Who has bought some new shoes

gj

That IS a nice color. It seems like there are lot more colors of pumps (and shoes in general) than there used to be. And that's even if you don't count the gaudy, busy, multicolor designs that seem to be everywhere as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bootslover29 said:

Whaou! Amazing look! Are they easy to walk with?

The sole is very slightly bubbly and not as solid but that aside, I'm very impressed with them. Easy to walk in, fit nicely and don't hurt my feet in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Dillard's was having a nice clearance sale. Got both pair in the mail this week. And of course they're peep toe.  FYI Make sure you know your size in the brand you're buying because anything discounted 65% or more is non returnable. 

Screenshot_20220815-030715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220815-030619_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Those look very nice.  I like the strappy and thong style sandals.  That is one problem with online end of season sales, most are non returnable.  Two weeks ago I took advantage of a great sale at  Marmi Shoes, but was lucky and the local store had my size to try on before buying.  

Enjoy your new sandals, they look great!  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

3 hours ago, SF said:

Those look very nice.  I like the strappy and thong style sandals.  That is one problem with online end of season sales, most are non returnable.  Two weeks ago I took advantage of a great sale at  Marmi Shoes, but was lucky and the local store had my size to try on before buying.  

Enjoy your new sandals, they look great!  sf

Admittedly I didn't know my size in these two brands but I sized up for width and made the gamble(I'm an 11W and these are 12M).  The combined price for both was less than 1/2 the original price of a single pair. I couldn't resist the temptation.   Fortunately it worked out. 

1 minute ago, Jkrenzer said:

I like them but they look to be a bit large in the back.

Yeah that’s a problem I seem to have finding shoes that are comfortable in the toe box and snug at the back 😒 Although my very old black ones are snug and from the same place! I guess that’s what happens when you try and find cheaper large size shoes! 

8E290979-347E-4575-B16E-5077A68F6698.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Several new heels waiting on me to get home. Part of a recent spree. More pics to come.

These are the mules, love them.

20220819_184240_resized.jpg

20220819_184259_resized.jpg

Wow, I love these. So gorgeous with their pointy toes and ultra thin steel heels. I would be proud to go out in these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitsysun1400 said:

Yeah that’s a problem I seem to have finding shoes that are comfortable in the toe box and snug at the back 😒 Although my very old black ones are snug and from the same place! I guess that’s what happens when you try and find cheaper large size shoes! 

8E290979-347E-4575-B16E-5077A68F6698.jpeg

OK on the heels. I like the fishnet hose, which is a favorite of mine.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StilettoLuv said:

Wow, I love these. So gorgeous with their pointy toes and ultra thin steel heels. I would be proud to go out in these.

They made these special for me. I ordered a fully coated heel but they initially asked for another 10 bucks. All I can figure is they fitted a "to short" heel on them. It would have cost them to make them right. I refused to pay more so they offered the metal heel. I actually love this even more. I just asked if these can be made in white, black and beige. If they will I'll get them too.

These will be going public very soon. Notice the high arch and not straight back placed heels, well designed.

20220819_184319_resized.jpg

I contacted the manufacturer through alliexpress. They only advertise these in blue and black and without the metal heels. They agreed to make me these in black, white and beige so I ordered 3 more pair.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my latest. The brand is Boohoo. The heel measures close to 5 inches. And without a platform they feel high, just the way I like them. These are also the first ones I've seen with a triangle toe box. And there sizing is weird too. I am usually an eur40 which I believe is a 9. But these are marked 8/41, and yet they fit me perfectly!

20220904_172127.jpg

20220904_172228.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 7

Hi all, it's time for another new pair of shoes! I am actually several pairs behind, but these are special because I think I have finally found a pair of nude (or beige) pumps which suit all of my needs and desires. Well, except for one, and that comes at a price I'm unwilling to pay.

I had bought a pair of Steve Madden "Daisie" pumps in nude a while back. They were a very pinkish beige, but that didn't bother me. They were super pointy, had super thin heels which approached the 5 inch territory, and were super easy to walk in. The only problem was that the sock liner of the shoe had started to deteriorate due to age and exposure to air. Or sunlight. Or something. I'm no chemist, but the insides of these shoes were peeling off, and it wasn't because of heavy use--there wasn't a mark on the soles or heels. I was/am unable to find another pair in that color and in my size. The other model that is of the same basic idea is the "Vala," but it has an extreme setback heel which I think looks ugly. Naturally, those can be had everywhere for a little bit of nothing.

Anyway, I ran across these Madden pumps on Poshmark which were called "Klory." They looked to be the ticket. High, thin heel, pointed toe, but less extreme than the Daisie. Supposedly, they were brand new. The seller wanted something like 80 bucks for them. "Nah, I'm not paying quite that much for a plastic shoe that I can't try on," I said to myself. "If they come down to 50 bucks, then we'll see." It took a while, but the seller did eventually come down to 50 bucks. I couldn't go back on a promise, so I bought them, and I'm glad I did.

Although I have yet to truly wear them outside, I can tell you that they seem to have all the good characteristics of the Daisies without the peeling insides. Actually, I like them better in some aspects. The not-quite-4 3/4" heel (119 mm to be exact) is incrementally thicker than the Daisie, at 5/16", or 8 mm, but more importantly, it curves inward, toward the front of the shoe, which I find more attractive and desirable than a more set back heel. Fit is what you'd expect from a size 9 Steve Madden, so that was a relief. They seem a little bit steeper than the Daisies, even though the heel height is virtually the same. I'll have to actually wear them somewhere to comment on that, but the heels are rock solid, so any awkwardness I may experience is user error, and not the fault of the shoes. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

SMKlorySide.jpg

SMKloryTop.jpg

SMKloryWorn.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
Typo
  • Like 8

Can't wear your steepness but still not bad. Had a long conversation with the check out lady at the grocery this morning. She came around to see them, black ones, up close. She asked about my red Mary Janes. I told they "They are doing fine".

• Like 1

Got these today on a local buy and sell. They are black patent ASOS brand with a 4 1/2" heel. They are brand new. They have weird sizing however.  They are marked 8 on the bottom.   But the ad said that was equal to a US 10. I check their website and sure enough 8 and 41 is a US 10.  I still wasn't sure if they were going to fit though. So I tried to talk them down on the price. Lucky for me, the last shoes I bought from another company had the same weird sizing, And those fit perfectly!  So I was willing to take a chance if the price was right. I ended up paying only $25. As soon as I got home I tried them on and wouldn't you know it, a perfect fit!  And they are surprisingly comfortable too.

20220919_203327.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Got these today on a local buy and sell. They are black patent ASOS brand with a 4 1/2" heel. They are brand new. They have weird sizing however.  They are marked 8 on the bottom.   But the ad said that was equal to a US 10. I check their website and sure enough 8 and 41 is a US 10.  I still wasn't sure if they were going to fit though. So I tried to talk them down on the price. Lucky for me, the last shoes I bought from another company had the same weird sizing, And those fit perfectly!  So I was willing to take a chance if the price was right. I ended up paying only $25. As soon as I got home I tried them on and wouldn't you know it, a perfect fit!  And they are surprisingly comfortable too.

20220919_203327.jpg

Really attractive and classic stiletto pumps. Wear them in good health... and often.

• Like 1

These are getting a lot of wear. Obviously very eye catching without being too high, three inches block heels. Bought from the men's collection from Asos Design.

Got lots of compliments from men and women as well.

They're very plastic/synthetic on the upper and rubber soles but well made. Very comfortable. I really like them, don't know how much time will last.

photo_2022-09-29_17-45-13.jpg

photo_2022-09-29_17-40-55.jpg

Edited by flavio
heel height
  • Like 4

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.