica Simpson heels and they all have PLATFORMS. And they all get compliments everytime I wear one.

• Like 1

I’ve never been a fan of platform - to me they spoil the clean lines and elegance of a high heel - but some of the styles of shoes and sandals I’ve seen on here manage to retain that. I’ve seen several pair in posts lately that I could imagine wearing.

4 hours ago, Cali said:

Just embrace the platform.. I love my platform heels.   LOL

I have many Jessica Simpson heels and they all have PLATFORMS. And they all get compliments everytime I wear one.

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve never been a fan of platform - to me they spoil the clean lines and elegance of a high heel - but some of the styles of shoes and sandals I’ve seen on here manage to retain that. I’ve seen several pair in posts lately that I could imagine wearing.

I've seen many platforms that I would love to have(especially Jessica Simpson shoes). But when the platform gets up to the 2" range, I'm not so easily enamoured.  

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 4:59 AM, Peeptoe said:

Seems that I'm a sucker for a Dillard's clearance sale. After going back and forth due to the "non returnable" status that the deep discounts come attached with, I settled on a couple pairs and saved a little over $100.  I have these in another color that's a lot bolder and not easily styled. So I patiently waited for the staple colors to go on sale. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b92d5e9066952fc4960ed06f87dbf4d.jpeg

I like these but would call them sandals, not shoes, so technically you are posting in the wrong thread!   As to platforms, these are as thick as I would ever consider acceptable; anything more just looks clumpy - especially with any sandal or open shoe.

It's not so much the platform in and of itself that makes many of this season's offerings objectionable. It's the sheer size and mass of the whole package. Being on social media, I have seen many pictures of my friends' kids going back to school now that summer is over, at least in spirit. The girls pair the absolute hugest shoes it is possible to get outside of a costume shop with floaty little skirts or tiny little shorts. A disproportional look for sure.

I went to a shoe store to buy my son some new shoes for school. Of course, I had to look on the other side of the store to see what awfulness was available for me. I was not disappointed. There was not one shoe that did not feature a massively wide heel instead of something more proportional to the human body.

We've dealt with platforms before, at least twice before in my lifetime. Some people like them, some people hate them. Some people like them in moderation (I would like to think I fall into this camp). It's just that the latest iteration of the platform is so exaggerated in every proportion as to be cartoonish.

Of course there are now platform soles, some of them truly Frankenstein-ish, found on sneakers and adding extra clumpiness to combat boot styles. We do not live in an age where subtlety and nuance are appreciated and valued