Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I know this is quick turnaround, I didn't really buy two pairs of shoes at once, but I didn't get around to photographing and writing about them until now. This is actually a new pair of shoes for me, within the last few days. I feel like they will certainly gain @Jkrenzer's approval.

First, I'll have to apologize for the lack of drain pipe in the background. Our washing machine is currently under repair, and we're waiting on (that would be "waiting for" in most parts of the English speaking world) replacement parts. Hopefully before the next new pair of shoes, it will be up and running again.

I am not really sure why I bought these shoes. They are way too pointy and way too high. They just caught my fancy, and I hope I will get the chance to wear them someplace. I'm glad I did not pay a lot of money for them, because among other things, they are already falling apart. I have no idea how old these shoes are, but it's fairly obvious that they've been sitting on a shelf or in a closet for quite some time, even though they look unworn.

These are Steve Madden "Daisie" pumps, and they evidently contain no leather. Though they look immaculate on the outside, the first time I put them on, the outer layer of the liner started to peel off. This is not a huge deal, as I have a number of other shoes with the same problem, all it does is make a bit of a mess on your feet each time you wear them. Whatever material they're made out of just does not age well.

I've always fancied nude patent pumps, and now I guess I've got them. I understand that some people hate them, and that's ok, they're just wrong! I was surprised at how high the heel actually is compared to what I expected from the pictures. We're talking Louboutin So Kate territory here, at 120 mm, and the cross section is a mere 8 mm. They are very high, and very thin. And very pointy. I already see I can't even wear these to the grocery store until I 1) learn to walk properly in them, and 2) replace the heel tips. Although the shoes are unworn, the little bit of walking I've done in them tells me that the heel tips are very hard and very slippery. They will either break in short order, or they'll break me, one.

SMNudePumpsSide.jpg

SMNudePumpsTop.jpg

WashingMachine.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

This is actually a new pair of shoes for me, within the last few days. I feel like they will certainly gain @Jkrenzer's approval.

They sure gain my approval, beautyful colour and shape! Sorry to hear that the quality is subpar.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

1 hour ago, Isolathor said:

They sure gain my approval, beautyful colour and shape! Sorry to hear that the quality is subpar.

Yes, I do like them. Surprised about the quality though Steve Madden usually makes goot middle quality pumps. Oh, yah I'd definitely wear them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

Surprised about the quality though Steve Madden usually makes goot middle quality pumps.

Quality control seems to be a problem in many cases. My wife has/had cheap (20€ish from China) heels with a good/long lifespan and expensive (150-200€ish or more from more trustworthy countries) heels which started to disintegrate after only 2 or 3 outings. But on average the most reliable heels have been the ones in the 100€-range.

48 minutes ago, Isolathor said:

Quality control seems to be a problem in many cases. My wife has/had cheap (20€ish from China) heels with a good/long lifespan and expensive (150-200€ish or more from more trustworthy countries) heels which started to disintegrate after only 2 or 3 outings. But on average the most reliable heels have been the ones in the 100€-range.

Agreed, today I'm wearing my Wetkiss Cassadei blade knockoff 5 inch high ankle boots. I can't seem to kill them, have many miles on them. Much more than my actual Cassadei pumps which jave struggled to keep up. Been to few shops etc, love these and so happy they have been so durable.

20220112_212515.jpg

• Like 8

Yes, I miss the pipework background and am 'waiting for' it to reappear.   But the shoes look nice (although I too am not keen on the colour) but I can understand your wearing concerns - they are not for everyone.

At least there can be no doubt that we should call these 'stiletto heels'.  😁

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:24 AM, Isolathor said:

I guess I should have made myself clearer, it's not that the quality is necessarily subpar, this can happen with anything that is made of polymer/plastic material. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, whether it's exposure to oxygen, or sunlight, or whatever, but even sitting on the shelf, unworn, a lot of times the material will begin to degrade. I have several pairs of shoes with this problem, many of them 'higher quality' type shoes. If the sock liner is not 100% leather, the shoes could be vulnerable to this type of disintegration. So far, I've never had a problem with the outsides of any shoes doing the same thing, but then again, I don't own very many non-leather shoes.

If the liner (insock) is the only part deteriorating, surely it would be quite easy to replace this, e.g. with an insole (in leather if desired)?

The typical problem with (cheaper/Chinese) polyurethane shoes is that the uppers start to delaminate, even without being worn and kept out of the sun or light.   A sort of built-in obsolescence, perhaps?   A nuisance, anyhow, as it spoils the look at least.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:39 AM, Jkrenzer said:

Yes, I do like them. Surprised about the quality though Steve Madden usually makes goot middle quality pumps. Oh, yah I'd definitely wear them.

I feel like a lot of the mid level brands are trending towards poorer quality offerings.  I suspect that it correlates to the increase in "man made" and the decrease in "genuine leather"  shoes that they offer. 

The drain pipe is back, which is good news! Not necessarily because of its own existence, but because it means that my washing machine has apparently been successfully repaired. By my 12 year old. For 40 bucks. You can't beat that with a stick.

Anyhow, due to the relentless nature of consumerism and a quick message from Poshmark during a moment of weakness, I decided to buy yet another pair of pumps. I tend to go in blocks of style, and it seems that my last several purchases have tended to be pumps with a bit of a thicker heel, and these are no exception. As I have said before, I find that little bit of extra material tends to make them more practical.

The brand is Vince Camuto, and the model is apparently "Carra." A good, solid mid-level shoe, much like Nine West is, or used to be. 4 1/4" heel, no platform. The heel width at the floor is 5/8", or about 16 mm, so well out of stiletto range, but definitely not a chunky or a block heel. The heels are contrasting stacked leather, or they would be, if they were more expensive shoes. Of course, it's fake stacked leather, but you get the idea. I may or may not polish the crap out of the heels with black shoe polish to make them appear black. I have done this successfully in the past.

I have not actually worn them except for around the house for a couple of hours, which as you know, doesn't really count. All I can say for right now is that they appear to fit in my normal size 9.

VinceCamutoPumpSide.jpg

VinceCamutoPumpTop.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

... polish the crap out of the heels with black shoe polish to make them appear black. I have done this successfully in the past.

VinceCamutoPumpSide.jpg

VinceCamutoPumpTop.jpg

Don't! These shoes look stylish with that stacked leather heel, don't ruin that appearance!

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The drain pipe is back, which is good news! Not necessarily because of its own existence, but because it means that my washing machine has apparently been successfully repaired. By my 12 year old. For 40 bucks. You can't beat that with a stick.

Anyhow, due to the relentless nature of consumerism and a quick message from Poshmark during a moment of weakness, I decided to buy yet another pair of pumps. I tend to go in blocks of style, and it seems that my last several purchases have tended to be pumps with a bit of a thicker heel, and these are no exception. As I have said before, I find that little bit of extra material tends to make them more practical.

The brand is Vince Camuto, and the model is apparently "Carra." A good, solid mid-level shoe, much like Nine West is, or used to be. 4 1/4" heel, no platform. The heel width at the floor is 5/8", or about 16 mm, so well out of stiletto range, but definitely not a chunky or a block heel. The heels are contrasting stacked leather, or they would be, if they were more expensive shoes. Of course, it's fake stacked leather, but you get the idea. I may or may not polish the crap out of the heels with black shoe polish to make them appear black. I have done this successfully in the past.

I have not actually worn them except for around the house for a couple of hours, which as you know, doesn't really count. All I can say for right now is that they appear to fit in my normal size 9.

VinceCamutoPumpSide.jpg

VinceCamutoPumpTop.jpg

I adore those stacked heels, those are awesome!!!

On 7/20/2021 at 8:45 PM, Rockpup said:

Found these on clearance today, I was hoping for red, but the price was too good.

Louboutin Tanja 100.

photos wearing them soon.

EF9B3F55-0FC8-4E33-BB8E-EA09BB3704C2.jpeg

Was trying to figure out why these were a little tougher to wear out and about then my other 4” heels, and I now realize these are 110mm/4.5”. I guess that extra half inch is the difference between what I can easily wear outside, or if I have to concentrate on my walking. For now.

(formerly known as "JimC")

9 minutes ago, Rockpup said:

Was trying to figure out why these were a little tougher to wear out and about then my other 4” heels, and I now realize these are 110mm/4.5”. I guess that extra half inch is the difference between what I can easily wear outside, or if I have to concentrate on my walking. For now.

They are beautiful shoes. Please post a modeled pic for us.

I have bought a pair of cheap Chinese mules once again. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it doesn't. I think that in this case, it will work out, if I can figure out what to wear these with.

A little background first: As many of you know, I browse Poshmark on a fairly regular basis, and that platform often "picks out" stuff for the user/member, be it shoes, dresses, pants, skirts, whatever. As you can guess, it mostly picks out shoes for me, as that is the vast majority of my purchases. A a couple of months ago, it picked out these shoes for me, only it wasn't these exact shoes. The ones that the algorithm picked out were these shoes, only in sort of a chocolate bronze color. They caught my eye right away, but they were 60 bucks plus shipping. I'm like, "There's no way I'm paying close to 75 dollars for another cheap Chinese non-leather pair of shoes." I just let it ride.

Several weeks later, they fed me the exact same shoes from a different seller in a different color for somewhat cheaper. I "liked" them, and within a day or two the seller made me an offer at a significant discount from the asking price, and also a discount on the shipping. So I bit. And now I am the owner of something called MDT shoes, model name "Mackley." And they're not horrible. For one thing, size 8 1/2 is size 8 1/2. For another, they came with a pair of color coordinated replacement heel tips right in the box! After wearing them for 30 minutes, it became quite evident that I'd have to install some footpads because girth-wise, they're actually a little big.

Yeah, they're not leather, and they're a little stiff feeling, but I also don't feel like I wasted my money. Technical details: Just a tidge over 4 1/2" heel height, and about 9 mm heel thickness at the bottom. Fully four toes show when wearing these, so the strap is set further back than many mules. As a result of this, they do not flap much when walking, which is either a plus or a minus, depending upon your point of view.

MDTGoldMulesSide.jpg

MDTGoldMulesTop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

M might order these tomorrow MissHeel Fashion Slip-on High Heeled Platform Pumps Stiletto High Heels Court Shoes for Wedding Dress https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0899Y9PTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_7PTZ0XYD6ZPQXR4TYK2F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just now, jamie1608 said:

M might order these tomorrow MissHeel Fashion Slip-on High Heeled Platform Pumps Stiletto High Heels Court Shoes for Wedding Dress https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0899Y9PTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_7PTZ0XYD6ZPQXR4TYK2F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These look like these will go with them SIMPLY CHIC Women's Black Boot Cut Jeans Stretch Classic Bootcut Denim Trousers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07V2SL1PL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CBSF9W1WZ430AY9P2PZE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My new sandals,  I got from Nine West.https://ninewest.com/products/glitz-block-heel-slide-sandals-in-black-crystal . I can't wait for warm spring weather to wear my new sandals out and about. They have lots of bling and I will definitely be getting a new pedi in my favorite red color to show them off. I already know that my lady friends will be highly impressed with my new sandals. I love Nine West shoes and boots as I have many pairs of each.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Bluejay....  Those sandals look fantastic.  Hope you enjoy getting out in them.  I also like Nine West shoes and sandals, FYI most Nine West styles go to a gals size 12 which is nice.  I just ordered a pair of sandals from Nine West, style “Popi” a thin heeled thong/ankle wrap, should arrive this week.

After seeing  the style you have, I am tempted to get that heel as well, after all, how many heels can a guy have?  Can anyone answer that?  ha ha

Enjoy your new sandals......   smile....   sf

491BD168-FDE4-450C-A2D1-AAEABDB13B8B.jpeg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

2 hours ago, SF said:

...... after all, how many heels can a guy have?  Can anyone answer that?  ha ha

The number of heels a person can have is limited only by one's storage ability. With me, its around 70.

However with the ability for storage units, that could easily exceed thousands.  But who has the time to wear them then. 

2 hours ago, Cali said:

The number of heels a person can have is limited only by one's storage ability. With me, its around 70.

However with the ability for storage units, that could easily exceed thousands.  But who has the time to wear them then. 

Exactly right, I have stopped buying heels, simply because I have no opportunity to wear them all. Apart from at home, of course...

On 1/25/2022 at 3:16 AM, mlroseplant said:

VinceCamutoPumpSide.jpg

VinceCamutoPumpTop.jpg

Although if I could find these in 11, I would JUMP!

• Like 1

I may own one hundred pairs of heels. I stopped buying more. I just realized I was spending more time checking if this or that pair really suits my feet instead of enjoying wearing the 20 pairs that have proved they fit my feet. 

Does it mean  I should get rid of 80 pairs. The reasonable answer would be : yes! 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I may own one hundred pairs of heels. I stopped buying more. I just realized I was spending more time checking if this or that pair really suits my feet instead of enjoying wearing the 20 pairs that have proved they fit my feet. 

Does it mean  I should get rid of 80 pairs. The reasonable answer would be : yes! 

Emotions don't care about facts. Logically you should get rid of them. But when you try your mind will find ways to keep them. The only argument that your mind can accept is that it will make room and give you funds to get more new shoes.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 10:13 AM, SF said:

Bluejay....  Those sandals look fantastic.  Hope you enjoy getting out in them.  I also like Nine West shoes and sandals, FYI most Nine West styles go to a gals size 12 which is nice.  I just ordered a pair of sandals from Nine West, style “Popi” a thin heeled thong/ankle wrap, should arrive this week.

After seeing  the style you have, I am tempted to get that heel as well, after all, how many heels can a guy have?  Can anyone answer that?  ha ha

A guy can have as many pairs of heels as he wants. I have so many pair of heels, both shoes and boots, that I lost count. When I see something new and I like it , I just buy it.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have either 85 or 90 pairs of heels, depending upon your definition of "heels." I do not really count the few <3" heels I have, but they do play an important part in my wardrobe.  I just counted, out of curiosity, to see if I had exceeded where I was at last year, considering I culled about a dozen pairs last summer. Yes, I have gotten back to where I was before, and then some.

The latest acquisition is a pair of sparkly silver fabric mules that are a brand called BellaMarie, style is called Bebe. They are yet another cheap Chinese shoe, and the only reason I bought them is because I have another nearly identical pair in a sort of blush patent, I know they're durable, and they fit me incredibly well. Oh, and you can't find them anymore. These were closeouts for dirt cheap. I have no idea what to pair these with, but they do fit well, are comfortable and easy to walk in.

The heel, while very thin (6 mm) and fairly high (just shy of 4 1/2" or 115 mm) is quite sturdy, and well-placed under the shoe. It is also, like on my other shoes in this style, not covered with anything--it's just straight molded plastic. Which is good, because the chances of you catching this in a spot where it really shouldn't go is fairly high, and the lack of leather/plastic covering minimizes the chance of damage.

BellaMarieSilverSide.jpg

BellaMarieSilverTop.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 9:13 AM, SF said:

I have been interested in something like that for a while, it does seem like the clear PVC material has come into the mainstream. We've had these clear shoes for a long time, my wife even had a pair, but it seemed to me that they were tacky looking in a way that the modern version is not.