Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Mlrose....  Well the sandals have not arrived yet, I will decide if they are keepers when they arrive.  I have always liked the thong styles, flat and heeled, and these caught my eye, were a new arrival and on sale so I grabbed them.  I like the ankle wrap, I had another pair of sandals a while back that had an ankle wrap and I really liked them.  The semi see-thru vinyl will be the deciding factor on these shoes.  I like the thin heel, I stayed away from thin kitten heels in the past but now have several pair of similar heels that are easy to walk in - but careful of cracks.

When they arrive I will post an update and pic.  The wife and I are headed to Vegas in a few days, hopefully they will arrive before then.  Were getting pedicures there, would be fun to show off the new pedi with these new sandals...  Smile....  sf  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing the local online buy and sells this weekend.  And i came across the ultimate shoe haul!  4 pairs of shoes and a pair of boots.  And the best part is I got all 5 pairs for 35 bucks!  And the seller even threw in some clear storage containers to boot!  After getting them home and trying them all on, I am not sure if I will be keeping them all.  I absolutely love the two tone brown boots from Aldo.  And they are in mint condition!  I also love the black caged heels from Guess.  They are in great condition too except for some wear on the bottom.  The other 3 I am on the fence about.  They are not exactly what I pictured from the photos but I will probably end up keeping them.

heels.jpg

• Like 3

I recently bought these Steve Madden "Ronni," or possibly "P-Ronni" pumps. I'm not sure what the significance of the "P" is, but it says it on the liner of the shoe as being the model name. I bought them from Poshmark for 20 bucks plus shipping. I bought them to possibly replace my Steve Madden "Daisie" nude patent pumps, which are disintegrating from the inside out, even though they've only been worn a few times. This phenomenon has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, and I still am undecided about whether to get rid of the Daisies. So far, the only downside to this deterioration is that you have little pieces of PVC material all over your feet when you get done wearing them.

Although both pairs of shoes would be termed "nude patent" in color, which is a bit of an ethno-centric description in my estimation, they are not the same color at all. The Daisies are more pinkish in color, the Ronnis less so. The main difference is that the Daisies are very pointy toed, and the Ronnis are almond toe, which I prefer. Also, the Daisies have much thinner heels throughout their length, and come to the floor at 5/16", or 8 mm in thickness, whereas the Ronnis taper down much more gradually to 3/8", or about 9.5 mm. You would think that this would make the Ronnis sturdier, but this does not seem to be the case.

When walking downhill, it feels like the heels on the Ronnis are bending slightly rearward with each step in a way that doesn't seem to be the case with the Daisies, despite their significantly thinner heels. Upon close examination, neither shoe seems to have a loose or weak heel, so this may be my perception only. This only happens on downward slopes, so it seems to be a mere irritant. The heel height on the Ronni comes in at 4 5/16", slightly lower than the 4 5/8" Daisies. It may seem a little obsessive to measure the heel height to the 16th of an inch, and I even thought so myself, until I ran the numbers through my calculator to discover that it's right at 11 cm. Coincidence? Maybe.

The experience so far has been mostly good, although when I first got them, the Ronnis were so tight that I almost couldn't get them on. I was going to re-Posh them straight away, but having learned from experience that it's a bad idea to make a snap decision about such things, I tried them several days later, and managed to get them on without too much trouble. After an hour of wearing them around the house, they seemed to straighten up and fly right somewhat, so I decided to wear them to church yesterday, which meant I had them on for a total of about 4 hours yesterday, 75% of which was either standing or walking. They're still a little on the tight side, but not to the point where I'm going to get rid of them just yet. My feet were tired, but not unreasonably so. No blisters, no hot spots, nothing like that, so I guess I'll keep them for now.

I decided to try wearing a dark outfit with these light colored shoes, which I've never tried before, but I've seen a number of women do this. You can go back to January 15 on this thread to see pictures of the other pointy shoes for reference if you so desire.

P.S. I do not know the purpose of those little black loop thingies that sit under the arch of your foot on the insole, but they are definitely there by design, and not as a result of something pulling apart.

SMRonniSide.jpg

SMRonniTop.jpg

BurgandySuitSMRonni.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, NrthEastHeel said:

Picked these up at a charity shop last week, brand new, not a high end brand, but hey , for 1£ , it would have been wrong to pass them by :)

2022-03-22_04-59-59.jpg

2022-03-22_04-59-59b.jpg

No image, icon only. I guess 1 pound for nothing is a good deal?

12 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

That's a good look, likethe shorter pants and huge contrast. Nude, in the past those were taupe. No racial connotation. 

One of these days, I'll have to put all of my similarly colored shoes on a table and take a picture of them, and we can have fun deciding what to call them all. None of them are quite the same color, even though it seems like they ought to be.

This is also my first time wearing a suit, albeit sans necktie, without any kind of hosiery. The reason for this was simple: I do not have any socks thin enough for these shoes (I usually wear trouser socks) that are not black or brown, and I figured that would look terrible, so I went bare.

16 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

One of these days, I'll have to put all of my similarly colored shoes on a table and take a picture of them, and we can have fun deciding what to call them all. None of them are quite the same color, even though it seems like they ought to be.

This is also my first time wearing a suit, albeit sans necktie, without any kind of hosiery. The reason for this was simple: I do not have any socks thin enough for these shoes (I usually wear trouser socks) that are not black or brown, and I figured that would look terrible, so I went bare.

Always go bare with pumps, a better look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Always go bare with pumps, a better look.

Not always going bare is better. I like to wear sheer hose with my pumps in cooler weather. When it's hot out then bare is my way to go, When it's real cold out (no snow) then it could be opaque tights with my pumps. Just depends on the conditions.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Always wear nude hose with pumps !

Henri

• Like 1

Ok .. So i couldnt help myself. Browsing through a local charity shop i found these , Asos Design 'Niki', in my size, brand new for £4.50. Originally £25, online sale price is 15£. They just spoke to me, something cute abiut them and figured a nice around the house mule, for a bargain price :)

20220402_113041 (1).jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NrthEastHeel said:

Ok .. So i couldnt help myself. Browsing through a local charity shop i found these , Asos Design 'Niki', in my size, brand new for £4.50. Originally £25, online sale price is 15£. They just spoke to me, something cute abiut them and figured a nice around the house mule, for a bargain price :)

20220402_113041 (1).jpg

Considering the price was less than a fiver, I might have done the same, but I am really doubtful about that squared off toe shape. How do they look on?

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Considering the price was less than a fiver, I might have done the same, but I am really doubtful about that squared off toe shape. How do they look on?

What do you think?  Once on the foot, the squared off toe seems to align nice with the toes. Super comfortable on, padded under heel and ofcourse the soft padded front.

1747573404_20220402_152021(1).thumb.jpg.e896a9c53fad937dcdc456d3b2e87627.jpg570218788_20220402_152035(1).thumb.jpg.754fcfdf4a89661c08ecae42ec87b6c5.jpg

• Like 1

Those are very nice looking stylish sandals.  The square toe looks great, it’s the style right now.  You said the sandals are for around the house, heck, get them outside and show them off!  Those sandals are to classy to be kept inside.  

Have fun.....   smile.....   sf

I would have loved that those pumps were for 1€, infortunately even 2nd hand, they were sold for 350€, so I had to keep my credit card in my pocket! 

[URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/22033107204422178917850370.jpg.html][IMG]https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2022/03/31//22033107204422178917850370.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

22033107204422178917850370.jpg

I'm afraid Louboutin is not for me! 😭

Those classic pumps where more affordable 

22030108472722178917815677.jpg

Edited by Bootslover29
  • Like 2

New sandals for spring and summer !!!…..  

I saw these sandals last February and had to have them (even tho I did not need them!).

The ankle wrap thong is “Popi” by Nine West, size 11.  The chunky-heeled sandal is Morel by VanEli from Marmi Shoes, size 12.  

I like both styles for totally different reasons.  

The Popi thong has a unique feminine “edgy” look to it with the semi clear upper and the ankle ties.  The kitten heel is 3 1/4 inches high, the highest heel I own.  All of my other heels are less than 3 inches.  That extra ¼ inch makes a difference too.  I have worn them out almost daily the past two weeks; they are comfy, to a point.  No long walks for these heels, but standing is fine.  They will be good for short errands or going out to dinner, coffee and such.  Nonetheless, I like them – a lot.  

The block heeled VanEli Morel sandals are from Marmi Shoes, my favorite shoe store.  They were on a one-day clearance sale for $22.22 on February 22!!  They had sold for $120 dollars, what a deal.  I call them my “frumpy” sandals and the wife agrees.  They aren’t the most stylish sandal I own but they sure are comfortable and versatile.  The heel is a stable 2 ½ inches and the uppers hold my foot securely.  I have worn them for many hours without any problems.  Even tho they be “frumpy” I like ‘em too!  

Both are pictured with my Vegas pedicure from the spa at Caesars Palace.  The gals there do a wonderful job on the nails.  

Have fun in your heels, I do.  Smile….   sf

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/12/2022 at 12:17 AM, SF said:

New sandals for spring and summer !!!…..  

I saw these sandals last February and had to have them (even tho I did not need them!).

The ankle wrap thong is “Popi” by Nine West, size 11.  The chunky-heeled sandal is Morel by VanEli from Marmi Shoes, size 12.  

I like both styles for totally different reasons.  

The Popi thong has a unique feminine “edgy” look to it with the semi clear upper and the ankle ties.  The kitten heel is 3 1/4 inches high, the highest heel I own.  All of my other heels are less than 3 inches.  That extra ¼ inch makes a difference too.  I have worn them out almost daily the past two weeks; they are comfy, to a point.  No long walks for these heels, but standing is fine.  They will be good for short errands or going out to dinner, coffee and such.  Nonetheless, I like them – a lot.  

The block heeled VanEli Morel sandals are from Marmi Shoes, my favorite shoe store.  They were on a one-day clearance sale for $22.22 on February 22!!  They had sold for $120 dollars, what a deal.  I call them my “frumpy” sandals and the wife agrees.  They aren’t the most stylish sandal I own but they sure are comfortable and versatile.  The heel is a stable 2 ½ inches and the uppers hold my foot securely.  I have worn them for many hours without any problems.  Even tho they be “frumpy” I like ‘em too!  

Both are pictured with my Vegas pedicure from the spa at Caesars Palace.  The gals there do a wonderful job on the nails.  

Have fun in your heels, I do.  Smile….   sf

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

I have to ask, how are you getting along with the PVC uppers of your Nine West sandals? I have vacillated on whether I should purchase sandals with a PVC upper. Do you have any problems with them "fogging up?"

I disagree that the second pictured pair of sandals is "frumpy." They are merely "frumpy-ish." I think what saves them from being truly frumpy is the crisscross design of the vamp. Also, I'm just trying to imagine a frumpy person who would wear such shoes, and I'm finding that my imagination evidently is not all that rich.