Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Sometimes the chain will have a website that will tell which stores in a certain region has that shoe in your size in stock. Saves driving around.  I've been wearing skinny jeans for years now since I like to wear my knee high boots on the outside.

12 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

So my latest challenge to myself is to wear tight jeans with pumps, as I really like the look. Have previously worn a pair of black jeans and black 5" stiletto pumps, matt black non-leather, a combination I think looks fantastic. I also have a pair of 4" heels, which are leather, and they're super comfortable, but they have a small platform, and are more office-style than elegant. Been complimented when wearing either one! I've been on the lookout for some very elegant, **leather**, black pumps. But have so many heels that I didn't want to spend a lot...

Was at a department store a few days ago, just browsing around, lots of clearance stuff. Checked out the shoes, not expecting to find anything, as it's a pretty lame dept store otherwise. But my eyes caught one (and only one! how sad) shoe with ~4" heels. It was a very attractive looking pair of pumps, black, leather. These ones specifically:

https://www.stevemadden.ca/products/vala-black-leather

Not sure why that store sells shoes from all sorts of different brands, but whatever. Clearance, ~$90, plus 30% discount. Awesome! But only had like 2 sizes, nowhere near close to what I need. Disappointing.

The shoes looked so gorgeous, couldn't get them out of my mind, but didn't want to pay the full $125 (from the link above).

A few days later, visited another store from the same chain, hoping, maybe. Found the heels, but not in my size. :(  On my way home, drove by another store from that chain, and after some searching found the shoes, those shoes, and they had 1 pair in my size! Quickly tried them on, perfect fit, and bought them... Was ~$70 all in. Probably my most expensive purchase in a long time, but it's exactly what I was looking for. 4.5" heel, matt black leather, pumps. So am happy! Won't have a chance to try them outside for quite a while though.

If you're ever in the market again, Steve Madden has another model called "Daisie," which is very similar to the Vala, but without the severely set back heel. Highly recommend, and you can usually find any number of these on Poshmark for quite a bit cheaper. Most people selling them either never wore them, or wore them once. I mean, let's be honest--they are beyond most people's skill set.

Try looking for jeans on Poshmark, too! There's a ton of 'em really cheap.

14 hours ago, Cali said:

Sometimes the chain will have a website that will tell which stores in a certain region has that shoe in your size in stock. Saves driving around.  I've been wearing skinny jeans for years now since I like to wear my knee high boots on the outside.

I did try that! On their website they didn't have it in black, only in Neutral color, it's not exactly the greatest website, or stock tracker... :(

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If you're ever in the market again, Steve Madden has another model called "Daisie," which is very similar to the Vala, but without the severely set back heel. Highly recommend, and you can usually find any number of these on Poshmark for quite a bit cheaper. Most people selling them either never wore them, or wore them once. I mean, let's be honest--they are beyond most people's skill set.

Try looking for jeans on Poshmark, too! There's a ton of 'em really cheap.

Thanks for the tips! You're right, Daisie is very similar, and I'll keep my eye out for them! Never used Poshmark, but will check it out.

Found the "nude" version of the Steve Madden's I bought a few days ago. The black ones turned out to be so comfortable and easy to walk in, when I saw the "nude" version, I couldn't resist, although I really need to not buy more stuff now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I got these recently from a local online buy and sell.  The brand is Jewel Badgley Mischka.  They have a 4.25" heel

20230316_2035181.jpg

Those are super cute! I have thus far shied away from buying this style or similar because I always wonder what those thin straps are going to feel like after a couple of hours. Let us know how they wear in the real world at some point, wouldya? I understand that it may be several months before the weather is cooperative.

Not sure if these will ever see the light of day @miroseplant I know absolutely that I have pairs of shoes that have never seen the light of day.  As much as I love wearing heels, I know for a fact that I have bought shoes that I thought looked good, knowing full well they would never see the sunshine.  Hopefully I am wrong about these and they do get to see the outdoors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been waiting for these,  Still need to add some extra holes so I can wear them. But I have been down for two weeks and at least one more week before I have to go back to work.  

New sandals for this summer:  Jessica Simpson Therisa

JS Therisa H.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Cali said:

Been waiting for these,  Still need to add some extra holes so I can wear them. But I have been down for two weeks and at least one more week before I have to go back to work.  

JS Therisa H.jpg

That looks exactly like my cup of tea, as I am always looking for my next pair of wooden heeled sandals. I hope you are back on your feet soon, quite literally.

• Like 1

I noticed that the New York Times “Wirecutter” product review section did a big piece today on the best sandals. They had a wide range of categories but not a single one, in any category, had heels. All were flat as pancakes - both the category winners and all the others tested. Even the category for women’s dressing up/evening sandals. No heels at all. None of them. That can’t be an accident 

Edited by Shyheels

On 4/22/2023 at 7:19 PM, Cali said:

JS Therisa H.jpg

Been eyeing these in black. Can't decide whether to size up to 12 for width or go with the 11 since the front is adjustable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peeptoe said:

Been eyeing these in black. Can't decide whether to size up to 12 for width or go with the 11 since the front is adjustable. 

I have many Jessica Simpson stilletoes and I find her heels a little tight, so I get most of hers in size 11.  But these were to large for me is size 11. So I had to get them in size 10.  

I have a big toe box so I like adjustible toe boxes like these have. I will also have to add extra holes to both straps, but I have a leather hole puncher that makes this easy to do.

• Like 1

Here is my latest. They are from Aldo. The heel measures just under 4 inches. They are animal print, but they are patent at the same time.  And the animal print and patent is on the bottom of the shoe as well, which I have never seen before. And the best part is they were only worn once, and I got them on a local buy and sell for 10 bucks!

20230430_195106.jpg

20230430_203953.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is my latest. They are from Aldo. The heel measures just under 4 inches. They are animal print, but they are patent at the same time.  And the animal print and patent is on the bottom of the shoe as well, which I have never seen before. And the best part is they were only worn once, and I got them on a local buy and sell for 10 bucks!

20230430_195106.jpg

20230430_203953.jpg

These certainly are unique, can’t say as I have seen a pattern continue across the the sole like that! I like them!

On 4/30/2023 at 5:48 PM, Cali said:

I have many Jessica Simpson stilletoes and I find her heels a little tight, so I get most of hers in size 11.  But these were to large for me is size 11. So I had to get them in size 10.  

I have a big toe box so I like adjustible toe boxes like these have. I will also have to add extra holes to both straps, but I have a leather hole puncher that makes this easy to do.

I have 2 pairs of JS and agree the toe box is tight if you have a wider foot. One pair is a sz11 half d'orsay cut that misses the widest part of my foot and the other is a pair of pumps in sz12 that I had to add a heel liner to absorb the added length. Dillard's website is listing the Prizma half d'orsay in wide width even in extended sizes FYI. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:19 PM, Cali said:

JS Therisa H.jpg

JS Therisa.

So I finally found my hole punch and added extra holes.  All I needed to do was add only one more hole to each strap.  I know I will have to use blister bandages on the small toes as I break them in.

JS Therisa 4sh.jpg

• Like 2